Default Maxi dresses - too hot to wear?

Ladies,

We'll be taking our first trip to CSA December 12 - 19th. I'm so excited! I was planning on bringing some sleeveless polyester maxi dresses for evening wear, but I've seen some people mention that man-made materials could be too hot and uncomfortable. What's your experience? Thanks in advance for the advice. I appreciate it.

Alma

Not a problem in December. In fact, in Feathers you will be glad to have something over your legs and would probably enjoy a shawl or light sweater due to air conditioning. I have never had a problem with a long skirt or dress in the month of December. Enjoy!

At night the dresses will be perfect!

Bring some short dresses too. It can vary by the day and humidity. That's what I'm doing and will be there 12/8 to 12/15.

Long dresses are quite popular at dinner time and after, but I would think polyester woukd be a bad idea.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Polyester can be hot - but since you're going sleeveless and December evenings are a little cooler, you should be OK....I find that I wear a lot of cotton jersey or cotton/poly blends that work well.

Have a great time!

I have worn them in August and not felt hot. It won't be a problem.

Mine are cotton/poly or rayon blends. I find them very comfortable and I do a shawl or cotton short sleeve sweater for evenings in the AC.
    Vicky

I had one long polyester-type maxi dress when I was at CN in October.... During the day- yes, it will be too hot, but most nights I was perfectly fine. As long as it isn't a terribly humid day you will be fine wearing it in the evening. I would bring some other types of fabrics as well. Have Fun!!!!

We were there once at the beginning of February and I had to buy a scarf/shawl from the gift shop to wear over my shoulders to dinner at night. I also wore maxi's to dinner in April and was fine.

First of all - congrats on booking CSA!!! We went there for our honeymoon in September and had the time of our lives!! I wore a maxi almost every single evening. They are so easy to throw on yet look super elegant. Also, I found that I sweat WAY less in poly that week, for some reason. I had a black cotton one and it was less comfortable than the poly or blends that I brought....I think the man made materials are thinner, depending on the manufacturer.

Enjoy!
    Laura

Maxi dresses are perfect for dinner time. Last year, I packed capris with shirts, dresses, shorts, tshirts... Wayyyyy to much!!! This year, keeping it simple with lots of swimsuits/cover ups and sleeveless/maxi dresses for night and a few workout outfits to take advantage of the awsome sports complex at CSA. That should cut the packing by half...I hope

I wore long dresses almost exclusively at night on our trip last January and have bought several new ones to add to my wardrobe for our trip this January!! I was very comfortable!!

I am always interested in wearing of long dresses and had a good collection of these. I want to buy some new long dresses and looking for these ideas and designs of long dresses.Well members in these above posts share some good points about these dresses and i am really impressed by these things indeed.

The poly blends are fine in a maxi dress - even better if you can skip the bra.

You should be fine my only problem with long dresses was if a sudden rainstorm hit your dress was soaked at the bottom

We go in late September or early October. I live in maxi dresses! I don't think you will be too hot.

I wear dresses the entire time we are at CSA twice a year. Short and casual over swimsuit or to breakfast and lunch. Sort or maxi to dinner. Definitely no polyester as it doesn't breathe! December won't be as bad, though. DO carry a light sweater, wrap or jacket to dinner at Feathers as the ac is pretty cold!