Default which island????

Hi Everyone,

My soon to be husband and I will be traveling to the couples resort in June of 2013 (as a honeymoon trip) we are having trouble deciding which island we should visit? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

LOL

Tower

johngela, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon. Couples has four resorts on the island of Jamaica. I'm guessing you meant which resort to go to. Without knowing what your tastes are it would be like me asking you to pick out a car for me. If you are a beach person Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril have the the better beaches. If that is top on your list than pick one of those two. The excursions are a little bit different at each, so if you ask your question again and let us know what you like to do, then we may be able to help you out. Other than that view the pictures and read about each resort and see which one is the most appealing to you. The one you keep returning to is probably the one for you. No matter which one you pick you can't go wrong... the staff, service, and food will be top notch at any one of the four. You are going to love it!

As you know Jamaica is made up of many different islands. Each one is special in it's own regard. Just go with the Island that speaks to you. I do not think you can go wrong with any island you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by johngela View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My soon to be husband and I will be traveling to the couples resort in June of 2013 (as a honeymoon trip) we are having trouble deciding which island we should visit? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

If you are going to a couples resport, you will be on the Island of Jamaica because that is the only one that has Couples resorts. Have a great honeymoon.
    Karin

Which Island should we visit? Couples resort at this point only has hotels in Jamaica. They have 2 in Negril and 2 in Ocho rios
    You will not go wrong with anyone you choose after all they are all Couples resorts!

I would really like to try Cuba someday, but if you have your heart set on Couples I think Jamaica should be at the top of your list.

Um, all are in Jamaica, so I think your problem is solved.

Well, you have only one option, Couples Resorts are only in Jamaica. So, maybe you really wanted to know which of the 4 to try? We love CN (Couples Negril) because of the layout, food, beach, diving, staff. But you really have to research them all to see which one speaks to you. Have fun!

All four Couples Resorts are only on Jamaica. They are either in the Ocho Rios or Negril areas.

All the resorts are on the same island (Jamaica). CSA & CN are on the south side of the island. CSS & CTI are on the north side of the island.
    It takes about 3 hours to travel between the north & south regions. So depending on what you want to see is where you pick.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I would really like to try Cuba someday, but if you have your heart set on Couples I think Jamaica should be at the top of your list.
    Really?

Take Jamaica and get rid of the taste from the food. Add more variation in seasonal weather and add in visible automatic weapons at the airport and there you have it: Cuba.

Oh yeah. Add in technology you haven't seen in ages,especially lots of old cars.

Been there and wouldn't compare it to Jamaica at all. It can be cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Is it true that Cuba has some of the best beaches in the world? They look nice when we fly over on our way to our second home of Jamaica.

Life is good

I was only teasing about the island confusion by mentioning Cuba. Though I think it would be interesting to visit a country so unlike anything I have ever known. But that would mean one less CN trip so Cuba is out.

Default oops

oops I did mean which resort is the best to stay at I know they are all in Jamaica... lets just say pregnancy brain !

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

oops I did mean which resort is the best to stay at I know they are all in Jamaica... lets just say pregnancy brain !
    Only you know what you and your husband want in a vacation, so you really need to research what each resort offers because they have unique styles. I can tell you we prefer CTI as the beach is private. There are no vendors or guests from other resorts walking the beach. It's the same for water craft. The only water craft is from CTI. We keep returning, trip #7 in July, because of the amazing staff and friends we have met through the years. If you continue to research, you will find one that you keep returning to in your mind and that resort will be the one calling to you.

I will try to outline some of the things that make each unique
    CN-On Bloody Bay with great beach, very nice pools, buildings have lower elevations. Cat Cruise
    CSA--On 7 Mile Beach in Negril. Buildings more villa like. Cat Cruise
    CSS--Built on cliffs, private beach, room service through out the day, all rooms are suites. Private Beach for AN sunbathing. Dunns River Fall climb
    CTI--Buildings have 2 to 4 floors all connected and centered around the lobby. Private Island for AN sunbathing. Cat Cruise, mini bars in all rooms, room service 7 am-11 pm.
    Vicky