Default Wed 28 Nov = cruise ship invasion! (6 in port)

Hi all,
    Based on a helpful suggestion on the board, I checked the cruise ship docking schedules for the time when we'll be at CSS. Planning which day to do Dunns River, etc... Well, usually between Falmouth and Ocho Rios there are maybe 2 - 3 ships in port. But for some reason on Wed 28 Nov, there will be SIX mega-ships in town. Thus, the island will be VERY crowded, especially at the Ocho Rios end. May be best to stay at "home" on the resorts that day and avoid the crowds.

WOW! can you imagine how buy the town and taxi drivers will be. I bet the drivers will be happy and TIRED that day ;-)

No way would I do shopping tour or Dunns river on that day.

If you see my mom, don't know her down. She will be on one of those ships, but not doing Dunn's River. She, my step dad and a group from their retirement community in FL leave Friday.
    Vicky

yes, just reading this now. we chose this day to visit scotchies, at the same time as the cruise ships passengers did. no where to sit, but when they left it looked like a ghost town. first experience with the cruise ship crowd.

MeandT, where do you go to find this information? We are going to CSS in Feb/Mar and would like to do Dunns River but would like to do it a day they are not busy.

Wednesday is by far the busiest cruise ship day in Ocho Rios, Falmouth and Montego Bay. Thursday is second, with maybe one or two ships the rest of the week. Saturday is usually devoid of cruise ships, with often only one day between Sunday, Monday and Friday with a ship in port (but that changes week to week). You can go to the web calendar of Cruise Jamaica for a good listing of what ships are where when.

Quote Originally Posted by srtaylor View Post
    Wednesday is by far the busiest cruise ship day in Ocho Rios, Falmouth and Montego Bay. Thursday is second, with maybe one or two ships the rest of the week. Saturday is usually devoid of cruise ships, with often only one day between Sunday, Monday and Friday with a ship in port (but that changes week to week). You can go to the web calendar of Cruise Jamaica for a good listing of what ships are where when.
    Thanks for this link. I just checked this out for our April trip. You just made my day! I know there might be some changes between now and then, but so far there are no ships booked for the day we are planning on visiting Dunns River Falls.