Default Jerk chicken at CTI

Just wondering if anyone who frequented COR (before rennovation to CTI) and loved their jerk chicken & pork knows if they have brought back that "original recipe" yet? We love the rennovations to the resort for the most part, but were very disappointed by the jerk chicken at the new snack bar. Very generic and not spicy at all!!

If they haven't brought the good stuff back yet, we may just have to bring a jar or two of Walkerswood with us. . .

When we were there I mentioned this to them and they swore it was the same. A lass it was not. However, on the last day we were there they served jerk chicken during lunch and it was the original. So I had my fix. It just was not the same as the beach grill we loved. I loved the heat and could even ask the cook for extra spicy and he had both souces ready the regular spicy and the extra spicy. I had this every lunch and had them pour it all over my beach fries. Now it might as well be BBQ.

I did buy some jerk seasoning from the shop for home and that does taste the same as the old school.

Hope they bring back the original to the grill soon. That is one major reason we loved COR over the others. That and the Lions...
    Mark & Sylvia

I agree with you that it might as well be called BBQ now! The spicier the better, as far as I'm concerned. My wife wasn't a big fan of hot food, but even she could not stop eating the original jerk chicken and pork, burning lips/running nose and all! Hope they will read this thread and bring it back to the regular menu, at least as an option.

I've had about a half dozen of the varieties of jerk sauce/seasoning sold in jars, and the Walkerswood "hot" is my favorite. Julianna's is pretty good too.

Ahhh yes. . . . if those lions could talk!

The color alone gives away the change. We didn't eat much in Oct.

we were at CTI in September and they served the Jerk sauce on the side for me, it was very spicy.

My wife likes it spicy, I do not.

If you go out from CTI to the main road and take a left, there's a jerk center less than a mile down on the opposite side that has some of the absolutely best jerk chicken I've ever eaten. The sauce is very hot, but tasty. However, the dry rub is a classic Jamaican jerk preparation. I spent about an hour talking to the cook two years ago. I don't remember the name of the place, but it's easy to find. There's also Scotchie's on that side of the island that MUST not be missed. Honestly though, this little jerk shack had better chicken than Scotchie's. The pork was okay, but a bit dry.

Here's the chicken in his cooker.

Rice and peas in a huge stew pot.

Chef chopping pork.

Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

i dont know what the original was, but i agree that it's more like bbq chicken than a nice spicy jerk. i understand why, but it's not what i prefer. when we swapped over to css for trading places we had their jerk and it was great. real heat and flavor. not sure if it was a fluke, but give it a try!

I'll see if there is a way to place a poll on the MB to see if CTI old COR spicy beach grill Jerk Chicken should be an option at the new pool grill.
    Mark & Sylvia

You can certainly make a poll. I miss the proper stuff, and didn't eat any jerk chix on the resort after our first day.

I can't believe that they would change the jerk! Bring back the original!!! Puh-leeez.

The poll is now on the MB
    Mark & Sylvia