Default $1000 airfare credit for CSS and CTI?

Just wondering if anyone is taking advantage of the new promo with airfare credit, I totaled it out for the end of March and it doesn't seem to be a fabulous deal, it's about the same price we payed for one week at CN in October...I know it is the higher season. Did anyone find a less expensive time in the Feb- March window for CSS?

We're booked for April 12-20 for CSS and airfare is about $1300. When I saw that Couples was offering the $1000 airfare credit, I priced out our trip to see if it would be a better deal since we actually prefer to get out of Chicago in Feb/March.
    If we were to travel within the dates to qualify for the $1000 credit, we would end up paying about the same total price for our trip that I have already booked (I haven't booked airfare yet).
    Our first few trips to Jamaica were always in February or March until I noticed years ago that the price drops quite a bit around the second week of April, usually about $1000 or more. Since then we always wait until April and make sure we get back "home" every year.
    If you can hang on until April, you may find it cheaper to go then without the $1000 credit.

rnjennifer,

I looked at the rates, and didn't see any that offer airfare credit. Where are you looking at to find that? its not part of the 2013 early escapes, or part of the Couplicious escape for this wednesday....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post
    rnjennifer,

I looked at the rates, and didn't see any that offer airfare credit. Where are you looking at to find that? its not part of the 2013 early escapes, or part of the Couplicious escape for this wednesday....
    It is only available for one room type at CSS, One Bedroom Beachfront Suite (at CTI it is Deluxe Ocean or higher). If that one category is sold out then you are SOL. If that is available then it is a great deal. Yes other time periods may be lower, but for that time it will beat any other deals.

I got a seperate email offer from Couples stating the 1000 dollar credit, and with a window of two weeks to book. I priced it out myself as we are booked in March, but for Canadians they offered not a very good flight times. I got a better deal with a Wednesday special, but it is a good deal for anyone that waited too long to book early.

I never got an email from them. After reading this thread, I called them to find out more about it. I found out that the room cost for when I am booked, with the $1000 credit applied, would be about $200 more total for my 9 night trip. It is definitely a very good price, unfortunately, the airfare costs have gone up drastically from when I actually booked, so we would end up spending almost $1000 more in airfare, plus the $200 extra for the rooms. It is a great deal for any that haven't booked yet, but I am definitely glad we got the Wednesday deal we did!

90 days 45 minutes until we will be landing in Jamaica!!!!!