Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sharing a funny bus story

So we get to Jamaica without any problems, in fact the flight is on time and we sail through customs, etc. Get to the Couples Lounge and you all know how wonderful that feeling is. Anyway, my husband orders a Red Stripe and we relax while waiting to board the bus. Since we had gotten to the Lounge so quickly, he was able to have a second Red Stripe. Okay, so now we're on the bus and on our way to Negril. About half way through Montego Bay we hit traffic like nobody's business. I mean it was bumper to bumper gridlocked traffic. We maybe moved a couple blocks in an hour!!! Worse traffic I've seen. Anyway, hubby leans over to me and says he's got to use the bathroom. Those Red Stripes are catching up with him. I look around the bus, but of course, no bathroom in here. I whisper back – just think of something else – there's no bathroom on this bus. After a couple minutes, he walks up to the driver and asks him to let him off the bus and explains why. He heads off for a Burger King as I helplessly watch from the bus. About that time, the traffic magically starts to move – not fast, but move none the less. We go about two more blocks – away from the Burger King and I start to panic and wonder if I'll be spending the next week in paradise alone. About the time I was going to ask the driver if he was really going to leave without my husband, he appears and makes a mad dash for the bus, gets on and all is well. Morale of the story: it might be wise to wait for those Red Stripes until you actually arrive at the resort. I know that's what hubby plans to do in three weeks when we return to our beloved Swept Away.

Perfect!!
    PAPA SMOKE

experience riders always keep a spare empty for just an occasion....

Ha ha! Cute story.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richie

No red stripes for me at the airport! Beer goes right through me!!!! :P

The same thing happened to my fiance last year while on our way to CN. He drank a few Red Stripes in the couples lounge and halfway through the trip he had to go. I told him to try to hold it but he got up and asked the driver to pull over and went right on the side of the road behind some bushes. I was mortified.....

That is so funny, my DH and I experienced the same thing only he had to use the restroom and we were the only ones on the bus, so he asked the driver to stop and the driver asked him if I had to use the restroom too, and my husband told him no, so he literally pulled over on the side of the rode and said, "There you go, Mon" I laughed the rest of the way to the resort!!!
    Kristen

On our return trip to the airport a man on the bus asked the driver to pull over because his wife was sick. The driver pulled over quickly and his wife got off and ran behind the bus. When she reentered the bus her husband announced that his wife was experiencing morning sickness. There was a round of applause and congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyNEddie View Post
    The same thing happened to my fiance last year while on our way to CN. He drank a few Red Stripes in the couples lounge and halfway through the trip he had to go. I told him to try to hold it but he got up and asked the driver to pull over and went right on the side of the road behind some bushes. I was mortified.....
    now we know who to blame for peeing in the pool....tsk tsk ....

Great, funny story and sage advice at the same time. This is something I'll definitely remember, especially considering my kidneys and bladder function at microprocessor speeds.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

on one of our trips to CN there were 6 couples on the bus. We made our pit stop and loaded up with red stripes for all. A few minutes later, some one asked the bus driver if he could SMOKE! Then all the windows came down and looked like a CHEECH & CHONG bus!!! Best bus ride ever to CN!!!

not so funny,, inconsiderate of the other passengers don't you think??? i realize its vacation but how about the others that have to wait while you pee because you didn't think in advance of the ride ahead. we also had a couple that drank too many in the couples lounge at the airport and had to keep asking to stop and pee was annoying to the rest of us... Every time we stopped they came out with another beer.... JERKS

I live in a house of boys: DH, 2 sons, and let me tell you... there has been MANY a time that I envy their ability to pull off to the side of the road and find a bush. I always end up peeing on my foot. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithl1028 View Post
    not so funny,, inconsiderate of the other passengers don't you think??? i realize its vacation but how about the others that have to wait while you pee because you didn't think in advance of the ride ahead. we also had a couple that drank too many in the couples lounge at the airport and had to keep asking to stop and pee was annoying to the rest of us... Every time we stopped they came out with another beer.... JERKS
    wow look at all the love LOL ... next time why not take a private xfer ... granted we all want to get to the resort as soon as possible but show a lil love it is the peeing peoples's holiday too
    When they asked to stop did you stand up and say NO and sit back down? lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    I live in a house of boys: DH, 2 sons, and let me tell you... there has been MANY a time that I envy their ability to pull off to the side of the road and find a bush. I always end up peeing on my foot. LOL.
    NICE hopefully you were wearing a pair of fuscia crocs remember crocs arent just for wearing to feathers anymore lol...

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    wow look at all the love LOL ... next time why not take a private xfer ... granted we all want to get to the resort as soon as possible but show a lil love it is the peeing peoples's holiday too
    This.

What if they had a medical condition, for crying out loud? Would they still be jerks for slowing you down 20mins?

Jamaica time: Learn it, accept it, live it , love it.

Major Alert Major Alert!!! It's the pee-pee police!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post

it was excessive...end of story

Actually Smith he did use the bathroom before we left the airport. I'm glad you have bladder of steel but sometimes when you gotta go theres nothing you can do. The other passengers had no problem with the 1 minute stop.

You all seem to miss the point. It was getting back on the bus with another beer. Thanks all for attacking me.

OMG! This is the funniest thread I have read over the past year or so! lol I thought the CN Sept group was great but man all you guys should get together...Hope I didn't pee pee in anyone's coke by writing this! lol

WOOHOO LIFE IS GOOD....SEE YOU CN IN ONE WEEK!!! WOOHOO!!!
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Being a hemodialysis nurse, all I can say is be happy you can pee or you have to see someone like me that sticks 2 big needles in your arm 3 times a week. I hate to sound so serious, but I'm sure we can find another wonderful topic to talk about.
    From an RN that says let nature take it's course. Respect to all.

You all seem to miss the point. It was getting back on the bus with another beer. Thanks all for attacking me.
    Maybe he had to pee AND was thirsty. Surely this is possible...

You're right getting back on the bus with "only" one more beer is offensive, but that all "Depends" on your perspective...maybe he had to see a man about a horse or maybe he's a writer and was going to write a follow up to the classic "Yellow River" by I.P Dailey or maybe he was researching an archaeological dig with Dr. Leaky. How many times did you actually stop? What mile markers so I can ask the driver to stop for a cold one...78 Days 'til Rum Cream, All I Want. (Easier on the bladder than Red Stripe)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast