Default Anyone Done Night Snorkeling?

We will be at CSA in July for our second trip to Jamaica, and my hubby is interested in doing the night snorkeling which is featured on the Couples website for an additional cost. If anyone has done night snorkeling would you recommend it? We were thinking of doing the horseback ride and swim excursion also. Any other recommendations for worthwhile excursions close to CSA? any suggestions and tips would be appreciated. The first time we went to Jamaica we were not brave enough to leave the resort, because we were not sure how safe it was out there.

Do the night snorkel!! It is really cool to see different sea life at night. We were lucky enough to see a sea turtle. Well worth the extra cost.
    CTI- December 2010
    CN- December 2013

@FerChitsNGiggles ..... Thanks

we did this last year- my wife was scared to death- but she too enjoyed it very much. If my memory is correct, they dont offer it every nite, but wait until they have several couples- so i would check with the water sports shack, and get on the list early-and check back with them a couple times. While out on the trip-take time to look up at the sky- we were surrounded by thunderstorms, which was cool- and the stars are really amazing. You will tend to see things that you dont see during the day trips. mike

@Mike&Sylvia.... Thanks for the great tips.

Default Definitely Worth It

Quote Originally Posted by Mike&Sylvia View Post
    we did this last year- my wife was scared to death- but she too enjoyed it very much. If my memory is correct, they dont offer it every nite, but wait until they have several couples- so i would check with the water sports shack, and get on the list early-and check back with them a couple times. While out on the trip-take time to look up at the sky- we were surrounded by thunderstorms, which was cool- and the stars are really amazing. You will tend to see things that you dont see during the day trips. mike
    At first I was not thrilled with the night snorkel, as there didn't seem to be a lot to see.

Then a large eagle ray swam by almost directly beneath me. It seemed like I could reach out and touch it, but distances can be deceiving underwater.

The ray was either very close, very large, or both. I found myself trying to get out of its way.

There were ten or so people on the night snorkeling trip, but only my friend and I got to see the ray.

Haven't done the night snorkel, but have been scubadiving at night. There are totally different critters out at night. It's interesting and worth doing at least once. We also have done the YS falls, black river, Appleton tour - that was great, the falls are beautiful, the black river was an adventure and Appleton was interesting and you get to try the different rums. We also went to Ricks which we enjoyed a drink and watching the cliff divers. Margarittaville - touristy but we had fun, and the bus ride there was an adventure!!! And we took a taxi to Rose Hall Plantation House, was an interesting tour and stop for Jerk Chicken at a roadside stand on the way back. We love to adventure and get out there!! Have a great trip