Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default The Official Pass the Torch Thread -- PLEASE READ if you have a trip coming up soon!!

First and most importantly this is meant to establish a fun and hopefully lasting tradition for the meetup threads at CSA!!!!!

Meet Torch. In this picture he is enjoying the view from our balcony verandah of our Atrium suite (2222)

Torch was acquired by Dentalgal and her Awesome Boyfriend (Angela and Terry) on their trip to CSA the last week of November 2012. They were leaving the morning of Dec 1 and we were arriving on Nov 30th. Since we knew each other from our 2011 trips I made a comment in the Dec 2012 meetup thread that we would be at CSA to take the torch from the November people and pass it on to those on the December meet up thread. Well, Angela being the smart girl she is decided that the "torch" should be real and a physical object that we can pass from one group to the next as we visit CSA. Hence our new little buddy, Torch!

Here is torch enjoying a beef pattie:

The idea is that we use the CSA meet up threads to arrange the passing of "the Torch" from one couple to another each week, and see how long we can keep this going. If you are lucky enough to hold the torch please share his company with everyone who would like to visit him. Most importantly though, try to set up and complete a clean pass off to the next group!!

A few suggested ground rules. These are definitely open for discussion.

• Torch should never be a burden. If having the Torch will interfere at all with your vacation please do not ask for him, or offer to have him visit you.
    • Please respect the Torch. Don't abuse him, or glue or staple stuff to him. Our hope is that he will be around for decades!!!
    • If you have been responsible for holding the Torch, even for just a few hours, feel free to use the title "CSA Torch Holder" in your CMB signature.
    • Do not photograph Torch doing things that are illegal, that violates Couples Resorts policies, or that violates the CMB rules.

A few things we have learned about Torch since we met him:

• He loves to have his picture taken. Especially with women. He fancies himself "a playa". He is also really a ham and loves to "photobomb" people. Please post Torch pics in this thread for all to see!
    • He loves the Martini Bar and the Aura Lounge. So much so you have to remember to get him to make him leave with you or else he will stay there all night.
    • Torch loves adventures. He also loves shenangigans. Keep it FUN though.
    • Torch does not like bad attitudes. Keep him away from those people.
    • Torch enjoys meeting new people as much as visiting with old friends.

We really hope this becomes a lasting and fun tradition. If it takes hold I will start a "Fans of the CSA Torch" Facebook page, and administer a Torch twitter feed for his pictures.

Let me know what y'all think!!!

Jeff ( & Marybeth ) AT CSA RIGHT NOW!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well, you certainly can pass the torch to me and Robert and our gang!!!! See you Saturday!

That's the plan lindenanne!

Angela & AB Terry, Jeff & MaryBeth, y'all have started something that is a great idea and will be a lot of fun. Looking forward to getting a picture with "Playa" Torch.

6 days and counting!!!!!

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Name:  P1030063.jpg
Views: 3423
Size:  89.4 KB

Hello everyone!!! We are Terry & Angela for those who don't know us. We came across Torch while he was basking in the sun in Negril near the Hi/Lo market. He could tell we were fun loving people and decided to come along with us. He is indeed a fun loving guy and very sociable!!!

Love it!!!!!

Name:  P1030064.jpg
Views: 3422
Size:  105.2 KB

Here we are passing Torch to his new friends. We are REALLY hoping to see him again when we return next November

Hilarious!

All,

I spoke to Ultimate Chocolate before we left CSA yesterday (Dec 9 2012) and he agreed to take possession of Torch and pass him to the next Couple if ever there is a situation where we just can't make it happen ourselves. I think he really liked the idea. Lindenanne has the torch now, and from what I understand, he is in for a really good time.

We will be at CSA from May 8-17. Would love to show Torch a good time!

The "Torch" has been passed. We didn't get to meet Robert & Lin but they magically teleported Torch to our verandah while we were at the beach party. Upon discovery, we took him to the beach party where he immediately tried to run off with a beautiful pirate wench. Pictures will be posted when we can retrieve them from our camera. To all future Torch holders-Beware, this guy is full of'mischief.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

Default We are the most recent Torch bearers...

Lin and Robert here....felt very honored to have received Torch on December 8th from Mary Beth, Jeff and the gang...and of course, we have to thank ANT, oops, Angela and Terry for starting this awesome new tradition. We had alot of fun with our friend Torch...
    I am having some issues uploading these amazing pics...give me one day or I'll have MaryBeth do it for us...we did just get back an hour ago so we are feeling a bit rough
    Last edited by lindenanne; December 16th, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

So, Torch was wondering why he was passed on to people that had to take so many meds with them on vacation....
    Attachment 18854

But then, it all got very interesting.....
    Attachment 18855
    My first sunset drink with the group....
    Then they put me to work as a lifeguard.....
    Attachment 18856
    Snorkeling was fun....
    Attachment 18857
    Attachment 18858

I jammed with the band....
    Name:  Torch in the band_1.JPG
Views: 3271
Size:  66.3 KB

Hung out at the martini bar....
    Name:  Torch at Martini Bar_1.JPG
Views: 3271
Size:  79.0 KB

Did most of my traveling in this cool bag....
    Name:  Torch in travel case_1.JPG
Views: 3262
Size:  58.3 KB

More pics to come later today......

We'll be arriving on Jan 7th if anyone want to pass the torch on to us.

Default More Torch!!!!!!

Ok - some pics didn't come through...let's try it again...

Name:  Torch with meds_1.JPG
Views: 3187
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  Torch with blow fish_1.JPG
Views: 3175
Size:  62.6 KB

more to come if this works!!!!

Miss you Torchy....

It looks like Torch is having a great time. Anyone know where he's at for Christmas? We hope he's having a wonderful time!!!!

This is awesome! I hope he makes an appearance while my husband and i are there in October (10/13-10/23). We will be there to celebrate our 20 yr anniversary and renew our vows! cant wait 293 days!!!!

Default He's alive and well

Quote Originally Posted by dentalgal View Post
    It looks like Torch is having a great time. Anyone know where he's at for Christmas? We hope he's having a wonderful time!!!!
    Hi- we got him from Chuck and Sharon (Philly) and had him over xmas, and passed him on to Phil and Donna (Dakota) just before New Year. We have some photos but are having problems trying to attach them ("file too large" messages) we will keep trying.
    Margaret & Martin aka the Brits

Margaret and Martin, we had the same problem - that's why I re-posted a couple of them - just went in to each photo and made them smaller. We had so much fun with Torch (or Torchy as we fondly called him) - we even let him spend the night with my brother in law - waiting for them to e-mail me the pics.

Let's see if we can add more pics from Torchy's fun with Lin and Robert (from Virginia) and the gang the week of December 8, 2012...

Name:  Torch on snorkel boat_1.JPG
Views: 3085
Size:  60.9 KB
    on the snorkel boat

Name:  Torch the lifeguard_1.JPG
Views: 3080
Size:  63.3 KB
    they put me to work as a lifeguard

Name:  Torch with sunset drink_1.JPG
Views: 3071
Size:  57.0 KB
    And a little sunset cocktail

As usual, more pics to come!!!!

I am so glad to see Torch is still out there having fun!

I understand the frustration uploading pictures as attachments. Its a tedious way to get photo's on here and I don't do it.

To get my photo's on here I use Google's Picassa service. I upload my photo's there and then link to the images in my posts. I'm sure you could do the same with Flickr and other online photo sites.

This works great since there is no waiting for attachments to be approved. Once the post is greenlighted, the pictures will be visible, and size will not

Default Torch Feb 11-16, 2013 Linda & Dicky for Valentine's Day

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    First and most importantly this is meant to establish a fun and hopefully lasting tradition for the meetup threads at CSA!!!!!

Meet Torch. In this picture he is enjoying the view from our balcony verandah of our Atrium suite (2222)

Torch was acquired by Dentalgal and her Awesome Boyfriend (Angela and Terry) on their trip to CSA the last week of November 2012. They were leaving the morning of Dec 1 and we were arriving on Nov 30th. Since we knew each other from our 2011 trips I made a comment in the Dec 2012 meetup thread that we would be at CSA to take the torch from the November people and pass it on to those on the December meet up thread. Well, Angela being the smart girl she is decided that the "torch" should be real and a physical object that we can pass from one group to the next as we visit CSA. Hence our new little buddy, Torch!

Here is torch enjoying a beef pattie:

The idea is that we use the CSA meet up threads to arrange the passing of "the Torch" from one couple to another each week, and see how long we can keep this going. If you are lucky enough to hold the torch please share his company with everyone who would like to visit him. Most importantly though, try to set up and complete a clean pass off to the next group!!

A few suggested ground rules. These are definitely open for discussion.

• Torch should never be a burden. If having the Torch will interfere at all with your vacation please do not ask for him, or offer to have him visit you.
    • Please respect the Torch. Don't abuse him, or glue or staple stuff to him. Our hope is that he will be around for decades!!!
    • If you have been responsible for holding the Torch, even for just a few hours, feel free to use the title "CSA Torch Holder" in your CMB signature.
    • Do not photograph Torch doing things that are illegal, that violates Couples Resorts policies, or that violates the CMB rules.

A few things we have learned about Torch since we met him:

• He loves to have his picture taken. Especially with women. He fancies himself "a playa". He is also really a ham and loves to "photobomb" people. Please post Torch pics in this thread for all to see!
    • He loves the Martini Bar and the Aura Lounge. So much so you have to remember to get him to make him leave with you or else he will stay there all night.
    • Torch loves adventures. He also loves shenangigans. Keep it FUN though.
    • Torch does not like bad attitudes. Keep him away from those people.
    • Torch enjoys meeting new people as much as visiting with old friends.

We really hope this becomes a lasting and fun tradition. If it takes hold I will start a "Fans of the CSA Torch" Facebook page, and administer a Torch twitter feed for his pictures.

Let me know what y'all think!!!

Jeff ( & Marybeth ) AT CSA RIGHT NOW!!!!
    Hi! Could we host Torch from Feb 11-16, 2013? We will be at CSA for Valentine's Day & Will take Torch everywhere! Thanks!
    Linda and Dicky from Alabama

Wow I love how much fun Torch is having!!! I use photobucket for posting pictures on here. You upload your pic to there, copy the link then use the insert image icon here to post the link.

FastDave...........its almost time!!!!!

We will be at CSA from feb 24 through mar 1, 13 and would love to have Torch join us

Default Here he is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret & Martin View Post
    Hi- we got him from Chuck and Sharon (Philly) and had him over xmas, and passed him on to Phil and Donna (Dakota) just before New Year. We have some photos but are having problems trying to attach them ("file too large" messages) we will keep trying.
    Margaret & Martin aka the Brits
    Here he is enjoying christmas with a few friends he met on the beach.
    Lots of love to all and happy new year
    M&M
    xxx
    Name:  P1010182.JPG
Views: 3066
Size:  251.0 KBName:  P1010184.JPG
Views: 3041
Size:  234.5 KBName:  P1010249.JPG
Views: 3046
Size:  261.3 KB

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast