Default No idea which resort to choose!

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, or where to post, so I apologize in advance!

My husband and I are 32 and 30, we got married at 18, went to college, had our kids, and never had a honeymoon. We've finally decided (after 12 years, ha!) to take a very much belated honeymoon. We have heard great things about Couples so we have settled on choosing this chain; however, all of the resorts look so fabulous, we are not sure which one to choose.

Some backround: I'm graduating with my masters in May, we are looking to travel in early June. We both work ridiculous amounts and have young children, so we are just looking to relax. We're definitely not into a wild party scene, but do not want a resort that would be dead, either. We're very sociable and enjoy meeting new people as well. With young kids I don't think we have stayed up past ten or slept past five am in a few years, ha. It would be fun to get off the resort property and do some touristy type things and shopping as well. We're pretty active.

Which one would you recommend? Thanks so much!

I would recommend CTI or CSS by the disciptions that you described above.

Quote Originally Posted by JennC View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted before, or where to post, so I apologize in advance!

My husband and I are 32 and 30, we got married at 18, went to college, had our kids, and never had a honeymoon. We've finally decided (after 12 years, ha!) to take a very much belated honeymoon. We have heard great things about Couples so we have settled on choosing this chain; however, all of the resorts look so fabulous, we are not sure which one to choose.

Some backround: I'm graduating with my masters in May, we are looking to travel in early June. We both work ridiculous amounts and have young children, so we are just looking to relax. We're definitely not into a wild party scene, but do not want a resort that would be dead, either. We're very sociable and enjoy meeting new people as well. With young kids I don't think we have stayed up past ten or slept past five am in a few years, ha. It would be fun to get off the resort property and do some touristy type things and shopping as well. We're pretty active.

Which one would you recommend? Thanks so much!
    I can only comment on the 2 we have been to. CSS and CN. While we loved them both, they are a little different in their on ways. Age ranges at both are about them same. From early twenty's on up. Rooms we stayed in were very comparable at each resort.

CSS - seems more romantic and tranquil to us. The beach is small, but activities, pools, bars, etc were generous. There is a lot of stairs here, but you get used to them. Restaurants were great. Resort seems smaller and is very beautiful. No beach vendors other than what was allowed to setup near the beach by the resort. No road noise, forgotten there was anything around us except the resort. We did off resort excursions here, but vowed never again. Not that they are bad, but the fact they will leave and return at designated times, usually taking up most of a day away from the awesome resort. Upon return home, felt so relaxed and rejuvenated. This was our 1st couples experience in July 2008.

CN - Much bigger beach and the water was awesome. Not that it is terrible at CSS, but it was better. Things here are a little more spread out it seemed. Restaurants were great. Did not care for all the beach vendors walking up and down the beach, but got used to it. Depending on the room you get, there is some road noise from the main road in front of the resort. Did not seem as lush and tropical, but still very beautiful and nicely kept. 2nd Couples trip July 2012.

I guess if I were heading back tomorrow I would ask myself what was most important to me this trip. An awesome beach with water and good times to relax or a more intimate/romantic time. For beach lovers, I would say CN. For a more romantic/intimate time I would go to CSS.
    Kenney

All four properties will be exactly what you need. Just look carefully at each one and one will call to you.

As you probably have read, all these resorts are wonderful. We went last year for the 1st time under the SR deal to CTI. We had a fantastic time. We could easily go back with no problem but decided this year to see what Negril is like. Did not think we would go to the island 2 years in a row, but life is short. It is the ultimate adult "summer camp". You sure get spoiled. Just go thru the web site and see what you like. Food and visuals were fantastic at CTI. Good luck & have fun wherever you go.

Hi JennC,

That is the biggest problem for most who visit Couples for the first time. You'll have many give their opinion as to which is best. The trick is finding out which is best for you. To do this we recommend reading up on each resort, looking at pictures and seeing which is the best fit.

Here's a little info on each:
    - CTI is a smaller resort that's comfy/cozy. Being that you've listed yourself as "pretty active" this resort may be a little confining...though that also makes it good for meeting people.
    - CSS has more room to roam and is built on cliffs so there's stairs to climb. It is very relaxing and offers an awesome Starlight Gala each Friday. It isn't the most lively resort but certainly doesn't rate being called "dead".
    - CN's beach is very nice with calm, clear water and also sports a pool that is the center of the resort. There's usually a volleyball game going twice a day and the sunsets are awesome.
    - CSA is a large resort with a nice beach also. There is plenty of room to roam along the beach with small shops nearby to visit. It has a large sports complex for those very active (fitness) types. It also has a nice disco/night club to visit in the evenings.

All Couples Resorts are great and no matter which resort you choose you can be sure your visit will be great. Hopefully this has given you something to begin working with. Enjoy whichever resort you find yourself visiting!

Bart & Bug

The one that speaks to you the most! CSS did and we have been twice. We went to CN and really enjoyed it. It has better beaches and is nicely laid out. HOWEVER, it is on a public beach so you will get more local entertainment and people walking the beaches since there are other resorts on that beautiful soft sand and gorgeous water. We upgraded to a suite overlooking the au natural beach, and while we didn't go during the day, the jacuzzi there was lovely. I didn't use the pool there as it was packed during the day. That said My hubby and I arent really social butterflies.
    CSS suits us. Its way more laid back, lots of nooks to find and we can socialize or not. We have met many awesome friends at both places and really love the beaches there, just know that CSS is a man made cove, the beach at CN has soft sand. but beach butlers at both! I have reviewed both on tripadvisor. you can find keki60 there.

I agree that you really can't go wrong with any of them. Relax and enjoy yourselves - you deserve to have the honeymoon of your dreams - and you will if you go with the right attitude - which is simply to focus on each other and enjoy your time on the island. Spend some time shifting through the pictures/reviews and go with the one that seems the most right to you. We all have our favorites, but, I am sure that you won't be disappointed at any of them.

Thank you all very much for your thoughtful replies, we appreciate it!

if you want the best beach. csa for sure!

I've only been to CTI, about to take my 2nd trip in 11 days. I would recommend CTI!! Its very laid back, but everyone is so friendly. It's not a party atmosphere, but you can make the trip whatever you want it to be. I've heard they are all amazing, so Im sure whichever one you pick you'll be happy with. You can't go wrong with Couples.

Choose the one that speaks to you. The beach is a priority for us so, naturally our preference would be Negril. Headed to CSA around the time you are looking to go, 4-13 June 2013...only 179 days Been to CN absolutely amazing place, will definitely go back, just wanted to be on the main stretch of beach this time. At some point we'll make our way to CTI or CSS, for now Negril has our hearts.

Happy hunting, just remember the hardest part is done...you picked Couples, so where ever you end up, you will have an awesome time!

I think we are leaning towards Couples Negril or Swept Away, we looked at some of the pictures and the activities and such. San Souci looks great, but the beach at CN just seems amazing...but Swept Away has that amazing fitness facility (we work out a lot). Progress! We do need to book within the next week for christmas, so I will have made a decision by then.

JennC,

Having been to all four, I can honestly say that you will have a relaxing and romantic time no matter where you go. Seeing how you are leaning toward either CN or CSA, I am guessing you are "beach people" (we are too). The beaches at both are fabulous, and are great for taking romantic strolls (although there are vendors present on both). As you mentioned, the workout facilities at CSA are incredible (absolutely the BEST on the whole island)! You should note, however, that the gym at CSA is open air, while the others are indoors. This is not such a problem if you like to get your workouts done in the early am, but can be rather miserable if you go midday. I recommend heading over to YouTube to view some videos of each of the resorts. It may give you an even better idea of which you would prefer.

Oh, and you probably won't fall out of your early-to-rise, early-to-bed routine (we don't, anyway). Just go with it!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

If you work out a lot, then CSA is for you!

I think the best advice is already posted and that is to do what you ate already doing, see what everyone has to say, watch the videos and see which one calls to you. Your heart will seem to prefer one of them. They are all excellent, each has its owns fans who think it is the perfect one because there is a slightly different feel at each. For long walks on the beach, it is CSA or CN, but there are fewer rooms with a nice view of the water. For nicer views and a totally private beach, no vendor hassling ever, a more intimate feel it is CSS or CTI. None of them is dead, all have some nightlife. For my input, if you really want to be spoiled and pampered by the staff, Tower Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by aurxdoc05 View Post
    JennC,

Having been to all four, I can honestly say that you will have a relaxing and romantic time no matter where you go. Seeing how you are leaning toward either CN or CSA, I am guessing you are "beach people" (we are too). The beaches at both are fabulous, and are great for taking romantic strolls (although there are vendors present on both). As you mentioned, the workout facilities at CSA are incredible (absolutely the BEST on the whole island)! You should note, however, that the gym at CSA is open air, while the others are indoors. This is not such a problem if you like to get your workouts done in the early am, but can be rather miserable if you go midday. I recommend heading over to YouTube to view some videos of each of the resorts. It may give you an even better idea of which you would prefer.

Oh, and you probably won't fall out of your early-to-rise, early-to-bed routine (we don't, anyway). Just go with it!
    Ha. I am guessing we won't fall out of the routine. I wake up early no matter what, but a girl can dream, right? I am fine with the outdoor facilities, I do hot yoga all the time. So that's okay.

Ok. After going back and forth, I think we are going with Swept Away. And then we will try Negril over Christmas Anyway, @hurraybeer, it looks like we will be at SA at the same time.

GREAT CHOICE! CSA is AMAZING... Welcome to the Couples Family....

Sans Souci! Sans Souci! That's my vote! We love it there! Very relaxing but you can do lots of stuff if you want to. Check our our latest stay on my blog and be sure to watch the Youtube video to see the grounds: Tiny Tim's Cigar World!: Couples Sans Souci Resort; 2012
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

JennC,
    We'll look forward to having a beverage with you all! Check out the "June 2013" thread on the meet up at Couples Swept Away board, if you have additional questions those folks may be able to help as well, you can also at least "electronically" meet some of the folks who will be there at the same time.