Default Superior vs Deluxe Oceanview

Hi Folks,

We've already enjoyed Couples Negril in 2011 and are going to CTI in April 2013 and were wondering if it worth our while to spend the extra $40.00 for the week to upgrade our room from a Superior Oceanview to a Deluxe Oceanview w/our agent? I studied some threads about it, but they are a couple years old. Are the Deluxe rooms newer and better refurbished or is the only difference the vew and location?

Any info would be appreciated.

Chris and Lesley Wood
    New Brunswick Canada.

I personally think that the upgrade to the Premiere Oceanview is well worth the cost. You get a much larger closet in that category. It is a walk-in. I don't think that there is much of difference between the Superior and the Deluxe, other than location.

I beleive the only difference is the view

Hi Chris & Lesley,

The difference between the Superior and Deluxe Oceanview is location. The Deluxe are in building 5 so they are further from the lobby area than the Superior which are in buildings 4 and, I believe, 3 (though nothing is really "far" at CTI). Rooms in Bldg. 5 face west where those in Bldg. 3 & 4 face north. What this means is that those in Bldg. 3 & 4 have a better view of the ocean and Tower Isle. Bldg. 5 faces the resort next door with a partial view of the ocean. On our last visit to CTI we stayed in the Deluxe and loved it as we were able to hear the waves breaking along the wall between the two resorts. All rooms at CTI, regardless of category, are equally "new" as the resort was completely redone before being re-opened in 2009 and also well furnished. Bear in mind that there is hardly any place on the resort to see a sunset, except the end of the pier, so a west-facing room might give that advantage. It really comes down to personal preference and whether it's worth it to you to spend the extra $40.

Hope this helps and you enjoy your trip to CTI,

Bart & Bug

I would also like to know the answer to this question!!

The only difference is the view. The superior rooms are in building 5 and face a cove. They are the same rooms that are in building 4 that face the ocean, but may have a palm tree blocking your view. There are also deluxe oceanview rooms in Building 1. These rooms are much smaller, but they look out to the island and the main beach. We really liked our room in Building 1. There are only 5 or 6 rooms on each floor and there are only two floors. So no foot traffic. We were on the 2nd floor and when we looked down, we only saw vegetation and water even though it is right over the walkway to Bayside.
    Vicky

Thank you!!!

Thank you everyone. We decided to spend the extra $40.00/PP total for the week and upgrade. I just hope the upgrade goes through as that is something that is always at risk of being messed up by the travel company and not the hotel..

Can't wait! We arrive on April 25th.