Some honest thoughts about AN sunbathing and hanging out for the first time...

Last year, my fiance and I vacationed at beautiful CN. Leading up to the trip, my fiance and I had discussed the possibility of hanging out at the AN beach. This terrified me... Absolutely terrified me....

Let me back up for a moment and give you some background info. Im male. Yep, A guy... My fiance had tried AN sunbathing before, and really enjoyed it. I had never tried it. I certainly wouldn’t think of myself as a prude at all. In fact, I describe myself the opposite. Between playing sports in HS and playing in rock bands, I had been around plenty of naked people, and was comfortable being naked myself. however, now being in my 40’s, the thought of being naked on beach with other naked “strangers” petrified me.

Before we left for vacation, she asked if I would give it a try. Letting me know that if I didn’t like it, or if I felt uncomfortable, we would leave and go hang out in the “textile” area. I, of course, said “yes”.

So there we were, on vacation, getting ready to go to the AN area for our first time together. My mind was racing! How do I gracefully get undressed and sit on the lounge chair? How do I not make eye contact with others “private” areas? What kind of conversation do you have while waiting naked for a drink? Then when I see these people later, when we are clothed, what the heck do I say? And how in the blazes do I re apply sunscreen to one of my favorite body parts without looking like a total pervert? Yes, I was over thinking it. But, I couldn’t help it. I was freaked out. And on top of that, I was freaking out that I was probably the only person that had these thoughts, and that no one else had any issue, and for them it was no big deal at all... My insecurities were running wild...

It was a beautiful day in Negril, and we were walking to the AN area. Scared out of my mind, she asked me, “are you ok?”. At this time, Let me say that it was her kindness, and patience, that made me feel comfortable enough to try this. I cant remember my response, but I do remember arriving at the AN beach.

There we were, and there they were. Naked people being all naked. Talking, sunbathing, laughing.... all naked. I was nervous. When do I take off my clothes? Am I allowed to find a lounge chair first? Can I get a drink first? So, there we are, standing at the entrance to the beach and what do I do? I strip down naked, right there, on the path. I didn’t find a chair first, I didn’t grab a drink at the bar that was maybe 10 feet in front of me. I just stripped down. My fiance was kind enough to follow suit as to not let me feel totally foolish. So we walked to a couple of lounge chairs that were not in the middle of the action, but also not so far away so that we were segregated...

I was nervous, there was no way I was going to the bar to get us drinks. Typically this is something I would do. I enjoy doing it. Bringing my beloved a drink as she lays out and enjoys our vacation. But not today. I was glued to that chair. Scared, nervous, glued... She was a trooper, she got us a couple of drinks, and then a couple more. I started relaxing, I got “out of my head”. I started enjoying how I felt. Naked. I was getting more at ease. The afternoon was great. The people were great. Everyone enjoying their vacation. No one ever said or did anything that made me feel strange or uncomfortable. I never left the chair except to use the rest room. I stayed glued to the chair. Nervous and a little insecure, but feeling better as the day went on. I was very happy to have tried it.

Perhaps for most, going to the AN area was never a big deal. Maybe there was no insecurities or concerns. But, for me, there was. I thought maybe by reading my experience, it might put somebody with similar fears at ease enough to give the AN area a chance.

We went back to the AN area many times that trip. I eventually left my chair. I got drinks for us. We went in the hot tub and the ocean. I even started a few conversations at the bar. I ended up really enjoying the AN area. I am very grateful that I had such a wonderful and patient woman to share such a great experience...

This year we are vacationing at CTI.

Yep, we’ll be spending some time on the Island...

Thank you for reading and allowing me to share.

Happy vacationing