Default First timers experience (long)

Some honest thoughts about AN sunbathing and hanging out for the first time...

Last year, my fiance and I vacationed at beautiful CN. Leading up to the trip, my fiance and I had discussed the possibility of hanging out at the AN beach. This terrified me... Absolutely terrified me....

Let me back up for a moment and give you some background info. Im male. Yep, A guy... My fiance had tried AN sunbathing before, and really enjoyed it. I had never tried it. I certainly wouldn’t think of myself as a prude at all. In fact, I describe myself the opposite. Between playing sports in HS and playing in rock bands, I had been around plenty of naked people, and was comfortable being naked myself. however, now being in my 40’s, the thought of being naked on beach with other naked “strangers” petrified me.

Before we left for vacation, she asked if I would give it a try. Letting me know that if I didn’t like it, or if I felt uncomfortable, we would leave and go hang out in the “textile” area. I, of course, said “yes”.

So there we were, on vacation, getting ready to go to the AN area for our first time together. My mind was racing! How do I gracefully get undressed and sit on the lounge chair? How do I not make eye contact with others “private” areas? What kind of conversation do you have while waiting naked for a drink? Then when I see these people later, when we are clothed, what the heck do I say? And how in the blazes do I re apply sunscreen to one of my favorite body parts without looking like a total pervert? Yes, I was over thinking it. But, I couldn’t help it. I was freaked out. And on top of that, I was freaking out that I was probably the only person that had these thoughts, and that no one else had any issue, and for them it was no big deal at all... My insecurities were running wild...

It was a beautiful day in Negril, and we were walking to the AN area. Scared out of my mind, she asked me, “are you ok?”. At this time, Let me say that it was her kindness, and patience, that made me feel comfortable enough to try this. I cant remember my response, but I do remember arriving at the AN beach.

There we were, and there they were. Naked people being all naked. Talking, sunbathing, laughing.... all naked. I was nervous. When do I take off my clothes? Am I allowed to find a lounge chair first? Can I get a drink first? So, there we are, standing at the entrance to the beach and what do I do? I strip down naked, right there, on the path. I didn’t find a chair first, I didn’t grab a drink at the bar that was maybe 10 feet in front of me. I just stripped down. My fiance was kind enough to follow suit as to not let me feel totally foolish. So we walked to a couple of lounge chairs that were not in the middle of the action, but also not so far away so that we were segregated...

I was nervous, there was no way I was going to the bar to get us drinks. Typically this is something I would do. I enjoy doing it. Bringing my beloved a drink as she lays out and enjoys our vacation. But not today. I was glued to that chair. Scared, nervous, glued... She was a trooper, she got us a couple of drinks, and then a couple more. I started relaxing, I got “out of my head”. I started enjoying how I felt. Naked. I was getting more at ease. The afternoon was great. The people were great. Everyone enjoying their vacation. No one ever said or did anything that made me feel strange or uncomfortable. I never left the chair except to use the rest room. I stayed glued to the chair. Nervous and a little insecure, but feeling better as the day went on. I was very happy to have tried it.

Perhaps for most, going to the AN area was never a big deal. Maybe there was no insecurities or concerns. But, for me, there was. I thought maybe by reading my experience, it might put somebody with similar fears at ease enough to give the AN area a chance.

We went back to the AN area many times that trip. I eventually left my chair. I got drinks for us. We went in the hot tub and the ocean. I even started a few conversations at the bar. I ended up really enjoying the AN area. I am very grateful that I had such a wonderful and patient woman to share such a great experience...

This year we are vacationing at CTI.

Yep, we’ll be spending some time on the Island...

Thank you for reading and allowing me to share.

Happy vacationing
    -Annaleis & Neil (It should be 2cats2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkangelsandprettyfreaks.com

Rock on, Neil!!

You guys are going to love Tower Isle. The only thing that sucks is when 5 p.m. rolls around!!

So glad you tried it... and liked it. Many have shared your same fears and concerns, and like you, will return time after time.
    I think you and your fiance will enjoy the island. First boat leaves at 9 a.m.!

Thanks for sharing your experience and for being so candid! I'm sure that when others who are feeling uncertain about the A/N experience read your post, they will feel encouraged. Congrats to you for being open enough to try it. Your GF sounds like a special person, too.

Great review there! Perhaps you would be so kind as to copy and paste it into the 'feedback after your vacation' thread a little further down the page here in the AN section. Your feedback/review will undoubtedly be helpful to many who are in the same frame of mind as you were when you first arrived at Couples. I loved the fact that your SO was keen and managed to hold your hand through the experience as it is so often the other way around.

It really is great isn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Great review there! Perhaps you would be so kind as to copy and paste it into the 'feedback after your vacation' thread a little further down the page here in the AN section. Your feedback/review will undoubtedly be helpful to many who are in the same frame of mind as you were when you first arrived at Couples. I loved the fact that your SO was keen and managed to hold your hand through the experience as it is so often the other way around.

It really is great isn't it!
    Sounds great! Ill do that now..

Yes, She made it very easy for me to feel comfortable and take the time I needed to really relax and enjoy it...
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod

Great Review, thanks for sharing!

My wife and I just had our first AN experience at CTI in January and your write up almost exactly sums it up for us. We were both a little nervous about it, but once I dropped my shorts, I was fine. But for her, it took some time, She covered up when she went to restroom and bar and was nervous about talking with people. For me however, I was letting it all hang out and had no problem at all. I also have to mention, we not in the best shape. I think she's gorgeous, but we're both on the heavy side, not obese, but definitely some extra lbs. So that played into our insecurities. And being a heavy set guy who's never been all to comfortable taking my shirt off at the beach, I was amazed with how quickly I become comfortable having it all off! I think the fact that EVERYONE was completely nude helped.
    So.... After a few hours on the island and I made a couple naked trips to the bar I asked her to get us some drinks and prodded her not to cover up. 30 minutes later she comes walking back with my warm beer and stories of how many cool people were in the swim up bar and we should go hang out with them. All it took was one nude trip to the bar a conversation with some regulars and she was all in. Now we're hooked and can't stop day dreaming about our nude vacation.

That's awesome! I love the "warm beer" part!
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod

Good post. When will you be in the island? Because of its size and layout, it tends to be very social with more interaction among the visitors. If our travel dates cross, my wife and I would like to put, eh-hem, faces with the posting handle. GM

Funny that so many of our first experiences with AN are so similar. My first tactic was to slip in the pool at on Tower Isle as quickly as possible and drop behind one of the tables to hide. We had a couple of drinks and someone started talking to us and pretty soon we forgot all about it and were having a blast. Never looked back. Can't wait to get over to the island ASAP after we get there now and find the fun people as soon as we can. But I still remember that first time and recognize that fear when a newcomer joins.