Default Surprise him/babysitter questions:)

First off, I am debating on surprising my husband with a trip this summer. We were planning to return in 2013 but then plans changed. I became pregnant via IVF with my sister in law's baby. They cannot have kids and have tried for years so we thought we would offer and they accepted. I was pregnant as their surrogate and due 3/13/13 so our trip got cancelled. Unfortunately I delivered baby Kya Jane on 10/29 at just 20+4 weeks. She was with us for 45 minutes before she passed. We are all taking it extremely hard and I just feel like we need a get away, my sister in law and her hubby invited us to vegas over Christmas but my hsuband cannot get off of work. 1. should I surprise my hubby for our 8th year annivesary in June with a trip to CN? 2. the biggest thing is my sister in law and her husband are usually our babysitters when we go to couples. We have been to CSS and CSA. I am not sure they will be ready to babysit by then and I don't want to pressure them. We have some cousins that we would trust our kids with, they have 3 of their own. So what would the proper payment be for them to watch them for 8 days? Our kids will be 7, 5 and 2 by then. I don't want to offend them by offering something too low. My guess is they won't even accept payment, but I want to offer it anyway. Thanks, deb

You should definitely plan something and surprise your husband. It will lift your spirits and give you something to look forward to. As far as the babysitting....talk to your cousins and discuss payment. You can just tell them you have no clue what to pay and start the dialogue there. You could also let them know that you usually leave them with sis-in-law and that you didn't want to ask because of what has happened. Ask the cousin if they would mind not doing it if the sis-in-law says she really would like to take care of the kids. You never know. They may want the distraction and then you'll at least have an out with the cousins.

Good luck and I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

I am so very very sorry for your lose. I cannot image the heart ache you all must be experiencing right now.

I would most certainly surprise your hubby with a trip to CN in June. It is a beautiful time to go to Jamaica. Just make sure you get the Cancel for ANy reason Insurance just in case.

I have no idea how much to offer to watch the kids for 8 days. Maybe $500.00? Isn't daycare in the range of $200.00 a week per child?

Thank you Margi and Fluffin-around here I know my friend pays $25 per day per child. I never thought about just going off what a regular daycare cost would be. I just feel like we need something to look forward to and what could be better than CN?!?!?