Default Suggestions for Honeymoon!

Hi, everyone.

I realize there are a lot of threads like this, but I certainly would appreciate suggestions! My FI and I are looking to book our honeymoon this June. We think all of the Couples resorts look amazing, and we are having a hard time choosing.

I suffer from vertigo, so I thought maybe Sans Souci wouldn't be a good choice because it has so many staircases. If anyone has experience with CSS, I would love to hear what you think.

We are a laidback couple- we won't really be looking to party (but certainly enjoy some good drinks, yes!) We are looking for a place that offers fun activities, a nice beach, but also a romantic, secluded vibe when we wanted it. It seems like all the resorts can deliver on that, so we really don't know what to choose!

Our one thought was that we could maybe do 4 nights at one resort, and 4 at another. Do you think this is a good idea for a honeymoon, or is it better to just stay in one place?

Thanks so much!

CSA is my vote all day every day! They have the best beach of the 4 resorts, offer a variety of activities but also delivers on the laid back vibe!

CN is the best of the Couples resorts and has the best beach. It is much smaller and more intimate than CSA, but has the same inclusions, making the perfect honeymoon spot!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Going on our honeymoon in June too! Congrats! We're off to CSA on June 2. When's your big date?

Oddly, stairs were a decision-making factor here too...

As far as moving around or staying in one spot... everyone keeps telling me something along the lines of "After gearing up for the emotional roller coaster of the wedding, losing sleep due how long events during the wedding week can run, etc... you're going to be exhausted by the time you actually make it to the beach and will just want to sleep for the first day or two." So, keep that in mind as it might be time for you to leave wherever you are before you've really gotten to experience it. I know I'm planning on sleeping the first day at least... we have a nighttime wedding on June 1st and then have to leave for the airport around 4 AM!

Good luck making your choice!

Surfhary20 and Wally can agree on one thing...Negril is the place to go if you want a nice beach (both nice). We are a CN couple. We like the smaller size of CN. I think the water sports might be a little more accessible at CN because it is on Bloody Bay - thus the water might be a little more calm (good for paddle board, kayak, catamaran, etc.). But as you will read over and over, you can't go wrong!

I can't tell you from experience which is best since I have never been, but my FI and I booked CN in mid June 2013 for our honeymoon! We are in our mid 20's, not looking for a party atmosphere but definitely a place that we can socialize when we want to. After reading these boards for what seemed like forever, CN was our choice. Good luck choosing!

We felt cramped on cn beach as it is deeper than csa's. Csas beach is much longer and seems much less crowded. We love to walk the beach at csa as you have about 5 miles to walk with bars and little shops. You can't do that at cn. Trip #5 to csa booked for April.

I gotta agree with soft. You can always find a secluded spot at Swept Away. There is also the option of going for a longer walk down the beach and seeing more of what is going on, on the beach of Negril. Don't even think of doing 4 and 4. Stay at one place and find out all the little stuff that you would never find if you left. You can see a place in 4 days, but you won't know it.

It makes me a little sad because Couples San Souci looks perfect! I adored the really romantic vibe of it. But it sounds like every resort is great! We are getting married on June 9th. :-) How long is your honeymoon? We are planning on going for the 12th to the 21st, or something like that.

Right now we are leaning towards CSA. The only think that made me pause is that I have read descriptions that say it is perfect for fitness buffs... which I am not. I am more into romantic vacations. I guess my question is, what is better about CTI than CSA?