Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Crazy Wife Survey

All right guys, how many of your wives (girlfriends) pack their suitcases 30 days prior to going on a trip to Couples.
    I got out of bed this morning & I'm tripping over suit cases. We don't leave for another 36 days.
    Yes, I'm very excited about going home. We'll be at CTI Jan 17-24. Then we'll be off to CSS for another 7 days. This a our 4th trip to Couples and every year its the same.
    Am I the only one with a nutty wife???????
    Scott

You are not the only one with an eager wife. Many of us bring the suitcases down to pack a lot earlier than 30 days. It just adds the excitement and anticipation. And if you have already had three other trips to Couples, you should know by now, it's never to early to pack.

I am with you scott. I have already moved our wash up stuff bags many times. Only reason clothes aren't packed is getting wrinkled.

Nope I am a nutty wife. 30 days out sounds about right. We still have 174 days and I was thinking of checking our luggage tags to see if they would make one more trip. Lol

Crazy wife? Heck I am hauling up suitcases from the basement at least a month out from our trip. We are just over six months away from our vacation and we are already buying clothes and accessories during the Christmas sales.

30 days is more than reasonable in my opinion. I think you wife is displaying great restraint in view of the occasion.

Have a great trip!

And don't forget anything.

guilty 47 to go

Quote Originally Posted by jeniper29 View Post
    All right guys, how many of your wives (girlfriends) pack their suitcases 30 days prior to going on a trip to Couples.
    I got out of bed this morning & I'm tripping over suit cases. We don't leave for another 36 days.
    Yes, I'm very excited about going home. We'll be at CTI Jan 17-24. Then we'll be off to CSS for another 7 days. This a our 4th trip to Couples and every year its the same.
    Am I the only one with a nutty wife???????
    Scott
    We arrive at CTI the day after you. I'm the crazy wife here. Clothes are on the bed waiting. Put them there after our trip to Key West early November. No point putting them away when they are going in the suitcase shortly. LOL. Won't pack until the day before we leave. Not sure when the crazy husband will pack his clubs. From now on the piles on the bed will just keep growing. I am so ready for this trip. Love, love, love January in Jamaica. My home away from home.

Carol and David.

Yes, all wives are crazy. Was that the question?

Sorry to upset everyone but my wife leaves everything until the morning we are leaving before packing!! That's us Brits for you!

My wife owns her own business. Every single year she decides she simply must do a mountain of work the last day before we leave and basically pulls an all nighter. This culminates in her coming into our bedroom two hours before we need to leave, turning on every light and making tons of noise. She never notices that I had been, until that point, peacefully sleeping. While she packs, and I do not sleep, she subjects me to a very intense interrogation about the exact details of what I have already packed, and then renders a verdict about whether I have gotten any of it right. Did I mention she's a former prosecutor? For the record, I never have gotten it right. I'm 0-5-1 in packing correctly according to her. She gave me the "tie" for our honeymoon.

So next time you think your wife is nuts for packing early..... REMEMBER THIS STORY, and thank your lucky stars.

not a lot of men appear to be doing the packing

Sorry both hubby and I pack the night before. In about an hour.

Our limit is 14 days out. My wife takes everything from our house anyway. I feel sorry for the poor guy that has to lug her suitcase up the stairs.

Life is good

Well, I'm glad to know that there is other ones out there LOL.
    Finally at the 30 day mark. Just celebrated my 51st B-day yesterday.
    Guess I'll have to support her need and put some stuff in the bags.
    Scott

We were on vacation once out West in the middle of Wyoming. We were driving down the interstate and we saw a creek that had a sign “crazy woman creek” I hit the brakes, backed up, and took a picture with my wife standing by the sign.

And, I'm still alive?????

Life is good

Yup, I´m a brit and I will be packing the day before we travel..... BUT all the clothes are chosen and hanging together in the wardrobe non wardrobe items are already in a separate drawer so I may fall into crazy wife category !!!

I am a crazy wife! We leave on Saturday and I started backing probably 2 months ago. I've already packed, repacked, and repacked again, plus it's all getting shuffled around for a 4th time tonight because I decided I need just a little bit bigger suitcase

My wife also waits until the last minute, to make sure she didn't forget anything.

We're both crazy... lol. We've been counting down for 300+ days when we booked and I had my husband pull out the suitcases a week ago. We arrive the 19th of January at CTI and I'm telling your wife what you said unless you buy everyone a drink!

If it's winter, I'll totally pack that early, because I won't be wearing those clothes on a regular basis when it's cold out! However, when we went to CSA for our Honeymoon in September, I couldn't pack until a few days prior because we were still going to the beach and wearing "summer / vacay" clothes.

Laura

298 days until we are back home at CSS. While I have put away our suitcases since returning in Oct., I did pack in some things that we only use at CSS. I even have a designated "CSS" suitcase so that I can have fun stuffing in little items all year long. So I guess you could argue that I'm always "getting ready" - nothing wrong with that!

I am the (soon to be) husband in this relationship. We are going to Jamaica in March 2013 for our weddingmoon. I started shopping for clothes this last February... and had all my clothes bought for the trip by mid June. We have both already been contemplating getting the suitcases out and getting at least some of the toiletries packed away. The only reason we aren't packing clothes yet is due to wrinkling, as someone else mentioned. But we do have most of our clothes set aside in the closet, so they can be grabbed and put in the suitcase with extreme efficiency when we are ready to pack. This will probably happen very shortly after the new year.

On a similar note, I also went and got my passport around March or April. Just to make sure I had it done and ready to go before we left.

So yeah.... not just crazy wives out there....

78 days 1 hour 28 minutes until touchdown in paradise!!

I have typically been a three week out packer but I like the idea of 30 days... which means I can start packing 2 days after Christmas!!! Yippee!!! Merry Christmas to me!!!
    Maine Girl

My wife packs and we start about a week before the trip getting what each of us want to take and stack it on a spare bed. I usually get what I have chosen and the night before she packs and checks that we have everything she thinks we are going to need.

I have a picture in the same spot, hahaha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast