Default First Timers to CN---Help

My beautiful wife and I will be going to CN for the first time June 14-21. Please give me some advice on a few things.

1. What is the typical attire at night.
    2. We will be celebrating her 50th bday and our 30th anniv while we are there, is there anything the resort typically does to celebrate it or is there something special we should ask for.
    3. I would like to do the candlelite dinner on the beach for her birthday, is it worth doing.

That's all I have for now. We are already counting down the days. Hope to meet you there.

Travis & Kelly

Dinner dress varies. Other than Otaheite (the fine dining restaurant), nice shorts and a top (non-tank top for guys) are acceptable. Many women wear slacks, a skirt or sundress for dinner but you can wear shorts, although I'd avoid jean shorts or anything that looks "ratty." I find that Lychee dress tends to be a bit more "formal" than Heliconia and Cassava but no specific level of formality is required.

Otaheite requires long pants (no jeans) and a collared shirt (polo shirt is ok) for men. Women wear everything from skirts, slacks, and sundresses to cocktail dresses. If you want to dress up, go for it. If you don't, nice clothing (no shorts) is fine.

As to the second question, I don't believe the resort does anything special for an anniversary -- nothing that I recall. However, you can do a vow renewal (very nice). And I'd recommend Otaheite for the special occasion.

We just returned from CN yesterday (and now I know why everyone says they're going home when they go). General rule for dinner varies with each restaurant. The Cassava Terrace and Heliconia Grill are a little more causal with shorts and sandals being the general rule. Lychee and Otaheite are more dressy. Lychee can still go in shorts but usually a nicer shirt (not a tshirt). For Otaheite not only long pants and collared shirts for guys but also closed toe shoes. It does not have to be dress shoes, though, just not sandals or sneakers.

We were there celebrating our 21st anniversary. We were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. I can't tell you about the private dinners.

ggo85 is right on! For your anniversary, you can let them know and you might find a pretty small cake delivered,,,,or if you want something special, you can plan something....like if you schedule the private dinner on her birthday, they can make it special for you. We have done the private dinner in the treehouse and it is incredible and totally worth it! You have a private server who comes to your room with a bottle of champagne and two glasses. He/She escourts you to your dinner and stays with you the entire time. There is music playing and he/she decorates the table so beautifully. Because we had ours in the treehouse, there were lighted candles on every step. So beautiful!!!

CONGRATS - check out Romance Concierge - can also do dinner in tree house which is very nice too - enjoy - we were wed at CN and celebrated our 5th with a vow renewal and worth the small price - regardless you can arrange surprise flowers etc - enjoy paradise - we are going home for our 10th anny end of April

Ive got a question about the vow renewal. Is there alot of prep time in doing this? Inother words, does it take up alot of time out of the day in rehearsal? Does the renewal itself take up alot of time? Thanks.

Thanks to all who have replied, really appreciate it. Planning on the private dinner. We have reserved a beachfront deluxe room, any suggestions on which one is best?

Travis & Kelly

I don't believe you can pick a specific room. And, it truly doesn't matter because your time in your room will be minimal....it's a place to shower and sleep.
    Tell your wife that it's always freezing in Lychee.....bbbrrrrrrr.......

Having just returned from an Oct 2012 I will bas my answers on what we saw while there

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue97 View Post
    My beautiful wife and I will be going to CN for the first time June 14-21. Please give me some advice on a few things.

1. What is the typical attire at night.
    My wife and I both enjoyed dressing for the evening. Usually linen trousers for me and a colored tropical shirt or linen shirt, while my wife wore tropical dresses. I would say the resort was split about 50/50 between couples who "dressed for the evening and those who stayed casual. Saw many women in shorts, capris and cocktail dresses and the gentlemen wearing shorts and tshirts to tropical shirts and pants... Wear whatever is comfortable for the both of you..

2. We will be celebrating her 50th bday and our 30th anniv while we are there, is there anything the resort typically does to celebrate it or is there something special we should ask for.
    We were celebrating a 28th anniversary and my wifes birthday. When we checked, we were asked if there was a special occasion, we annotated it on the check in and on my wifes birthday they delivered a bottle of champagne to the room with a nice note which was a very pleasant surprise

3. I would like to do the candlelite dinner on the beach for her birthday, is it worth doing.
    We did not experience the dinner on the beach but it looked very nice.

That's all I have for now. We are already counting down the days. Hope to meet you there.

Travis & Kelly
    CN, Oct 2012, CN May 2013, CN Dec 2013, Booked CN Dec 2014

You MUST do dinner in the Treehouse for something VERY special. We did it for our 40th anniversary and I can't explain how special it was. I think it was around $150 but it was well worth it.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Default Room selection

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue97 View Post
    Thanks to all who have replied, really appreciate it. Planning on the private dinner. We have reserved a beachfront deluxe room, any suggestions on which one is best?

Travis & Kelly
    You don't request a room and it does not really matter. My wife and I were only there to sleep and shower. The resort is easily to walk from end to end so the building/room will not be a concern for you.