Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We always fly Spirit out of Ft. Lauderdale. Just booked our tickets for April and it was only $370 for two round trip tickets. I've priced out Caribbean Air vs. Spirit and even though Spirit charges for baggage, etc., it still worked out to be a better deal. Also, I posted a thread about this but just learned that if you book your tickets at the airport counter (in advance -- not day-of) that you can save quite a bit of money. There is a hidden convenience fee that they charge online called the "passenger usage fee" that you don't get charged if you buy at the airport. I saved $70 by doing this. I just had a friend drop me off and circle the airport until I was done. It was Christmas Eve and it didn't take more than 30 minutes. Some airports have free short-term parking or nominal charges for an short amount of time. According to reports online, this works for other airlines as well and you can try calling them in advance to see what the airport price would be.

As a late update to this thread, and relevant only to us Brits, we have just booked two weeks in june 2013 at CSS through Kenwood Travel. We paid only 344 per person (return) to upgrade from cattle to club class with British Airways into Montego Bay. Such an amazing deal that I just had to share. Flat bed and champagne (not sparkling wine!) city! Am almost as excited about the flight as we are about our third trip to CSS. We did club class last time but it was an extra 500 each above the cost of premier economy. If you are a Brit then get in quickly as there are bound to be a lot of takers. See you on June 7th CSS. We will be refreshed and ready to partay!!

Murtle.....................I've been looking at prices for flights, but have been told British Airways only fly to Kingston, not to Montego Bay. Has this changed again? Can't decide whether or not it will be too much hassle to fly into Kingston, then get to CTI.

Hi faraway, I am told by Kenwood travel that the booking includes transfers and the transfer time is almost the same as from Montego Bay (1.5 - 2 hrs). Whatever it is, the cost is so amazing and to arrive having flown in Club for 10 hours is pure joy. It even makes the home flight something to look forward to as one knows there will be priority boarding, a nice lounge with food and drinks and a flat bed to sleep on! Lovely. Just do it! Irie.

Murtle...............sounds good! Let me know how you got on once you've been on your trip.

We can't make any firm plans until later in the year, but I am working on 'Operation Couples' to make sure we get a trip to CTI asap.

Might also check out Barbados!!!!

$400 each from Virginia in March... I thought that was a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by faraway View Post
    Murtle...............sounds good! Let me know how you got on once you've been on your trip.

We can't make any firm plans until later in the year, but I am working on 'Operation Couples' to make sure we get a trip to CTI asap.

Might also check out Barbados!!!!
    Certainly will do faraway. I have checked the map of Jamaica and CSS seems equidistant between Mobay and Kingston (albeit the journey from Kingston seems more hilly).

Always keep an eye on what Kenwood travel are doing. I saved 1200 on what I paid for our trip in November 2011 where we also flew Club. By the time we get back we will have enough air miles (Avios) for a return to NY club class with one free Club ticket. Have spent many years accumulating the points though!

CTI for you eh? We prefer CSS as it is less hotel like and more spread out. 'Chaq'un a son gout', as they say in France. We tried CTI for a day but we couldn't get to the island (too windy) and although the buffet had good stuff in it, the restaurant was very big and crowded. Good luck with 'Operation Couples'!

Just wondering if any one has ever travelled out of Buffalo to Jamaica who is Canadian? Our costs are a lot higher so sometimes people will drive over the border, stay in a hotel for the night and then fly out from an American Airport.

Well I didn't think rates would drop, but low and behold they did last week. Round trip from JFK went from $470 to $418 pp. I called JetBlue and they issued a credit for the difference. But I know that if I didn't book my flight when I did it probably would have gone up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2