Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Airfare is getting crazy!

Our April 2013 tickets on American Airlines cost $332 each (Miami to MBJ). Just went to book October 2013 on American and they want $100 more per ticket - $433 each or $866! We've always taken the morning flight on AA that gets us in the water at CSA by 2pm. Well, for a total of $597, I just booked Caribbean Air from Fort Lauderdale, which is actually closer to our house. These prices get any higher and we're going to have to swim.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Probably just a bit too early to buy the October tickets. I'm guessing they will start to come down in Feb/March...just a guess.

That's crazy. We got round trip from Indianapolis to Mo-Bay. $550 each. A lot more miles to fly than from Miami. Try U.S. Air or Airtran.

I feel your pain I looked at airfare last night and wished I hadn't. For us out of AZ its running $ 750ish a person and thats just for coach. Hoping it comes down after the holidays. 174 more days

We purchased air for our June trip in October of this year, about $550 each round trip out of STL. Not the best price we have ever gotten, but not much different from last year. We are going on our seventh trip and the total cost is not outrageously higher than our first trip in 2005. It has gone up, but not enough to discourage us from going yet. Our trips to Jamaica are something we feel is well worth the cost and so far we can afford it without damage to our budget. We shall see what next year has in store.

Wait what? I thought the wives were crazy???? Now I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Our April 2013 tickets on American Airlines cost $332 each (Miami to MBJ). Just went to book October 2013 on American and they want $100 more per ticket - $433 each or $866! We've always taken the morning flight on AA that gets us in the water at CSA by 2pm. Well, for a total of $597, I just booked Caribbean Air from Fort Lauderdale, which is actually closer to our house. These prices get any higher and we're going to have to swim.
    I normally fly out of Cleveland Hopkins Airport, but with the prices they were offering, I checked the Akron/Canton Airport and found a much better deal and time of flights...maybe your local "smaller" airport.

I noticed it too. US Air was usually around 500.00 from Denver.Now the are about 750.00.
    Hoping they go down.

I really wish we lived closer to a large airport. For the first several years we went (2005-2009), we paid about $400 per person to fly out of MOB (with a connection in ATL). Since then, prices have been $600-$700 per person. Ouch! They haven't gone up enough to keep us away, though!

Mark & April
    CSA - 06/03 (Honeymoon), 07/08, 10/09, 10/11, 5/14
    Secret Rendezvous - 11/05 (CN), 06/07 (CSS), 12/12 (CTI)

To all our American cousins who complain about air fare costs...please spare a thought for us Brits, who also love the Couples experience but have to commit to air fares over $1350 each (for cattle class too!).

I'll leave it there.

Murtle, while I agree it is unfortunate for our UK cousins that Jamaica resides in North America, it is as equally unfortunate for your Canadian and American cousins that European destinations don't reside close to North America.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlesley View Post
    Murtle, while I agree it is unfortunate for our UK cousins that Jamaica resides in North America, it is as equally unfortunate for your Canadian and American cousins that European destinations don't reside close to North America.

You make a great point there Chrisandlesley and I shall bear that in mind when considering my next British Airways club class invoice! We do have amazing history here in Europe and for me to fly to southern France or Prague can cost as little as $45. There are indeed benefits but there is something about the Caribbean that makes us want to keep going back. We had a week in an amazing villa in Turkey this year and spent most of the time reminding ourselves that 'this time last year we were at CSS lounging on SSB wondering what we were going to have for lunch or dinner! Ah bliss.

Happy holidays!

Default I hear You

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    To all our American cousins who complain about air fare costs...please spare a thought for us Brits, who also love the Couples experience but have to commit to air fares over $1350 each (for cattle class too!).

I'll leave it there.
    I totally understand our airfares from Western Canada are high as well they are at the $860.00 mark so not quite as high as yours as of yet but as space starts to fill they will go up ..... not enough airline competition here. Just goes to show there is always someone worse off.
    Rose
    I am not high Maintenance, I am deservedly Spoiled!

Couples Preferred Agent - Here to assist with your booking

Murtle wins.

End Thread.

We also fly AA out of Mia, leaving this Thursday, booked in August and cost us $864!!! Double what I paid last year!!!
    Could I ask just how much you saved by booking Caribean air from Ft Lauderdale? We fly again next Dec :-)

We always fly from New Orleans through Charlotte on US Air because the customs is faster and you land by noon in Jamaica. Our first trip we booked 4 months in advance for about $500 each. Next time I booked 9 months in advance for $430 each. I checked recently for June which is 6 months out and it's about $450 each. I haven't seem prices go up except when you book within the last 3 months. As long as you know what the best price is ever going to be, it doesn't really matter how far out you book. Some think you'll get better deals if you wait but its always been the opposite for me. Book early as possible to get the seats you want as long as the price is where it needs to be.

Kristamarie, I also fly out of Cleveland. Last year I happened to check Akron/Canton airport and the price was $600 less for the both of us. Both were on US Air leaving about the same time as in Cleveland and making the same connection in Charlotte. It was worth the extra 20 minute drive.

Gosh all your prices are better than what we paid four our November trip, but we fly direct out of Charlotte on US Air. It is good, convenient and apprently expensive. I think we paid 596 per person last year. And though we booked in January, I had watched prices all year and they were never cheaper. Sometimes more expensive but the price we booked was the lowest I saw.

OH well.....like Dirtleg...so far it isn't enough to make us pause or consider not going. We are going, and flying is the only option, so I guess we pay what we pay.

We booked our airfare to CSA for April 2013 and got a pretty good deal. LAX to MBJ with a stop in Miami (overnight) for like 550 per person with seat upgrades. The price has been increasing steadily since we bought in October.

We booked in April, for our March wedding in Sans Souci. We paid $517 each with AA, and have seen the prices do nothing but rise since then. Right now they are about $800 each person. We even had to switch to leaving on an overnight flight because AA changed both our flights. I for one am glad that we booked when we did, and didn't wait for prices to drop.

Murtle, is that $1350 in USD or Euros? And what is the conversion on that? That is a crazy price! But it also makes me happy knowing people are willing to pay that to go to Couples. Makes me feel confident in our decision to choose this particular slice of paradise.

78 days 4 hours 54... no make that 53 minutes until we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnessinthesand View Post

Murtle, is that $1350 in USD or Euros? And what is the conversion on that? That is a crazy price! But it also makes me happy knowing people are willing to pay that to go to Couples. Makes me feel confident in our decision to choose this particular slice of paradise.
    [/SIZE]
    Dollars, not Euros. That would be about 900 (Sterling not Egyptian)

I booked in October for our April 2013 trip to CN. We are flying on JetBlue out of JFK and are paying $470 per person. It is slightly higher than Caribbean airlines. I have been watching the fares and so far, JetBlue has only increased slightly. I usually don't book that early, but didn't want to take a chance of the airfare going higher. I sincerely doubt that it is going to go lower!

Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year everyone!

I went to CSA in October 2012 for our honeymoon and made the mistake of waiting to buy airfare until March of 2012 and the price went up $250pp from the cost I saw in December 2011.

Flying from San diego to MBJ is running about $700-$750 on AA. for May 2013. we booked early June 2012 for a May 2013 flight( first class) and it was 1024.00, When you figure in the luggage fees and on board services it not really all that bad to go 1st class. We upgrade everytime and it's wll worth the money....just saying

We have booked our last two trips with AAvacations website...ended up saving about $300 than if we booked it separately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast