Default Tipping questions for first timer

Coming to CSA in March. I have read that tipping is not required, but see that some people do tip maids, bartenders anyhow. I like to take care of those that take good acre of us. What is a reasonable tip for maids and bartenders, taxi driver, etc.? I don't want to insult those who are working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by scottalan View Post
    Coming to CSA in March. I have read that tipping is not required, but see that some people do tip maids, bartenders anyhow. I like to take care of those that take good acre of us. What is a reasonable tip for maids and bartenders, taxi driver, etc.? I don't want to insult those who are working hard.
    Scottalan,

We have a very strict NO tipping policy. It is strictly enforced and staff may lose their jobs if caught accepting any tips. We appreciate your sentiment however ask that you respect our no tipping policy. The ONLY exception is spa staff.

All staff participate in a generous profit sharing plan.

Try to think of it this way: Imagine that the resort is a theatre putting on a play. Actors (bartenders, waiters, waitresses, etc) are the only employees you see on stage. Yet, there are dozens of people behind the scene helping to ensure that their performance is the best it can be. While these people are not visible, they are equally important to the success of the play.

ALL staff works hard. You only see the actors... No Tipping!

Couples Resorts