Thread: SCUBA at CSA

Default SCUBA at CSA

My husband and I are going to be at CSA the first week in October and would like to take advantage of the diving trip. I just had a few questions for those who may have previously dived at CSA...

How was your experience and did you take or need any of your own equipment to dive (i.e., wetsuit, snorkel, mask, etc.)?

Did you get certified at the resort? If so, was it a good experience?

Thank you in advance. We can't wait!! Doing the double digit dance

I have done a few scuba certifications at CSA. I highly recommend the instructors there because I very much enjoyed the experience. You don't need any fancy scuba equipment. They will even supply mask, fins, and snorkel if you need. I personally like having stuff I know will fit and be comfortable so when I go I pack my suitcase with mask, fins, snorkel, and a shorty wetsuit. All the staff in the scuba shack are fantastic. The most memorable instructors for me are Franz, Shaggy, and of course Supah-Coopah. Chances are very good they're still there and still awesome.

If nothing else, at least do the discovery dive. Relax, trust in Franz, and enjoy the experience. They'll take great care of you and chances are good you'll have a great time.

I plan on doing some scuba diving while we are at CSA in April. What is the diving like, and what were some of the better sites that you dove on? Anything in particular that I should ask for?
    Todd and Mazie

CTI - 1996 and 2006

The dive team at CSA is what has brought us back to Jamaica so many times. They are top notch and I cannot give them enough praise! Before our initial visit in 2007, we had only done a familiarization dive. That first visit we decided to do our open water certification and it was the best decision my husband and I have ever made! We have developed a love for scuba diving that is something the two of us now share as a couple.

Since that certification in 2007, we have dived all over the world from Hawaii to Bermuda to Aruba to Key West. In 2009 we both earned our advanced open water certification at CSA. We now have nearly a hundred dives under our belts, all thanks to the CSA dive team. Many, many thanks are due to Anthony, Franz, and the rest of the fantastic CSA dive crew! There is nothing more comforting than knowing the staff and learning new skills from a trusted and capable staff member. And so we are returning next month to relax and learn more scuba skills...nitrox training is next on our plate.

And there are better places to see, but Jamaica is still a cool place to dive. And you cannot beat the price!

Our first ocean dives were at CSA last November. The dive team was top notch! We have our own equipment so all we needed were tanks and weights. We will be back in December for 10 days and cannot wait to dive again!

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15