Default Couples Negril ......garden suite...help please?

Hi I love the look of all the Couples resorts! My hubby left it up to me to pick, but I'm more confused. He said he liked CN, but I think he is trying to help me because I'm feeling pressure to pick a great match for us. We both saw the garden suite and were loving it! Is it worth the upgrade? For the price, the Dlx. ocean view is nice! Ahhhh, yikes I feel like I am a spoiled kid, but I am 51 and want a great vacation. For 9 days in early August I have booked the air. I know I like a suite I guess because we have room to spread apart from each other ...lol!
    I know that's a personal thing... How much one should put out for an upgrade but wanted your expert opinion!
    Also we are not fans of the AN thing. So I was originally sticking with CSA. But now I am stumped!
    We've only travelled to Mexico and the DR and love the R and R type resorts, but hubby loves to dive and snorkel too. Help?

First, you will LOVE CN. The Garden suites are great. Sounds like you will enjoy the extra room. Go for it! All the rooms are close to the beach so it doesn't matter which one you pick. You will not even know there is an AN beach at the place unless you are looking for it. The dive shop at CN is excellent. We love this place so much, going back for trip 8.

We are both 50 and have been to CN 3 times. All three times we chose to be in a Garden suite. For your first time, I would highly suggest the garden suite. It is twice the size of the regular rooms. There are only 6 of them at CN... 3 in Build 8 and 3 in building 9.....none of them really have a view of the nude beach. As far as the nude beach is concerned, you will have to go looking for it to find it.....really isn't going to be an issue for you. Personally we always request the top floor in building 8..... we love the view and the privacy of being far from the ground. Read the boards, all your questions have answers somewhere on them.....you can do a search for specific questions........you are really going to be happy with your CN choice!

Enjoy!

ironranger

All CN rooms are fine. First trip was our honeymoon so we splurged for a beachfront suite (6301 - it was excellent!). Since then, we have always stayed in a regular garden or ocean view room - absolutely fine. As everyone always says, you really don't spend much time in the room.

OMG!! You have GOT to book the Beachfront Suite. We were in 6201 this past August and were simply blown away. The bathroom was HUGE, the bed was delightful and the view was just to die for. Sure you pay a bit more but that extra room makes the difference.

We did a split stay between CN/CSA and were wishing we had just stayed at CN. We booked a BFVS at CSA. It was small, dark and in need of some serious TLC. We did ask to go back to CN but they did not have any BFS left. Luckily they moved us to a Great House Jacuzzi Suite at CSA. Much nicer room. Still not as nice as the BFS at CN.

Your room is of really no consequence as you won't spend much time there. I do like having a room near the beach so I can run to my own bathroom quickly....but even that isn't necessary.

Hi, We booked our first time with the same kind of apprehensions! No worries at Couples! We always stay in the garden rooms at CN, we just got back Sat., and stayed in a ocean view room. That being our 9th trip to Couples, I would go with the lower priced room and stay longer : ) All rooms are beautiful and within close proximity to everything going on! Have fun : )

We stayed in the Garden Suites twice, loved them, huge bathroom, with separate shower with a rain head in it, but we now stay in there lowest priced rooms and love them every bit as much. Why? We are not in the room that much and the money saved goes towards extra days and/or air fare. But you know what, it is your vacation and time in paradise so do what makes YOU happy. It is all good mon!

No one can tell you if a GS is "worth it." We can only tell you the benefits and then you have to decide whether they are worth the extra cost. We now always stay in garden suites. Reasons . . . I love the hammock in the late afternoon. However, there are hammocks on the beach. I love the jacuzzi tub. Like the extra room in the main room and the bathroom -- it's VERY easy for two people to get ready at the same time.

We have also stayed in a garden room overlooking the spa. It was very peaceful and certainly met our needs. Thus, if your budget is tight, you'll be fine in a regular room. If you have the extra money, the suite is a nice splurge.