Default First Time Booking It On My Own....Now What??

This will be our 6th time to Couples, but the first time I booked it myself directly through the resort website. Can anyone give me a brief rundown on how this will all play out? We are used to getting all of our documentation and airline ticket info from the travel agent when we make our final payment. How will I get all of those documents now?

I'm curious on this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanushappy View Post
    This will be our 6th time to Couples, but the first time I booked it myself directly through the resort website. Can anyone give me a brief rundown on how this will all play out? We are used to getting all of our documentation and airline ticket info from the travel agent when we make our final payment. How will I get all of those documents now?
    I booked my last trip directly instead of through travel agent just because I do most of my travel plans online. I chose to just book the hotel through the Couples website and once booked received a confirmation number through e-mail. I just printed this and put it into a travel folder. Next just book airline, I find this easier because I have the choice of best fares and times. Once booked also printed this document. Remember in this travel folder copy your passport page and keep separate from actual passport.

Me too

We book Hotel only. You will receive an e-mail about the balance, shortly before the 45 day mark. They take the balance, you fill in the pre register form on here and you are done.

We've booked both of our trips through Couples directly. 45 days out (approximately) they will charge your credit card for the balance. After you've booked you'll be sent a confirmation. This is what I take with us. As for the flights, I'm assuming you booked those with your room through couples? Just look up your confirmation number or flight info on the airline's website and you can print a confirmation as well as check in to your flight 24 hours before your scheduled departure.

This will be our first trip to Couples SWA. I booked everything through the Couples website. It was very straight forward and simple. Once you have completed the booking, you will get a confirmation. Number for the resort and one for your airlines E-mailed to you. Then take the airline conf. Number and go to the airline website and print boarding passes, select seats, etc. just like you booked directly through the airline. I think that the Couples Website is one of the easiest, most helpful and professional websites I a have encountered. Also, don't hesitate to call the 800 number if you have questions, they are very helpful. Hope this helps,

You only get the Email receipt and you are pretty much on your own. In 5 trips I have only used their web site to book, and even did it for air one time. You will also get an Email from them a few days before they charge your card for the balance of your vacation if you did not pay it entirely before then. Be sure to sign on and preregister at least 4 days before your trip, and when you get to the lounge you know the routine. It is no problem mon.

Thank you for all the replies. It does seem pretty simple and straight forward. I was even able to check into the airline and pick our seats. We booked hotel and air through Couples and the price was fair. Definitely not more than we would have paid had we gone through a travel agent. Smroot...you are so right...no problems mon!

Just remember to check for airline schedule changes
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I cannot stress the importance of this. We flew in November and booked through US Airways and our flights changed like 4 days prior. Our departure flight was the same, but even our return flight NUMBERS had changed and we got home 3+ hours later than originally planned. It was a huge hassle. Check it the week before, 48 hours in advance, and 24 hours in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    True dat. If you are several months out from your trip I suggest checking monthly till you get close, then check weekly the last month and daily the last week. Changes are not uncommon and you want to be aware of not only changes in departure/arrival times but flight numbers tend to change as well. We booked a June trip in October and we have had two changes to our itinerary already. Small changes that do not affect our trip (we arrive back home an hour later though) but still it is better to be aware just in case something major comes up in the schedule.