Hybrid View

Default Will you wear your wedding dress to dinner?

Our ceremony is at 10:00, and I'm guessing we'll be finished with photos by noon. I hate to think I'll be wearing that gorgeous dress for only two hours! Will any of you with an early ceremony be donning your wedding attire again for dinner that evening?
    CN - April 2011
    CN Weddingmoon - April 2013

My husband and I had an early ceremony (10am) at CSA on 12/1/12. Personally, part of the appeal of the destination wedding was only having to be "on display" for a minimal amount of time. And then, nearly immediately, starting (or really, continuing) the honeymoon. But that was us... We wanted everything to be super low key. Our day was about us, quiet and private and personal. Neither of us is comfortable being the center of attention.

That said, your day is your day! It is your wedding! If you want to live it up, and celebrate your day by wearing your wedding attire to dinner, please, do so! Everyone at Couples, both guests and staff, will be wishing you well, and congratulating you!

The long and short of this is... Enjoy every minute of your day exactly as you want to enjoy it. It will go by so quickly, take it all in, and savor it!

I did not as our wedding was at 10 also but just as Larla says, do as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura88 View Post
    Our ceremony is at 10:00, and I'm guessing we'll be finished with photos by noon. I hate to think I'll be wearing that gorgeous dress for only two hours! Will any of you with an early ceremony be donning your wedding attire again for dinner that evening?
    We were married at 4pm, but we couldn't get dinner reservations until 8pm at 8 Rivers. I didn't take my dress off until after dinner/drinks! Only get to wear it once

Hi Laura..... Were renewing our vows in the afternoon on 29th January.... hubby hit on the idea of having a private tree house dinner in the evening so I can get to wear my pretty dress for a little longer... why not go for that

I did wear my wedding dress to dinner that night after our 10am CTI wedding!

I wore my wedding dress only for the wedding ceremony, but for dinner I had a new attire.

Quote Originally Posted by philbanner View Post
    I wore my wedding dress only for the wedding ceremony, but for dinner I had a new attire.
    Our wedding was at 10am and after being out of my wedding dress all afternoon after photos, I knew I wouldn't want to get back in it for the evening. So, I had bought a white halter style dress from JCrew and wore that in the evening with fancy earrings and silver heels! It was a special day, and the fact that I had two special dresses made it more so. But if you want to change back into your wedding dress for the evening, go for it!

My wedding gown is of maroon color and it looks fab on evening reception.

I wear my maroon wedding gow on my brother's reception.It looks very nice after 2 years also.

I think I won't wear my wedding dress to dinner~

My wedding dress is way to big and poofy to be wearing around everywhere after the ceremony. I bought another dress to change into afterward. I've attached photos of them both. I say, if your dress is practical enough to wear to dinner than go for it. I would wear it as long as I can. If your dress is as impractical as mine, then by a second dress to wear.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I think its a personal preference and based on a persons circumstances. We did our vow renewal at 4 PM. We made our reservations a little later (8:45PM) at Eight Rivers at CTI to accomodate for the time. We didnt want to feel rushed and we took our time shooting pictures. We used Diana Campbell & Richard Brown with Digital Memories Collection. We planned ahead a mini trash the dress session afterwards so no I didn't wear my dress afterwards. We came back showered and changed. I had brought a special peacock blue dress to wear for dinner.

Name:  5_14_13_17.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  57.9 KB
    Name:  5_14_13_18.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  78.4 KB
    Name:  5_14_13_19.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  35.2 KB
    Name:  5_14_13_20.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  60.0 KB

Penny
    AKA:Buzybee

We got married at CTI on the island at 5pm, dinner at 8pm at the patio. It was very windy during our ceremony, but it calmed down right after for our reception. My dress has five layers and I was melting! My maid of honour kept me cool, making sure I always had a fresh bag of ice. But, as a few other ladies said, you only wear it once! (On your special day at least!) I was determined to keep it on!