Default Which cell carrier works at CN

We are repeaters that have always used Nextel/Sprint. They used to not have towers in Jamacia. Does anyone know if its working at now at CN?

don't know about Nextel/Sprint. Usually their website will show the global map or list of countries. Hopefully others with Sprint can help you better than I.

I use AT&T and have no problems in JA.

Don't know about Nextel/Sprint, but we have T-mobile and always use it with no problems at CN. We call and text home to keep in touch. Trip #6 coming up in December!
    Have a Happy Day!

You need to call Nextel/Sprint and have Jamaica turned on, (International rooming), and have one of the phones listed below. International rooming is turned off by default, blocking you from making a call.

Per the Nextel site you need one of these phones for it to work:

Jamaica

Phone option:
    i2000plus, v60, P280, T720, V505, V555, V180, i920, i930

Cost: $1.99

Phone Options indicate the type(s) of phone(s) available for use in the specified country.

I do know this that Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T do work in Jamaica with International rooming turned on.
    Irie Mon

We use Verizon and all we've done is activated International Calling and the phone worked fine; on prior trips we did have text only service (no phone) and had not activated anything. Enjoy paradise
    Ya Mon

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help. Had roaming turned on this morning for Jamicia, and leave tomorrow!

Verizon worked find for me. Only used it once though.

I have Nextel/Sprint service. In the last couple of visits, I've received a text message with 10 minutes of landing welcoming me to the Caribbean and telling me what the rates are for placing calls back to the U.S.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).