Default Just returned from CSA poor service in restaurants

Had a great stay, but the service in the restaurants was very spotty long waits and inattention. I think it,s because of a lack of staff

Lack of staff? We were there last week and they had so much staff that they tended to stand around and BS with each other. Perhaps this is the actual cause lol

Have 1 and you get the work of 2 - have 2 and get the work of 1 - have 3 and get the work of none.

Wow, we were there in the beginning of December and the service was outstanding. never had to ask for water to be refilled, drinks were brought before we asked. The only time we waited was breakfast at the Plams, and that was because we always sat outside, but it was only a few minutes at the most.

Wow Ron that's news to us! We were at CSA for our third trip the first week in December and we loved the service. I usually dislike eating at Feathers because of the long drawn out affair, but our friends talked us into dining there again this year. The food was awesome and except for not understanding our waiter's accent very well it seemed like they were trying to get us out as quickly as possible. We even tried to get another reservation there but we waited too late in the trip and they couldn't accomodate 4 at the same time. The other restaurants Patois (our favorite), Palms and Lemongrass all did a great job of serving us at a good pace. By the way, we were on vacation and not worried too much about where we needed to be after dinner...we were on Jamaica Time.
    Steve

Hmm, we were there in October, right after the Hurricane, and the service was as I expected it to be, Jamaican time mon! They move at a different pace, but they do move and they do take care of you. Relax and slow down is why I am there and they just help me achieve that goal, but I never felt the service was lacking or bad. I remember my first taste of island time anywhere in the Caribbean was on Grand Cayman, almost 30 years ago, and our first supper took almost 3 hours, and it was not buffet but a nice restaurant. Luckily I was with people who had been there before and explained what Island time was. I adjusted enjoyed the view and the evening and think about that great time every time I am eating anywhere in the Caribbean. It is good mon!

I also just returned from CSA (12/19-12/26). The service at Feathers and Lemongrass was great (ate at each one twice) - the courses were served in an appropriate fashion (not too slow or fast). My water was always filled and at Feathers they brought my wife and I more mixed drinks without even asking!

Patios was another story. At breakfast the service was a bit slow and the servers were neutral - not brusque, but not really friendly or welcoming either. For two dinners there we had Romaine and he was friendly and did a pretty good job. On Christmas at Patois, our server wasn't really friendly and didn't seem very experienced. The courses were served a bit sporadically and it took forever to get dessert, despite the fact that a ton of them were pre-made and we could see them sitting there on the counter. I noticed that the couple next to us got served their salads and soup at the same time, with hardly any space on the table.

Palms at breakfast was ok... with the exception of the 26th. I'm not sure if a bunch of people called off or something but there was NO ONE around. We seated ourselves (no big deal)... but many tables didn't have napkins or coffee cups. In order to get coffee, I had to take some cups from another table and go to the coffee station! Again, not a huge inconvenience, but it was significantly worse than the previous mornings. In addition, there were three days where our breakfast room service never came at all - one of these days was the 26th (which didn't surprise me when I got to the Palms and there were hardly any staff members to be found.)

In the future I think I'd prefer to just stick with Feathers and Lemongrass. The service and food is definitely a cut above the other restaurants.

Hi Ron - you posted almost the exact same thing this past January. No doubt about it, we usually experience less than optimum service during at least one or two of our meals when we stay at CSA. For example, we've found breakfast at Patois to be glacial for our taste, so we choose instead to dine at The Palms for breakfast. Cabana Grill can be hit or miss sometimes (wrong items brought, exceptionally long delays). SeaGrapes can also be slow unless you sit at the counter. However, the vast majority of our meals have been served in a timely manner and correctly. So, instead of a blanket complaint that gives no details (your assessment that it is lack of staff is difficult to verify), please give us specifics. Which restaurant and which meals? Did they bring the wrong food? Did you have to wait for coffee at breakfast? If the intent of your post is to draw this problem to the attention of management, they need more details than you have provided. Honestly, I believe that your review lacks credibility unless you can back it up with some specifics.

Default Island Time

Quote Originally Posted by smroot View Post
    Hmm, we were there in October, right after the Hurricane, and the service was as I expected it to be, Jamaican time mon! They move at a different pace, but they do move and they do take care of you. Relax and slow down is why I am there and they just help me achieve that goal, but I never felt the service was lacking or bad. I remember my first taste of island time anywhere in the Caribbean was on Grand Cayman, almost 30 years ago, and our first supper took almost 3 hours, and it was not buffet but a nice restaurant. Luckily I was with people who had been there before and explained what Island time was. I adjusted enjoyed the view and the evening and think about that great time every time I am eating anywhere in the Caribbean. It is good mon!
    Our history of service at CSA has always been good. Only complaint was not receiving a repeaters dinner reservation.

Island time is a concept we are used to, but at some resorts it's implementation varies.

At Superclubs Grand Lido, we had a interesting experience. We were visiting to celebrate our 25th anniversary. On arrival, we were one of 5 couples arriving at the same time on the same shuttle. We were quickly met. We were told our room was not ready and they referred us to the buffet for lunch while our room was prepared. One hour later, we were in the lobby and another shuttle arrived. The three couples in that shuttle were welcomed and shown to their rooms. I needed to go to registration and remind them that we were still waiting for our room. Twenty minutes later, we were called and greeted. The hostess, then led us through the lobby and picked up another couple to show to the rooms. Along the way, the other couple wanted a drink, so she led us by the bar and waited while the other couple got their drinks. She then led both couples to first the other room, then ours.

Upon arrival at our room, the hostess could not open the door. We were left waiting at the door. We went on our own to a nearby bar. 30 minutes later our room was opened for us.

The next day was our anniversary. I made a reservation for their Japanesse restaurant. I was confirmed, but was not told a time. I was told that a reservation confirmation would be left in the room. The next day, at 6:30 we went to the restaurant. We were not seated because our reservation was for 6:15. Except for one teppanyaki table, the restaurant, including the sushi bar, was empty. This was Jamaica, it was not yet sunset, the booze cruise was just returning, and they would not accommodate use because we were "15 min" late?

Horrible service. We will never stay at a Superclubs resort again. I think Island Time is an excuse for bad service.

We have not experienced Island Time at Couples.

GOOD POINT ON THE 26TH OF DECEMBER...NO CHAMPAGNE, VODKA OR JUICES OUT ON ROUND TABLE AT 10 AM WHEN WE LEFT. ONLY 2 SERVERS IN DINING ROOM...NO NAPKINS, NOR WATER. STAFF VERY SHORT ( HOLIDAY AND FLU SEASON FOR THEM) BUT BRING IN THE ENTERTAINMENT STAFF TO HELP ....SEAT, SERVE WATER, ETC...tHEY NEVER MISS A MEAL !!
    SERVICE WAS WORSE THAN LAST YEAR BUT WE WILL RETURN TO PARADISE...HOPEFULLY, MANAGEMENT WILL RECOGNIZE THIS ISSUE!
    CHRISTMAS NIGHT AT THE PALM WAS VERY BUSY AND SHORT STAFF BUT THEY TRIED AND ALL MANAGERS HELPED..
    .( ENTERTAINMENT STAFF ALL THERE BUT DID NOT HELP)????? THAT MEAL WAS OUTSTANDING...thank you chef !

Hey there Jerseygirl, [sounds like a song], quit making fun of the height of the servers!!! Man I love that place!!!

BarDar...We love it too...we also will be back....just a hugh difference in the past 6 years or so that time of year!!!
    . Worth mentioning...many, many positives but must learn from the mistakes, so they can be addressed ! Already booked for next Christmas season.... No Problem !