Default Opinions Welcome: Better to stay at one resort or two for a better room?

I'm sure this has been discussed before on here, but for some reason I'm having difficulty with the search results, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I'd love to get some opinions on if it is better to stay at one of the Couples resorts (CSA) in a worse room, or to switch resorts partway through our trip, so we have a better chance at getting nicer rooms at CSA and CSS?

Price isn't a consideration, it's more of a timing issue. We are hoping to spend 10 nights at an all inclusive in either April or May (followed by 3 nights at another resort at the cliffs), and it's looking like we waited too long to book for April or May at CSA for anything other than a Garden Verandah or Atrium Suite. We were hoping for at least Beachfront, but those appear to all be booked for 10 day stays, although there is some 4 or 5 night availability. Normally the room wouldn't matter so much to us, but this is going to be our last vacation before we start trying to have kids, so time to lounge around the room and sleep in is going to be important to us.

So what would you do? Book a room without a view for the full 10 days and not have to worry about a resort change, or split your stay between two resorts, in order to get nicer rooms with a view. Thanks in advance!

"Better" or "nicer" room is subjective. Our favourite rooms in any hotel we have stayed in in the Caribbean are the Atriums at CSA. We are surprised (and delighted) that they are so cheap (shhhh - dont tell Randymon or he'll put up the price!). We like them so much that if one were not available in our time frame, we would change our dates, so my advice would be to stay put for 10 days. I cant think of a more romantic room to spend your last pre baby holiday in - unless perhaps a water villa in the Maldives, but that is a different thing entirely.

It would be much more relaxing anyway to stay put for 10 days, also when you change resorts you lose a day with packing and unpacking.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will love CSA.

I think the garden views at csa are beautiful. I book the gvs now as we can't afforx beachfront. We have stayed in bfvs and the first time we got a second floor and our view was of palm trees, not the ocean. I didn't think it was worth the money. Our first floor one was great but we got a free upgrade on that one. We personally don't spend that much time in the room so we get the least expensive room. I would just stay at csa.

Default Here's a view from our gvs veranda

Name:  IMG_20110307_125651.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  284.7 KB

I personally would find it more relaxing to stay at one resort. Although we usually stay in the BFVS rooms at CSA, the rooms themselves are not all that opulent. We do love the proximity to the beach and watching the sunset from our verandah. However, the other rooms we've seen at CSA have been perfectly nice, too.

The picture above is from our gvs`s veranda

Default CSA Atrium Suite

Quote Originally Posted by NCGal View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed before on here, but for some reason I'm having difficulty with the search results, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I'd love to get some opinions on if it is better to stay at one of the Couples resorts (CSA) in a worse room, or to switch resorts partway through our trip, so we have a better chance at getting nicer rooms at CSA and CSS? book the Atrium Suite= Beautiful rooms, you wont be disapointed.

Price isn't a consideration, it's more of a timing issue. We are hoping to spend 10 nights at an all inclusive in either April or May (followed by 3 nights at another resort at the cliffs), and it's looking like we waited too long to book for April or May at CSA for anything other than a Garden Verandah or Atrium Suite. We were hoping for at least Beachfront, but those appear to all be booked for 10 day stays, although there is some 4 or 5 night availability. Normally the room wouldn't matter so much to us, but this is going to be our last vacation before we start trying to have kids, so time to lounge around the room and sleep in is going to be important to us.

So what would you do? Book a room without a view for the full 10 days and not have to worry about a resort change, or split your stay between two resorts, in order to get nicer rooms with a view. Thanks in advance!
    And I would recommend splitting your trip, that way you get new restraunt options for the full 10 days.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if the BFS is available for a 4 or 5 night stay, why not grab that time slot, and go with the Atrium for the remainder of your stay? It would seem that a room change would be easier than a resort change.

We have done the split from CSS to CN and while is went off with out a hitch and Couples did an outstanding job getting us from CSS to CN, it is something that I would not do again. You don't feel like unpacking at the first resort because you know you are going to have to pack to go to the second.

I would rather stay in the Garden Verandah then have to spend 5 days at CSS, pack, drive to CSA, unpack, spend 5 days, pack and move to a hotel on the cliffs for 3 days, too much moving and packing for me, would rather just relax. The view might not be perfect, but you will be at CSA, how bad could it be!
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you will be a mile away and they will be barefoot!

Normally the room wouldn't matter so much to us, but this is going to be our last vacation before we start trying to have kids, so time to lounge around the room and sleep in is going to be important to us.
    I know how you feel! There's a very good possibility I'm pregnant (still waiting for that darn positive to show up!) and wanted to splurge a bit on our trip this year since it might be a while before we get back. I was bummed to see none of the beachfronts available but honestly we've always stayed in the Garden Verandah (3 trips) and have been very happy with them. Our trip this past May we got a ground floor room and made friends with a family of cats on the property. We decided to go ahead and book the GVS again because we'll still be where we love.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, appreciate it!

A beachfront veranda opened up today, so we snatched it up. CSS for 9 days at the end of May, can't wait to finally experience this resort that I've been drooling over for a year now!

Im with BarDar I wouldnt want to switch resorts because of a room.

I'd love to get some opinions on if it is better to stay at one of the Couples resorts (CSA) in a worse room, or to switch resorts partway through our trip, so we have a better chance at getting nicer rooms at CSA and CSS?

In all honesty, once you get there and experience Couples you wont be quite so concerned with your room. Most of us spend very little time in the room except to get ready for dinner and to crash. If you are going to CSA you wont be bored with the restaurant choices so stay put. The Garden Verandah Suites are very nice just request the new side of the resort. We always get a top floor corner and the views are very nice.