Default United Return Flight May 8th Has Been CANCELLED!

If you are flying on United to Houston, May 8th, flight UA 1485 at 1:50 PM has been canceled.

Check your reservation. We will miss our connection and will be spending the night in Houston.

I hate United!

Just hope it doesn't effect too many people.

Oh Sue, I'm so sorry and understand your frustration. Too bad you can't spend another night at CSS instead? Hope the rest of the trip is going well, in spite of United.

What do they suggest for those who had bought tickets on that flight?

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    What do they suggest for those who had bought tickets on that flight?
    Well, in our case, since it was a schedule change, United should cover the hotel bill and possibly even dinner, we will not know for sure until we talk to a gate agent. We are rescheduled on a flight Monday at 10:15 AM. At least it's the return flight and doesn't really effect the week at Couples.

Our flights with American for June went through some substantial changes last month. Flights down were rescheduled to depart from STL an hour later in the morning, and arrive in MoBay two hours later than the times on the original booking. Our connecting flight on return, from Charlotte to STL, was also rescheduled. Our layover time in Charlotte now puts us on a hurry up to get through immigration/customs to make the flight home. I purposely selected flights to get us to Jamaica as early as possible and to schedule a lengthy layover in Charlotte to allow plenty of time to make our last leg home. We had booked the flights this past November. I had figured there may be some changes or adjustments, but not to this extent. Oh well.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Our flights with American for June went through some substantial changes last month. Flights down were rescheduled to depart from STL an hour later in the morning, and arrive in MoBay two hours later than the times on the original booking. Our connecting flight on return, from Charlotte to STL, was also rescheduled. Our layover time in Charlotte now puts us on a hurry up to get through immigration/customs to make the flight home. I purposely selected flights to get us to Jamaica as early as possible and to schedule a lengthy layover in Charlotte to allow plenty of time to make our last leg home. We had booked the flights this past November. I had figured there may be some changes or adjustments, but not to this extent. Oh well.
    Yeah our flights ALWAYS have changes, no matter who we book. I don't think there has been a single year that we have actually flown what we originally book. This year, all 4 legs of our flights have had changes, but only by as much as a half hour. After we booked, and after they changed the flights, we found a flight that gets into Mobay an hour and a half before ours does, so we called Delta to see if we could change, since they had changed our flights. They said the flights have to change by at least NINETY minutes on a single leg, in order for it to be a free change. Otherwise it is a $200 change fee PER PERSON, plus the difference in cost of the ticket. We are going to see if they will let us bump flights when we get to the airport, since they do cost the same... Fingers crossed, but either way, we will be getting to Jamaica.

13 days 3 hours 22 minutes!!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014, April 2015, April 2016 Soon Come
    CN April 2014

I have gotten airlines to waive the change fee with as little as a 30 minutes change in schedule. I am just insistent that the new flights don't work for me and once I had to hang up and call again to get a different agent but I have always been successful.

Flight 1485 was also cancelled for May 15th, but we were put on flight #1577 which departs MBJ at 3:52. Arrives in Houston at 7:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, Charlotte airport gets you thru the customs and immigration pretty quickly. They have the kiosks there. We got thru there really fast and have since looked for our lay overs there for that reason.