Default Snorkeling question

Do they provide snorkel vest/life jackets when snorkeling? I am not a swimmer, but really want to try snorkeling. Do they provide the fins or do you have to bring your own?

Yes to both of your questions. They also have masks and snorkels, but many folks bring their own.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

All of the resorts have life vests (aka Jamaican rubber duckies) available. They also provide all of the snorkeling equipment, including fins.

We did the snorkeling at CTI, and they do provide mask / fins / snorkel / life vests. You can, of course, bring your own snorkeling gear if you prefer (we did.)

Next year (this year? I guess that depends on when the Mod approves this post ) I'm going to bring all my gear, the wife may not bring any (salt water makes her feel ill, it turns out,) as I'm going to go out on the SCUBA excursion. Better to be familiar with some of my gear, then none...

Jason
    CTI in 148 days!

Quote Originally Posted by KatKir View Post
    Do they provide snorkel vest/life jackets when snorkeling? I am not a swimmer, but really want to try snorkeling. Do they provide the fins or do you have to bring your own?
    I am not a great swimmer either. When i went snorkeling at CSA they did provide life jackets for those that wanted one. I was very nervous but it turned out to be a great time.

They provide it all...mask, snorkel and fins. They also provide life jackets so you'll be able to float easily as you snorkel and enjoy the sea life of Jamaica. Be sure to bring an underwater camera so you can get some pics to take home with you.

They provide everything you need, including a life jacket. I'm not a swimmer either & have been several times. Enjoy!

Its all provided... including the life jacket.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Yes they provide everything, even a lesson if you need it.

Definitely go snorkeling! It's so much fun and I found it relaxing and romantic. They have all the gear you will need and the water sports guys will help teach you too. Have fun.