Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thanks for the U-Tube posting.

Charlie had a good long life at Sans Souci. may she enjoy turtle heaven.
    I do hope you will be able to replace her.

Goodgye Charlie

I enjoyed watching your gracefulness
    and eating your raw chicken
    Thank you for your time

Pat and Brian

We are so sorry to hear about Charlies's passing. November will be our first visit to CSS and Charlie was going to be our first visit. Condolences to the staff and all who loved her!

Default Charlie - I'll miss you

I only got to see Charlie get fed once but I'm glad I got to see her and I'll miss her.

Name:  Charlie 6.JPG
Views: 546
Size:  95.0 KB

Name:  Charlie 1.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  55.0 KB

I didn't know Charlie, but I can understand the pain of losing a beloved animal as I had to put my 15 year old Jack Russell to sleep last week. It's heartbreaking. RIP Charlie.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

just wanted to add my sorrow at hearing this news. Tears are in my eyes at I type this. I'm glad my wife and I got to meet Charlie even if it was just once. We were looking forward to meeting her again. God Bless you Charlie.

We were there last week. On Thursday night around 5 he was out of the cave and not moving much. On Friday early before we checked out we went to check on him and he was in the same spot. We figured he was sick but hoped for the best. RIP Charlie. I am lucky I was able to see her before she passed away.

From our visit in 2006.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Travel Agent to the Stars!
    Oh, sorry, got carried away.
    But I am a Couples Preferred Agent.

CN 2003, 2005, 2008, 2011 CSS 2006, 2007 CSA 2007, 2011 CTI 2009

Just to clarify for MANY folks...Charlie was a SHE...NOT a HE!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Default Charlie

Thanks for keeping us posted, Randymon. How lucky it was for Charlie and for future guests and staff, that she landed on the beach of Sans Souci back in old '51. On another beach, she may have died there, or been turtle soup!

Laurie and I enjoyed visiting her grotto for the last three years. It will be a bit sad to go back now, but the memory is a sweet little one. Charlie had lots of visitors, (including the jacks and the crabs.)

There is a sea turtle rescue organization based in Juno Beach, Florida, where injured and orphaned turtles go for rehabilitation and, if possible, return to the wild. That is not always possible, and it might be worth contacting them if an injured turtle is desired for Charlie's grotto. I would be most happy to pass along the information on this organization if you like.

Dan and Laurie

Randymon,
    Our condolences to the whole Couples CSS family!
    We saw Charlie the last several years while both staying at CSS and visiting from CTI. We fell in love with her and will miss her on future trips.
    Thanks so much for trying to save her!
    Please, please work on getting one of the eggs for the grotto.
    Maybe Charlie II? A fitting tribute!

We met Charlie for the first time in April of 2009. We absolutely fell in love with her, and visited her a few times daily. As a rememberance of her,when we returned home, my husband gave me a crystal sea turtle named "charlie". We will never ever forget her and will miss her greatly when we go back in April/2010. Rest in peace, Charlie....you will be missed by many.
    Sincerely,
    Sherry & Michael

I am so sad to hear the news. I have never been to Couples, but we will be at CSS next month for our honeymoon. Believe it or not, my bride and I were really looking forward to meeting Charlie. Our condolences, to the many friends, visitors, and caretakers she has had. I'm sorry we never met. (Jonathan&Nikki) Martinsburg, WV

She will surely be missed...

Charlie will be missed by all who had the chance to see her. I have wonderful photos and memories of seeing her at CSS in 2007. RIP Charlie.

Default Our belove charlie has passed away peacefully

Here is a picture of Charlie we took while visiting CSS on a day pass in 2005. We were staying at the old COR at the time, now the new and improved CTIName:  Charlie 2005.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  69.6 KB
    GREANJAC

Here he is with his friend...he wasnt alone...miss ya
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by patti26 View Post
    Goodgye Charlie . . . I enjoyed watching your gracefulness and eating your raw chicken
    You ate Charlie's chicken?
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Awww... such sad news. But it sounds like she had a great life at CSS. I wanted to meet her when we're there in Jan.

The photos are great. Thanks everyone for posting. It would be great if Couples could put a nice big framed photo of her somewhere on the property (safe from the elements of course) as part of the memorial.

Good luck with a new little one! That would be awesome. When would these hatchlings be hatched?

oops. Someone posted RECENTLY on another thread about the hatchling and I saw the link to this thread and I missed that she died Sept 2009, not 2010! I guess that's why no one has posted pictures lately. So mods, doesn't make sense to post this or my last post. Thanks.

Oh darn. They posted my mix up anyway. (so embarrassed)
    Oh well, maybe it's a good thing, as it was just the anniversary of her passing and now people can remember her and see her photos all over again.
    RIP Charlie. I'm sure you have been greatly missed!

That's too bad! Maybe an adult will move in soon. We are going to CSS in a little less than a year and looked forward to seeing her. We love CSA but I am looking forward to the wildlife and interesting terrain at CSS. Hopefully there will be a new friend there when we arrive. Either way it should be pretty neat to see those babies hatch!

I never got the pleasure of meeting Charlie but, I still saddened all the same. I do appreciate all the pictures that were posted of her. I do feel that I know her a little bit now. Good luck in finding another to replace her even though can never happen. I also feel that the other turtle whom laid her eggs on Sunset Beach did so for a reason. It's unfortunate that the authorities don't feel the same.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3