Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

oh no! Very sorry to hear this news. I was looking forward to meeting her during our visit to CSS in 3 weeks. Condolences.

Bon voyage Charlie; have a wonderful trip.
    nobody's favorite poster

So sad. She will be missed.

very saddened to hear of her passing, we are returning in November and will miss seeing her on our morning visits to the grotto / mineral pool

Default So sorry

Very sorry to hear the news of Charlie's passing. We were looking forward to meeting him in December. I hope the local folks will find a way to let you relocate one of the neative baby turtles to Charlie's place. We got to see the hatching thing in Mexico once and it was quite a sight. We were talking about going to the grotto to see the AM feedings just before we saw your note.

How sad. I was so hoping to see him in January when we traded places.
    Kristen

And life goes on......rest in peace, Charlie.

Default Oh, no!

My wife and I were married on October 1, 2008 at the gazebo not far from Charlie! We will miss him when we return to Sans Souci on our 1st anniversary.
    Greg and Kimberely Hancock

aww...RIP Charlie!

Those eggs were definitely put there for a reason. I hope you get to keep one and look forward to seeing it in March!

This post actually brought tears to my eyes this morning. RIP Charlie.

Oh my this is truely a sorry day! We look forward to seeing Charlie each and every time we have been to CSS. May she rest in peace.

Denise

How Sad. RIP, Charlie.
    Let us know about the Hatchling(s).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Irie,
    Heather and Tim

wow, this is so sad. Charlie was one of the highlights of our trip last year.

~RIP Charlie

It would be great for everyone to post your pictures of Charlie. Sort of a Message Board Memorial...

Couples Resorts

I never got to meet Charlie, but from reading everyone's accounts of the great turtle, I feel like I knew him. Very sad. I'm crying now and hope a new turtle will be happy in the grotto.

Oh how really sorry we both are. She was part of the family and we will miss her.

Life is strange that you have found some aggs on sunset beach - maybe it is meant to be?

Look after Crackers till we return, after all, Couples is about everything and everyone who cares.

God bless Charlie

Barry & Carole UK

xxx

We will surely miss Charlie when we are at CSS at the end of the month...Here's a picture of when we were there our first time...

We where at CSS for the first time last August. We used to go every day to the sauna room, but before we liked to go to the grotto and see Charlie. It is sad to know that we wont be seen her next year. Our condolences to the Couples family

Apparently we will not be able to transport any of the new hatchlings into Charlie's Grotto. The newborns need a specific diet found only in the ocean and would not survive. Charlie was over 25 years old when she was first found injured on the Sans Souci beach in 1951.

Plan B being discussed.

Couples Resorts

There are no coincidences, Randy, about the sea turtle laying her eggs on Sunset Beach. She KNEW it was a SAFE place.
    God never closes a door without opening a window.
    God bless you Charlie. Rest in peace.
    "Rescuing one dog will not change the world....
    But for that dog the world will be forever changed"
    God bless the rescue babies!
    http://www.AmericanBrittanyRescue.ORG

RIP Charlie, we were blessed to have seen her the first week of the month, attached are some of the pictures that we had. She will be missed.

Default Charlie

When we go to Couples TI we take a visit to see Charlie at CSS --we would bang on the side of the wall and he would come swimming out for us - so sad. I certainly will miss Charlie. Glad a nice memorial will be erected in his memory. He was part of the family for many many years....

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Apparently we will not be able to transport any of the new hatchlings into Charlie's Grotto. The newborns need a specific diet found only in the ocean and would not survive. Charlie was over 25 years old when she was first found injured on the Sans Souci beach in 1951.

Plan B being discussed.
    This is double sad news... but it makes sense.

I would say that Charlie might of died from Loneliness (After all it is a "Couples Resort" ) but from reading all these posts I don't think she was lonely at all.

RIP Charlie

I just saw your tweet at twitter on Charlie. How very sad for us! I am glad I saw her last February. Divine Order is at work with the new turtle eggs on Sunset Beach. A memorial will be a fine tribute to a lady who lived in luxury at CSS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast