Hybrid View

Default CTI - late afternoon sun

We've just recently returned from CTI and had an amazing time there - food was faultless and the staff were amazing. The only thing that leaves a slight niggle with me against returning is the lack of late afternoon/early evening sun.

I was surprised not to have picked up on the message board about it (and maybe I missed it) but due to the direction the beach faces, the width of the beach and the proximity of the building the sun is lost so early in the afternoon. It disappears from the swim up bar pool and a big percentage of the beach not long after 4pm (maybe earlier) leaving a small area by the jacuzzi and small section of the beach everyone crams in to and by 5pm it is totally gone from the main resort and is only left on the island which shuts at 5pm.

I realise that there is nothing that Couples can do about this (other than extend the island hours) but I firstly wanted to advise others who love sitting in the evening sun with a cocktail not to expect to be able to do this very late at CTI and also find out before booking our next trip if this is just an issue in the winter with the sun being lower and find out how late you get the sun in the Summer months as we would love to return to CTI so maybe we just need to pick a different time of year? Also is this an issue at all at CN/CSA/CSS?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Apparently this is only a problem during the winter months.. This comes from what I have read and not witnessed..

Get up earlier, and you can spend just as much time in the sun.

Thanks for you replies and idea!

We are actually early birds, often waiting for the breakfast buffet to open in time to eat and get to golf/scuba or to head to the beach to sit and enjoy the morning sun until the watersports open, living in a place with such a short summer season and cold winter we like to get as much sun as possible on our winter break!

I just happen to particularly enjoy the evening sunshine with a cocktail in hand and my book and really missed this at CTI this winter when by 5pm everyone was heading to their rooms to get ready for dinner... it just seemed very early particularly when we make our reservations to eat for 7.45pm, it would have just been nice to have enjoyed that last hour or so of direct sun and warmth and from 3pm not have all the sun lovers sitting so close to each other in one small area of the beach!

I realise this isn't everyone's preference for their vacation but it is something we enjoy and I just wanted to share my experience in case it was helpful to others/so it didn't surprise them and also I wanted to try and find out how late most the resort gets the sun in the summer months.

Thanks again and I hope for good news about the Summer so we can return then!