Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oh, we're not all that stuffy. You'll love Barbados; it's a fun place. This is great news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Wow that's a shocker. Barbados is the exact opposite of Jamaica. It's prim & proper and dare I say....dressy.
    I did not expect Barbados to be the next Couples island.
    Oh, we're not too stuffy. You'll love Barbados.

Hello,
    Sounds great but......Will it be couples only? Will there be a private AN area???? I hope the answers to both of these questions will be YES!!!!!!!

SuzyQ - Yes, the resort will be changed to Couples Only. No - nudity, even topless, is not accepted on the island of Barbados.

Couples Resorts

That's an interesting choice.

So excited over this news! Been waiting for this to happen for years! I love JA, however, want to explore other destinations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    SuzyQ - Yes, the resort will be changed to Couples Only. No - nudity, even topless, is not accepted on the island of Barbados.
    Sounds great to us!
    The resort looks beautiful.............looking forward to 2014!!!

Randymon,
    This is such awesome and exciting news! Can't wait! Do you have any idea when rates will be out or when the resort will be opened and available to visit? We always go to couples in September or October...Can't wait!!!
    Gabby

This is exciting news! We've been to Barbados 5 times, but never at an AI. We can't wait to go back now that Couples will be there!

Wow! Super excited! We are currently planning a trip to CTI in the fall but wondering if we can switch to "CB" - when will rates/booking info be out?

Amy

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    Flights will be much more restricted than the ones to Jamaica, a lot less choices. Much more travel time, probably add in an overnight to get there before midnight. Check out the flights from your city to BGI to see what I mean, especially for those of us in the Midwest, North & West. Barbados is a really nice Island, maybe not as nice a beach as Negril though. No where near the poverty you see in JA.
    More restricted re flights from the USA perhaps, but much better for us Brits 2014 here we come...!!!!!!!!

Randymon!
    Thank you for your response! I wish the Couples Family great success in Barbados! Since hubby and I love AN, we will be staying with our favorite CSS!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Cant wait to visit

Randymon, when do you expect rates to be published for the Barbados resort, and when do you expect to start taking reservations. We were looking at booking CSA for September 2014, but are now highly interested in trying the new property.

Guess we will be staying in Jamaica

WOW! Awesome! Cant wait! We are already booked for our two trips this year at CSA, but we are going to book 2014 in Barbados. CANT WAIT! So far loving all the new changes the last few months.

Couples Ocho Rios 2005/2006
    CSA 2009/2010/2011/
    2012 x2/2013 x2

I met someone who went there and not much of a beach, kinda of like CTI or CSS. We are CSA people.

This is wonderful news!

For us, the burning question is..."Will there be SCUBA?"

Very interesting when checking airfares with my favorite airline a direct from JFK in NY to Barbados is showing $800.00+ but same airline direct to MBJ is over $1000.00 - go figure. Now what will those rates be for this resort. Will it be in line with CSA or so expensive that it becomes irrelevant???

This is great news. Barbados is a nice island but I'm wondering if there will be any water sports offered. From what I remember you can't get a boat on to this property from the ocean. Will snorkeling, scuba and other water sports be available from another location?
    Also wondering if transportation to and from the airport will be included. I seem to remember there is some agreement (law?) that prohibits transportation to be included in an AI package. Maybe it was just an agreement with the taxi service on the island. I'm sure all the kinks will be worked out by the time Couples re-brands the resort.
    Looking forward to a new Couples location.
    Karon

This is absolutely wonderful. I'd like to try out other Carribean destinations but don't want to give up the amenities I get at couples. I am a bit worried about the cost. From looking at the rates at this resort ( including) before the transition, it looks like it could cost as much as $1k more than couples in Jamaica. I guess we'll have to see where it comes out. Please don't make this into a family resort...then it wouldn't be couples!

Zarafirty - Not sure agree with you.... I think this beach is FAB!

Name:  2013-01-10_073330.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  67.8 KB

Couples Resorts

No quiet “ya mon” from the staff after a thank you?
    No Bob Marley?
    No “It’s not a problem, just a situation”?

The beach looks nice though. Have to think about that one .

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Wow that's a shocker. Barbados is the exact opposite of Jamaica. It's prim & proper and dare I say....dressy.
    I did not expect Barbados to be the next Couples island.
    I believe you are thinking of Bermuda. Barbados is more laid back.

I think some people may be confused as to which property this is. Is it the old Casuarina resort on the south side or is it one of the Almond resorts on the west side, Randy????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast