Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by maitai View Post
    we have been to the Almond Beach Resort on the west coast, and also to the Casuarina resort on the south coast. Which of these is the new "couples" resort in question??
    It's the Almond Casuarina on the south coast.

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    I met someone who went there and not much of a beach, kinda of like CTI or CSS. We are CSA people.
    Not the proposed Couples Barbados property. It has a very large, white-sand beach.

Looks stunning!! Can't wait!

What about scuba diving? Will it be included or keep the outside operation that handles things? Just wondering????
    Beautiful Island...been ther on a cruise but not this resort...however, if Couples has to be GOOD!

Hi all,
    May be in the minority, not sure, but really hope that the Barbados property will remain "couples only" as the other properties are. If this became a family resort, likely would not go as it then could not have the same feeling as the Couples resorts where we have happily stayed. Were it to be Couples only and with the same sort of AI concept as the Jamaica properties, will happily go.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    SuzyQ - Yes, the resort will be changed to Couples Only. No - nudity, even topless, is not accepted on the island of Barbados.
    Wasn't the answer we were looking for, so unfortunately don't think we will ever make it there. Shame really, always liked the idea of going to Barbados.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsduo View Post
    Wasn't the answer we were looking for, so unfortunately don't think we will ever make it there. Shame really, always liked the idea of going to Barbados.
    SuzyQ and Scotsduo.....I agree. While it's fantastic and exciting news to see Couples branch out so we get to see another island while still enjoying everything that Couples offers, the A/N experience is a definite draw. It's an adults only vacation where you can do things and experience things most people wouldn't do "at home". The option just adds to the sensory and romantic experience that is Couples. Adults only - No Kids, No Singles, NO Clothes...aaahhhh No Problem Mon. It's kind of why we have never had an interest in CSA. With that said, I know there are faithful CSA repeaters who don't have an interest in the a/n experience or others who look down upon the a/n crowd and I'm sure this Barbados resort will attract them. Not sure that we just won't return to CTI or CN instead.

But...Congrats Couples on your new endeavor to a new island, I'm sure it will meet and exceed everyones expectations as usual.

Just saw this article.... looks like it won't be long.

Couples to renovate Barbados resort after takeover - Travel Weekly

I'd love to go. I don't do the A/N thing but have nothing against those who do. I will go topless though. But it's not hubby's thing at all.

When will we know about booking this resort for possibly later this year????

Quote Originally Posted by zambam View Post
    SuzyQ and Scotsduo.....I agree. While it's fantastic and exciting news to see Couples branch out so we get to see another island while still enjoying everything that Couples offers, the A/N experience is a definite draw. It's an adults only vacation where you can do things and experience things most people wouldn't do "at home". The option just adds to the sensory and romantic experience that is Couples. Adults only - No Kids, No Singles, NO Clothes...aaahhhh No Problem Mon. It's kind of why we have never had an interest in CSA. With that said, I know there are faithful CSA repeaters who don't have an interest in the a/n experience or others who look down upon the a/n crowd and I'm sure this Barbados resort will attract them. Not sure that we just won't return to CTI or CN instead.

But...Congrats Couples on your new endeavor to a new island, I'm sure it will meet and exceed everyones expectations as usual.
    Agree with you 99% Zambam!!!! The 1% is we choose CSS over CTI/CN

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    I believe you are thinking of Bermuda. Barbados is more laid back.
    Been to both Bermuda & Barbados & got the same vibe from both (although you're right Bermuda is even more so) but to go from Jamaica to Barbados you're going to notice a tremendous difference in attitude from the people.
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Randymon, I know myself as well as other scuba divers who love Couples' are wondering about the Scuba diving inclusions. I've read that we'll only get 2 dives per couple per stay. Just wondering why it's not the same kind of all-inclusive diving option as the resorts in Jamaica?

Firewoman_911:

It is not feasible at this time for us to operate our own dive shop. Hence, we are working through a very reputable company. Simply stated the costs are more expensive in Barbados than Jamaica. We have amended our policy:

3-6 nights: 1 dive per couple or 2 dives total
    7-13 nights: 2 dives per couple or 4 dives total
    14+ nights: 4 dives per couple or 8 dives total

Couples Resorts

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4