Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing

Hi Folks,

My wife and I have been to Tower Isle. The 13th of January, we are heading to Couples Negril. I booked a half day with Stanley's for some deep sea fishing (thoughts of Hemingway)! Has anyone done the same? And how was it? I've drew up around Lake Superior many times so I have no problem with sea sickness, however my wife may be a different story!

My wife and I will be travelling to CN in May and I'm interested to see what responses you get to this post. I wouldn't mind booking a deap sea tour as well. (Also a fellow Yooper

Casey, Not a Yooper, but I've spent plenty of time around the Apostle Islands. I too, think it would be a great way to spend 3 to 4 hours of the day. Lying on the beach is great but it's not often ya have a chance to hook into a tuna or something else off the coast of Jamaica! Hopefully some folks will respond.

We were at CTI last September and booked a Deep Sea Fishing Trip through the resort - did not even have a bite. We really did not investigate - booked last minute. I know there is never any guarantee when it comes to fishing but as like anywhere else check if it is a good time and what they are catching. There are seasons there too.

Good luck!

I booked with them, a few years back. Didn't catch anything but it wasn't for lack of my captain trying., I did a half of a day also, they even kept us out longer just to try and find some fish.
    Service was good and ship was nice, all in all they did all they could to put me on fish. But that's why it's called fishing and not catching!!

We were at CSA in December and did the half day with Stanleys. We wound up with 7 tuna. It sounds like catching tuna is most common. We had 4 of us on the boat (3 guys and myself) and 2 wound up sick. I was not one of them though, I'm proud to say! This was on their smaller boat, not sure if there would be different results on the larger boat.

Melissa

We have a 1/2 day booked next month for the guys. I will report back

Just wondering what the fishing is like in Oct., Nov. Would really like to try this. Have been a Fisherman my whole life.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

How much does it cost to do a half day and do you have to reserve before you get there??

We just returned. Half day is $250.00 for a couple. We went out about 8 miles. Captain & first mate were fantastic. We got into a scool of Tuna and caught 13 between 5 of us. A hell of alot of fun. Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing.

Casey, when will you be going in May. My husband and I are going May 11-18 and he was looking at going out, but we were going to look for another couple to get on a boat that holds 4, but I have to warn you, I am not exactly the best deep sea fishing partner . I have only been once though and the water was rough, so looking for a much better experience!!

Thanks arago that helps in the planning

Default Fishing at CN

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    Just wondering what the fishing is like in Oct., Nov. Would really like to try this. Have been a Fisherman my whole life.
    Still wondering?
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by arago View Post
    We just returned. Half day is $250.00 for a couple. We went out about 8 miles. Captain & first mate were fantastic. We got into a scool of Tuna and caught 13 between 5 of us. A hell of alot of fun. Stanley's Deep Sea Fishing.

Can you tell me a bit about how you booked this? Was it through the resort or Stanley's directly? Did you book before you went down there or call a day or two ahead kind of thing? Also, did they provide any beverages and snacks or did you pack a backpack?

THANKS!

I am also interested in booking a trip for Bob. (He shared a trip last March, not sure of the company because I didn't make the arrangements. They didn't catch anything but they had a great time.)

Would anyone be interested in sharing a charter? We will be at CTI March 19-26 this year.

I booked directly thru Stanley's from home prior to out leaving for Jamaica. I did that via email (which is on thier site). You will probably hear back from Liz. I just requested a 1/2 day morning run for the 2 of us on a Thursday. Liz did not need a deposit. She stated to be at our lobby at 6:45 am. Liz picked us up personally and it was only maybe a 7 minute drive to where the boat leaves (moored on 7 mile beach). We paid Liz on the beach and off we went with one other couple and a single fellow. All very nice and enthusiastic! On board (on ice) is pop, water and Red Stripe Mon. It is almost like hunting rather than fishing as you are looking for flocks of gulls which could point you to a school of fish. About 8 miles out we had paydirt (birds pointed the way) and got into a school of tuna. It was fast and furious with more than on strike at a time. We once had three of us reeling! We really were lucky because we were at about the point of turning around to get back for the captains next group. The Captain and first mate are wonderful and all was taken care of. Any other questions let me know. We tipped them both.

ARGGGG, just realized that you were probably at CN and I'll be at CSS - doesn't look like we can participate in Stanley's deep sea fishing, as it is based out of Negril. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience in terms of deep sea fishing excursions out of Ochi?
    THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arago View Post
    I booked directly thru Stanley's from home prior to out leaving for Jamaica. I did that via email (which is on thier site). You will probably hear back from Liz. I just requested a 1/2 day morning run for the 2 of us on a Thursday. Liz did not need a deposit. She stated to be at our lobby at 6:45 am. Liz picked us up personally and it was only maybe a 7 minute drive to where the boat leaves (moored on 7 mile beach). We paid Liz on the beach and off we went with one other couple and a single fellow. All very nice and enthusiastic! On board (on ice) is pop, water and Red Stripe Mon. It is almost like hunting rather than fishing as you are looking for flocks of gulls which could point you to a school of fish. About 8 miles out we had paydirt (birds pointed the way) and got into a school of tuna. It was fast and furious with more than on strike at a time. We once had three of us reeling! We really were lucky because we were at about the point of turning around to get back for the captains next group. The Captain and first mate are wonderful and all was taken care of. Any other questions let me know. We tipped them both.
    What do you do with the fish you catch?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

are there any charters out of CTI? how much for a couple for a half day?

I would have loved to bring back one of the tuna to grill up at the resort, but we left them all with the crew. You are welcome however to bring what you'd like back to the resort. Believe me, they don't go to waste!

How would you grill them up at the resort? That's what had me confused. Give them to the chefs?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I was going to ask if you can bring a fish back. I had read somewhere that someone had brought one back and the chef cooked it for them. That would be so awesome! I know my husband would get a kick out of it! Who do we need to talk to about bringing one back? The guys have a private charter scheduled the morning of the 13th with Stanley's.

Ask the folks at Couples....

My husband and I stayed at CN for our honeymoon October 2012. We booked directly through Stanley's and picked the Changing Winds half day charter. We were lucky enough to catch a marlin and a dolphin but honestly the friendly crew, great boat ride, and refreshing red stripe would have been enough to make the trip worthwhile. We asked the front desk about bringing back fish and were told the chef would cook a special meal for us and we could pick the restaurant (at no extra cost!). We ended up bring back the dolphin and it was nothing short of spectacular - so, so very tasty! I would highly recommend going

Just so folks don't get in an uproar over someone eating a "dolphin", jlrdu is referring to dolphinfish, also known as mahi mahi, one of the best tasting fish in the ocean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast