Thread: CSA catamaran

Hybrid View

Default CSA catamaran

Can someone tell me about the catamaran trip? How long is it? Where does it go? I'm assuming there is a bar onboard. We are traveling next month with friends all of us are late 20s / early 30s so it sounds like its something we might like.

You will love it! The whole trip is about 2 hours. You sail south along the coast down to Rick's Cafe where the cliff divers are. You will also stop for some swimming at a cove with a cave cut into it. They have life vests if you want them and you can go into one of the caves that is about 60 feet deep. You can touch bottom in there. The catamaran has beer and rum punch being served the whole trip with reggae music playing. It also has a slide on the side of the boat to shoot out into the water when you stop at the caves. Be a daredevil and go head first! Lots of fun so book it early. Wear your bathing suit, bring a camera to take shots along the way, and have a few dollars to tip the crew. They are not Couples employees.

Its 2 or so hours. You sail to west end/cliffs. Sop by Ricks to watch cliff divers. You stop to swim in caves...which is pretty amazing

Yes bar on board with rum punch and beer. Music. Sometimes even vendors selling stuff. Its a great time.

These are not couples employees so you can tip both the bar and the crew.

The cat goes out to the cliffs of Negril. There is a stop near the caves where everyone is welcome to go swimming. If you have snorkel gear, bring it, because the snorkeling is pretty good here. There is also a fun slide that you can use to enter the water. There is booze on board (complimentary). This is one of the few places where you CAN tip the crew, as they are not Couples employees. The ladies might want to bring a light coverup for the ride back at sunset. It always feels chilly to me once the sun starts setting and we are on the water. The trip is about 2 1/2 hours total.

Great fun. You have to wade out to the boat and then you have about a 2 hour cruise getting back at sunset. This is an open bar onboard (nickname is the booze cruise) and since these people aren't Couple employees you will want to tip them. The do make it a lot of fun.

What are the days for the CAT Cruise from CSA? I thought it used to be on the activities schedule, but they have changed it and now I don't see it listed at all on either of the 2 new schedules.

Thanks,

Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by TomandCindy View Post
    What are the days for the CAT Cruise from CSA? I thought it used to be on the activities schedule, but they have changed it and now I don't see it listed at all on either of the 2 new schedules.

Thanks,

Cindy
    On the Inclusions and Activities page scroll down to the bottom to see the link to the activities schedule.

Great cant wait!

it's still on the activity schedule for CSA but it's in a strange place, look at each day on the same list with the nature tour etc. and you will find it, sorry can't remember all of the days it's offerred but I know it's listed on Saturday because that's the night we are going

Been there 4 times and I am pretty sure it goes out every day

Just returned... does not go out on Sundays and Thursdays, 2 -2.5 hrs long, need to prebook and get a voucher to get on board at 3:15pm.... and is a blast! We loved this! The driver is great fun! Wear your bathing suit ( have to wade out to boat about waiste high water) and lots of sunscreen. And dont forget your camera!