Default Tell me what you love about CN - Put mind at ease

I know I picked the right brand. We got married at CTI last year, and wanted to try one of the resorts in Negril, so we're booked to stay May 28th through June 6th at CN. Now, I know this is silly, but I keep catching myself kind of wishing we had picked CSA. Mostly, I'm thinking about how many more bars and restaurants there are at CSA, and how people say you can walk to see more on seven mile beach. I didn't choose it though because it seemed very sports oriented, and my husband and I are not really into that. Also, if this is useful, I'm 28 and my husband is 34. Tell me what you love about CN and maybe I can stop worrying over this and get excited again!

Also, I heard they even took the duvets off the beds at CN. Is this true? I know Couples is not about luxury rooms, but I'm getting worried about the state of the rooms at CN.

Thanks! : )

The beach at CN is GREAT. You can still walk a very long way at CN if you want a long walk and can see some of the local flavor as you walk north. The great thing about CN is the layout. All rooms a close to the resturants and lobby area. Also the beach is a short stroll from any of the rooms. We never spent much time in the pool but other reviews say CN has the best pool of all Couples resorts.

The rooms and beds at CN are fine. We are returning May 17, 2013 for 8 nights for our 3rd stay at CN. After a full day on the beach and a good dinner, I always slept like a baby and was ready to rise, sit on my balcony and watch the resort come to life the next morning. You will have a great vacation.

Hi axmh1985,
    We've never been to CN, only to CTI (1) & CSA (3), but rest assured you're going to have a wonderful time. My advice is to relax and go with an open mind. I've always read too much on the message board before our trips and ended up worrying for no reason at all. There are CN fans out there who won't go to any other Couples resort, so they can't be wrong. Since you aren't sports people, lying on the beach or around the pool will make your trip. I've always read that the food and service are good at CN so what else could you ask for? As far as the room goes, how long do you really expect to spend there? We just usually sleep, shower and change then off to enjoy the resort. And if you're really interested in CSA do the trading places thing one day. We were going to do that this past trip with CN but sand gravity caught us and we never did make it over there. So relax and enjoy your time counting down the days until you're in Paradise!
    Steve

What do I love about CN? EVERYTHING!! The staff is wonderful. They go out of their way to make you feel special and honestly try to make your every wish come true. I love CN because it is small enough that you can get to everything easily. They fold the duvets to the end of the bed as part of the turn-down service. the pool bar and pool are very social areas. You will have a wonderful time. Also, remember that if you sign up for Romance Rewards, you can visit CSA for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by axmh1985 View Post
    I know I picked the right brand. We got married at CTI last year, and wanted to try one of the resorts in Negril, so we're booked to stay May 28th through June 6th at CN. Now, I know this is silly, but I keep catching myself kind of wishing we had picked CSA. Mostly, I'm thinking about how many more bars and restaurants there are at CSA, and how people say you can walk to see more on seven mile beach. I didn't choose it though because it seemed very sports oriented, and my husband and I are not really into that. Also, if this is useful, I'm 28 and my husband is 34. Tell me what you love about CN and maybe I can stop worrying over this and get excited again!

Also, I heard they even took the duvets off the beds at CN. Is this true? I know Couples is not about luxury rooms, but I'm getting worried about the state of the rooms at CN.

The service at CN is much better than CSA.
    The red flag system at CN works where the green flag system at CN did not.
    The beach vendors are a lot less aggressive at CN than CSA.
    CN is on a beautiful beach with plenty of beach chairs (unlike CSA where you must seek out chairs on a mission)
    You can book a trading places visit to CSA.

I can't remember if the duvet was there last time we went to CN (February 2012) but we always throw it off anyway, we never need it on at night. The rooms are not amazing luxury but they're fine, clean and comfortable, and to be honest we're only in our room to sleep and get ready for dinner.

We've been to CN 9 times, CSA once and are booked back at CN in February 2013. We tried CSA for a change a few years ago, and I know a lot of people love it, but for us, it was definitely CN. We prefer the compactness of the resort, especially at meal times when trying to choose a restaurant! The food is terrific and we just love the vibe. Every time we go back "home", Couples have made some more improvements, refurbishments or additions.

I too thought I would love walking the beach at CSA, but in fact it didn't really bother me. We are quite happy to walk the length of Bloody Bay beach, which as a round trip is plenty long enough for us personally.

Overall, we did enjoy our stay at CSA (and we loved the cocktail bar and the lap pool), but our hearts are at CN. I'm sure you'll have a great time at either resort. For the record, we are Brits who started going to Couples in 2005 when we were both 30.

First of all, remember this is COUPLES. It is all good. You will love CN. We have been to both CSA and CN. We love them both. Take a trading spaces day and spend it at CSA. We do this every year and we enjoy CSA for the day but we love getting back to CN. CSA is not really a sports oriented place since the sports stuff is across the street. We like CN because it is easy to get to know other people but you can also be alone if you want.We will be there around the same time as you. They have a fabulous 4th of July party. You will absolutely LOVE the beach and the people and the room. Go to CSA the next year if you want but be very excited about CN!

Default No worries

Quote Originally Posted by axmh1985 View Post

My wife and are heading back for another visit to CN this February because we can't imagine having a better experience. We are beach people and the beach is magical. The water is clear, warm and calm. Service is exceptional, food very good and we had fun every night at the piano bar. We never left the resort. We also love the peace and quiet on the A/N side. The rooms are average but clean and we rarely spent any time there so it met our expectations. Relax and enjoy CN.