Default Can other beer aside from Red Stripe be requested in mini bar?

Hi there- I am just wondering if other beer can be stocked in the mini bar? I like Red Stripe but I prefer other brands instead.

Um, yeah. I was wondering how long it would take for this question to be asked after the recent Red Stripe announcement.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for. Have a great trip regardless!

Hi Irishkim, The only other beer we've ever had in our mini bar at CSA was Carib in the can. Good luck getting anything else.
    Steve

I'm sure you can get all the Caribe you want, lol.

just Caribe

Not that I hate Red Stripe but I was just wondering if there were other options. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Um, yeah. I was wondering how long it would take for this question to be asked after the recent Red Stripe announcement.

Hope you get the answers you are looking for. Have a great trip regardless!
    I don't understand why some of you die hards scoff at anybody who wishes to have a beer other than Red Stripe? I love Jamaica and I go to Couples every year just like a lot of you. I happen to hate red stripe. I like Michelob but I could at least tolerate the Miller Lite that was avaiable. I enjoyed having the Miller Lite as an option(was not in mini bar but you could get cans at the bars)and now I hear that this option has been taken away also. I paid more per night this year than ever yet unless I will drink red stripe I have no other choice in beer. I guess I will find out how big of a deal this really is in 24 days and make my decision about next year then. Remember, just because you love something does not mean that everybody else does. I love brussel sprouts, not many others do and I am fine with that. Thanks for listening everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by EricW View Post
    I don't understand why some of you die hards scoff at anybody who wishes to have a beer other than Red Stripe? I love Jamaica and I go to Couples every year just like a lot of you. I happen to hate red stripe. I like Michelob but I could at least tolerate the Miller Lite that was avaiable. I enjoyed having the Miller Lite as an option(was not in mini bar but you could get cans at the bars)and now I hear that this option has been taken away also. I paid more per night this year than ever yet unless I will drink red stripe I have no other choice in beer. I guess I will find out how big of a deal this really is in 24 days and make my decision about next year then. Remember, just because you love something does not mean that everybody else does. I love brussel sprouts, not many others do and I am fine with that. Thanks for listening everybody.
    Wow, I don't think I could think of any kind of beer or booze that would actually make me reconsider returning to all that CSA has to offer. The beach,the water, the food, the people, the whole paradise vibe. Just my humble opinion.

Eric, we hear you. We also are not fond of Red Stripe ( being Canadian we prefer real beer! ). Most other islands we have been to usually carry Heineken, as an option, but we don't come to Swept Away for the beer. We can drink beer anywhere, but as for everything else the resort offers, that's what keeps us coming back....looking forward to our 18th visit in a couple of months.

EricW:

Apparently my attempt at humor was too deeply shrouded in irony to be recognizable, my bad.

There was a long thread not long ago that went on and on about how much of a deal breaker it would be for some "die hards" if they could not get Red Stripe beer in their mini-bar. The fact that your question of whether or not some other beer besides Red Stripe was available just struck me as too good to pass on without comment taking into account the special announcement only a few weeks ago that Red Stripe is now stocked in the mini-bars. Sorry you misunderstood my point.

And in my own defense, I am not a "die hard" of any sort. Beer or not makes no difference to me either way. I am not pining for anything beyond what is provided by the folks at Couples. I am not picky, I will not complain about brands of beer, liquor, mixers, cigars or anything else . As long as the beach, the ocean and the sun are still in good supply I will be as happy at CSA this year as I have been in years past.

Have a great trip, where ever you wind up! I hope you find your beer of choice on ice, in place and in sufficient quantity to make your vacation acceptable and enjoyable.

I hate Red Stripe! But while in Jamaica I will drink it! I also feel that the beer can't be watered down so I probably would drink Red Stripe! That is the only reason I asked!

We recently returned from CSS and had both Carib and Red Stripe in our fridge during different times of the week (started with Carib but was Red Stripe by my request later in the week). Both were without charge. There were other brews (Heineken and Miller Lite for sure and perhaps Guinness), that was available for a cost. I think it was $4 per.

Enjoy your trip.

At CTI they only have Red Stripe available in bottles for the mini bar and Heineken in bottles in the Paino bar. They no longer have Caribe, Guiness, Miller lite, or Red Stripe light in bottles avaible on the resort. Staff tell me it was a decision to cut back from new management.

I love it when fans of a fizzy yellow beer say they can not drink another brand of fizzy yellow beer. I guarantee in a blind tast test most of you could not distinguish one from the other. Go on You Tube and watch the people try. Funny as all get out. And yes, I even mean you Canadians who seem to think they have "real" beer.

I remember @ CN 2 years ago, Miller Lite cans were flying out of the fridge faster than I could count. I was one of those enjoying it BTW. While I agree Red Stripe is better than Caribe, it kind of reminds me of Labatt's Blue here in Canada which is drinkable but certainly nothing to write home about. Beer type is not a big deal for me down there either. I drink some micro-brew beer at home enough anyhow. I like to try different mixed drinks down there that they make as well as a few Bob Marley's to get you going after breakfast!

Speaking of a great drink especially for the ladies that gained a bit of popularity the week we were at CN that I asked the bartender (Franklin I think) for @ the pool bar: The Uppercut. Simply made it's just 3 parts O.J. and 1 part Amaretto mixed. As a shot, you carefully drop a shot glass of Amaretto into a whiskey glass of O.J on Ice. Then drink it quick letting the 2 liquids combine on the way down. Tastes just like a Maraschino Cherry! Ask them to mix one up for the wife. Guaranteed she likes it!

Cheers!

Chris and Lesley

2 years ago at CN I was able to get Miller Lite.

If they put Miller Lite back, I'd be a happy camper, if not, I'll tolerate the Red Stripe beer.

When in Rome... as I always say

Mmmmmmm.......Love that ice cold Red Stripe in a bottle. I'm pretty excited that they stock it now in the mini-bar. "Only" 323 days and a wake-up until our return to CSA!!!!

Bring back miller lt........plz ......just in piano bar would be ok.

Any recent guests want to chime in? I like red stripe and me and the wife are more beer drinkers than anything else. She'll of course have her fair share of humming birds, miami vices, and some wine with the nicer dinners, etc. But the majority of our consumption is beer. She mostly sticks to Miller Lite here at home and that was fantastic that they had it at both CTI and CN on our previous visits. She does not care for Red Stripe.

So, can someone confirm whether Red Stripe is now the ONLY beer option? What about Red Stripe Light?

I must agree and laugh with jimpat1 regarding the fizzy water-esqe beer that some consider to be "good" beer and those that scoff at one type versus another - it's all really the same IMO. It's Jamaica, Red Stripe is from Jamaica so why would they want to give revenue to a beverage company that wasn't Jamaican?

I would be in the next stage of heaven if they would offer a hefeweizen, IPA or hell even a red or a scotch ale... something with a depth of flavor and compexity that can truely call itself a beer! Hell even though it is mid-80's I would still consider having a porter or an Imperial Stout! When we return in December I've thought about, depending on the laws, bringing my own homebrew to enjoy on the sands of 7 mile beach...

With that being said.... back on topic. I will drink Red Stripe while I'm in country without blinking. It can be considered refreshing for what it is. We were there mid-December and didn't see Red Stripe light being offered at all. Consider this, Red Stripe is already SO light and a thin lager at that, are people fooling themselves and thinking the bottle saying "Light" makes a substantial difference? Only other mini-bar option was Carib. Cheers!

10 days to go and I'll drink whatever they put in front of me if it means getting away from here, 6 degrees today brr!!!

We have about 120 more days and its cold here too! Got down to 43 today with a high of 63. Have some and save a drink for us!

I love the "real beer" comment from Americas top hat. Just kidding @maitai, I totally agree with you.

I'm also on board with @bricks41, I wouldn't turn down a nice hefeweizen on the beach.

Lets all try and support the local beer. You go to Ireland, you drink Guinness. You go to the Bahamas, you drink Kalik, you go to Mexico you drink tequila (not Corona). Much like your Miller Lite, there is brilliant marketing behind Corona to make you believe that it is good beer.

Hooray Beer!