Default A newbie with some questins..CN/CSA?

Hi all- new to this board and also to all inclusives. My huband and I are cruisers but want to book an AI for a milestone celebration vacation in January 2014. We are interested in CN/CSA and I have a few questions:

1. Can we order a bottle of wine at dinner? Or is it only by the glass?
    2. Can we get to Ricks and Margaritaville by resort transportation or do we have to do that on our own?
    3. How late do the bars stay open at night? Which resort has more nightlife?
    4. How easy it is to split our stay at both places? In otherwords would they be one booking/ reservation? Would transport to other be provided?
    Thanks in advance.

Happy vacation! -Kim

You are going to love resort living compared to cruises. We had been on a couple cruises and loved them, but to be able to relax, eat, and drink and have lots of things to do if you want to right there in the same beautiful place just can't be beat. You can truly relax because you aren't showing up at different locations everyday. Good luck deciding. We love CSA, but CN is great too.

Hi Kim,

Welcome to the Couples family! CN and CSA are awesome resorts and a split between them is a great choice. We'll try to answer your questions:
    - They typically serve wine by the glass but you can order a bottle if you'd like (there are wines you can purchase other than the included house wines).
    2. Can we get to Ricks and Margaritaville by resort transportation or do we have to do that on our own?
    - There are shuttles on certain days to Rick's and Margaritaville though you can always take a taxi there if you'd like.
    - The bars (CN-Piano Bar, CSA-Aura Nightclub) typically stay open till the last person leaves with CSA's usually closing later.
    - CSA has more diversity in their nightlife with "theme nights" at Aura.
    4. How easy it is to split our stay at both places?
    - It is so incredibly easy. Each resort is treated as a seperate booking and transportation is provided between Couples Resorts (be sure to sign up for Romance Rewards
    so you'll be able to get the benefits at each).
    Hope this answers your questions and that you enjoy your first Couples Resort stay!

1, House wine at dinner is by the glass at NO charge. You may order bottles at dinner but there will be an extra charge to your room if other than a house wine.
    2. From Swept Away Margaritaville is just a 10 minute beach walk, not sure from Couples Negril
    3. Swept away offers a trip to Ricks Cafe for a charge leaving at 4 returning at 7
    4.not sure about splitting your reservation but I' m sure if you call the 800 # they can help you decide what would be better for you! Each has their own night life and having only stayed at Swept Away I can' t say what Negrils is like
    Good luck in whatever you do decide, you won' t be disappointed whichever you chose!

Thanks for all your responses and making me feel welcome. You will be hearing a lot from me as I am a nut for research building up the a vacation. Makes it that much more exciting.

Thanks for the info..my apologies for my misspelling of question in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie56 View Post
    3. Swept away offers a trip to Ricks Cafe for a charge leaving at 4 returning at 7
    This is true, but don't make the same mistake we made. There is a Ricks excursion and a Ricks + Shopping Excursion from CSA. My wife and one friend wanted to shop, but our other friend and I didn't, so we asked if we could all meet up at Ricks. While we were able to do this, the group that went shopping had to leave Ricks MUCH earlier than the non-shopping group.

That said, we all agreed that an hour at Rick's would have been plenty. We feel no need to go back.

Margaritaville, on the other hand, we plan to visit again.

Quote Originally Posted by irishkim814 View Post
    Hi all- new to this board and also to all inclusives. My huband and I are cruisers but want to book an AI for a milestone celebration vacation in January 2014. We are interested in CN/CSA and I have a few questions:

4. How easy it is to split our stay at both places? In other words would they be one booking/ reservation? Would transport to other be provided?
    1. Yes you can, although few people seem to in my experience. The house wine (by the glass) is perfectly drinkable, but if you're both real wine buffs, you might want to order a bottle.
    2. Don't know, sorry.
    3. The piano bar at each hotel stays open until the last person leaves.
    4. A split stay would be pretty straightforward. The resorts are only a mile or two apart, so you could just get a taxi between the two for a few dollars.