Hybrid View

Default What do you love about the couples brand vs other All Inclusive brands?

Hi-A newbie here on this board and a newbie to all-inclusives. I have posted a few threads on here in my research for a January 2014 "milestone" vacation. (boohoo that I have to wait that long)
    Anyway, I have been comparing (mostly on TA) between couples and another all-inclusive (that shall remain nameless) and find that the comments are much more positive for Couples Resorts.
    I am wondering if others have been to other AI's (mainly in Jamaica) and what they love about Couples in comparison.
    Happy New Year and safe travels! -Kim (PS we are considering CN or CSA for our trip)

Quote Originally Posted by irishkim814 View Post
    Hi-A newbie here on this board and a newbie to all-inclusives. I have posted a few threads on here in my research for a January 2014 "milestone" vacation. (boohoo that I have to wait that long)
    Anyway, I have been comparing (mostly on TA) between couples and another all-inclusive (that shall remain nameless) and find that the comments are much more positive for Couples Resorts.
    I am wondering if others have been to other AI's (mainly in Jamaica) and what they love about Couples in comparison.
    Happy New Year and safe travels! -Kim (PS we are considering CN or CSA for our trip)
    Well, here in no particular order, are our reasons for choosing Couples:

The food is outstanding
    The rooms are just like they show on the website
    If you arent happy, they make you happy quickly!
    No one tries to sell you your next vacation while you are ON vacation!
    No tipping means NO tipping
    You are not a room number, you are a guest with a name!
    Everyone is treated the same no matter what room they are in
    You cant purchase better service at Couples
    You put your wallet in the safe when you arrive and take it out when you leave. Period.
    No one has a megaphone or a ghetto blaster.
    They dont try to pour your drinks from the cheap stuff under the bar when you arent looking. Its the real stuff all the time and its real fruit, not syrup.
    The staff are genuinely sad to see you go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Well, here in no particular order, are our reasons for choosing Couples:

The food is outstanding
    The rooms are just like they show on the website
    If you arent happy, they make you happy quickly!
    No one tries to sell you your next vacation while you are ON vacation!
    No tipping means NO tipping
    You are not a room number, you are a guest with a name!
    Everyone is treated the same no matter what room they are in
    You cant purchase better service at Couples
    You put your wallet in the safe when you arrive and take it out when you leave. Period.
    No one has a megaphone or a ghetto blaster.
    They dont try to pour your drinks from the cheap stuff under the bar when you arent looking. Its the real stuff all the time and its real fruit, not syrup.
    The staff are genuinely sad to see you go home.
    Excellent post, Marnies, you hit the nail on the head for me. I only have one more thing to add. All of the inclusions that Couples provides is not matched by any other resort and therefore, Couples provides far superior value for your money.

Hey Kim. So glad you are checking these message boards because they are full of helpful information. As far as your question.....I think Couples is more personal that the S resorts and other large chain resorts. Also, everyone gets treated the same and gets the same amenities as everyone else. At most resorts the more you pay the more you get. At Couples the cheapest room and the most expensive room doesn't matter. Everyone is there to relax, have fun and be with the one you love. I love it! It feels very homey.

And CSA has the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. It like a small Caribbean village and is very romantic and has great food and bar choices. Good luck deciding. I'm sure you'll end up at at Couples because the reviews will show you that it's the best. Let us know what you decide.

irishkim814, You are looking in the right place. The staff is top notch, they truly try their very best to make your trip the best it can be. I have not found a staff as warm and friendly as Couples employees. The food is awesome, and lots of it. Activities if you so choose, Au Natural areas, great people and in my opinion, money well spent.
    We will be going to CTI in April and this will just be only our third trip but maybe some of the people who have been over 30 times to Couples can chime in as well. You WILL love it!

We spent several vacations with a prime competitor and thought they were wonderful. Then we tried our first Couples (CN). We liked it so much that the following year we returned to CN with 2 other couples. This year we will try CSS.

The biggest reason is the staff. Unbelievably nice, friendly, accommodating! We feel pampered without being in a stuffy, formal environment. In our experience the food has been excellent. We appreciate that things like the catamaran cruise and Dunn's River Falls are included in the price. Most importantly, we like that all guests are treated equally and entitled to the same privileges without regard to room category.

I always thought it was "weird" that people returned to a given resort over and over as we've always enjoyed travelling to different places. Now I understand!! We will be sticking with Couples.

There is no comparison between Couples all inclusive, and any other AI resorts. Even though I have not been to any other AI resorts in Jamaica, I know many couples that have and their reports always say the same thing. That is, there is no comparison. You would expect the food, drinks, entertainment and more, would be great at any AI resort. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. You will find that the four Couples resorts are far superior to any other resort. Whether in Jamaica or anywhere else. The biggest difference at Couples is the staff. They are far above any other, anywhere. And the more you return, the more you are treated like family, not just another returning couple. Their smiles and hospitality will make your vacation a very unique experience. If there is anything a guest wants or needs while you are there, they will go out of their way to solve any problems that may arise, or find whatever it is that you may want.
    I can say this with complete confidence, as I am a long time repeater to CTI. Our next trip this coming April will be our 35. That should tell you something right there. From the very first visit back in 1995, and every subsequent visit, it just keeps getting better and better. Each Couples property has its own charm, character and ambiance. If you ask anyone that has ever been to Couples, what makes it so special, they will all say that it is the treatment that the staff gave to them.

Even though you aren't going until 2014, the excitement will begin long before that. Stay on the MB and you will see what I mean.

Welcome to the Couples family.

Richie

Weve been to one other all-inclusive in Jamaica before we discovered Couples. Since then we only go to Couples when going to Jamaica. We have visited other destinations and have been to AI resorts in Mexico, Cuba, Turks & Caicos, Costa Rica and Aruba, as well as non-AI in Hawaii and the Caribbean. What sets Couples apart for us is primarily the people. While the other resorts certainly have their pros like good locations, nice beaches, decent food, etc. not one place weve ever been to even comes remotely close to the staff and friendly service at Couples. Not to say people arent friendly elsewhere, but the people at Couples will chat and get to know you, and you them. When you leave its hard to say goodbye. Its just a whole different vibe there.

Although I love children, we have been to a AI in Negril which did allow children. Our travel was in February, and the children were not of school age, or American. Having said that they were well behaved. However, I think it did put a dampner on how they might perceive "adults" behaving concerning the alcohol.(?) Make sure the other AI's you are considering are for adults only.

The other major factor for us was feeling special with Couples. Having been to two of them, someone in the staff will remember your name and say hi to you every time they see you. We are somewhat quiet individuals, but after my husband played beach volleyball, the entertainment director upon seeing him would call him "Mr. Wilson".

We personally like the smaller AI's. There are several in Montego Bay that have great rooms, food, located on the beach, however I felt I was in school/collage the way you have to stand in line for buffet dinners, or even the evening meal.

Last but not least, it seems like the vacationers have a friendly air about them. It seems more easy to make new friends, not as loud, not rushed.

If, in the rear chance you do have an issue, it is taken care of promptly.

Yes, it is slightly more costly, but, you get what you pay for, pampering to the max! Save you money, Couples is the way to go!

1) And it's obvious.....everybody is a couple (no crazy drunk people there just to find a new hook-up every night). 2) No kids (and I'm a preschool teacher who loves kids....I just don't want to spend my vacation with them). 3) The service is exceptional. 4) The drinks are quality. 5) The food is great. 6) The beach is kept immaculate!
    We have been to CN twice. Our daughter and SIL honeymooned at CSA. Our best friend's son honeymooned at CTI. I think they would all agree the same goes for the other properties. We'll be staying at CSS in March and I expect nothing less from them

We had gone to the S brand for our Honeymoon in the Bahamas after we got married at CSA (2004). What a let down THAT was and they messed up so many things, we got a free 3 night stay. So in 2006, we opted to go to their resort in Negril first and then booked CN for the second half of our vacation. Honestly, I couldn't wait to get to CN (though the S resort in Negril was okay... better than the one in the Bahamas!). It was a bit awkward having the S resort take us to CN.

At the S resorts, it's all about the pools (I swear no one was on the beach) and entertainment as in, dragging you away from your lounge chair to play some sort of dorky game and constantly talking over their loud speaker system. Just felt like more of a college/high school type environment and wasn't impressed with the food at all.

I loved the feel of the Couples resorts. It was more romantic and laid back. Food has been good as well as the excursions, etc.
    We are finally coming back (going to CSS to try another shore) after a long absence. Can't wait for March 16th!

What I love about Couples, is that its corporate identity is not rammed down my throat, unlike at another chain.

We started our AI adventures with a different resort. Once we stayed at Couples, we are hooked. In our first trip to the other resort, we were standing outside a restaurant while the hostess explained that the empty tables were reserved (during the repeat quest dinner-only 4 tables were actually occupied). We were informed that if we expected to dine in the restaurants, we should use the butler level or at least the concierge level. Talk about being made to feel less than worthy! We sort of took their advice and just found a different brand - Couples. I don't miss 4 poster beds or marble (of course that really was only avail. in the upper levels). What we get at Couples is respect, wonderful service with smiles, delicious food, killer drinks, and as little or as much activity as you want. We do like to go to different places, but until I see twisted palms I'm not interested!

We have been to 3 other AI's in Jamaica besides Couples. We have chosen to go back to Couples for the 8th year in a row because YOU ARE FAMILY THERE. We have seen many of the same staff that remember us by name...and that is not because we were "memorable". We also like that a bunch of "drunks" don't hang by the bar making it impossible to get a drink. I think in all the years I have gone the wait was 3 minutes at the bar. Headed back in early April 2013....can't wait to see our family.

Two words: customer service. I've been to all-inclusives all over the Caribbean, and I've never been treated so well anywhere else. When everybody else says they're going "home" to Couples, they aren't exaggerating. The staff at Couples resorts are absolutely top-notch, warm and friendly people. Granted, it helps that the food is great and the beach (at least at Couples Negril) is fantastic... but crabby staff can ruin an experience, and I've never had that at Couples.

Wifey and I have been to 5 different resorts in Jamaica including the "B" resort, the "H" resort, the "R.D." resort, the "Pink Palace" in Ochi(don`t even know what it`s called now)and the "G.L(Sans Souci)" since 2002. Couples bought Sans Souci shortly after our visit in 2002. Had problems with all these resorts. Overbooked, food not very good, bad service or no service at all without a tip. Took some convincing to get Wifey to give Jamaica one more try. In 2010 we decided to try Couples. WOW! What a difference. Three trips and never one complaint except that damn sand gravity. Helped but not cured by planting a red flag in said sand. The one time we had a problem with "C Tours" and the manager at CN got involved and got us a full refund. What a nice lady. I think her name was Karen? Now that`s service. That meant a lot to us. Only 285 more days til home.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Hard to add to the above comments! But... have stayed at CSA and CSS. Both equal quality for inclusions, food, service, cleanliness, etc.. However, they each have a very distinct "feel". CSA is flat and spread over a spectacular beach, with it's great sport centre and spa over the road. CSS is set into a hillside, with rooms terraced along the cove, and lots of hidden walkways and "surprises" (hammock, jacuzzi, etc) along the way. Sport facilities and spa facilities are scattered around the resort, with spa treatments in private open-air cottages overlooking the sea. So, it's not like going to a chain where everything feels the same wherever you go.

Also, the management seem to treat the team members better at Couples than at some other big chains. Better working conditions make for better employee attitudes, and that shows! CSS especially has the GM walking around and interacting with guests and staff regularly, and he always talked to the team members as if they were valued family members - not "servants". (I have seen that at other resort chains.) Another interesting point is that some Jamaican guests we met said that at some resorts (S and others), they were treated as "second class" once people found they were from Jamaica - even though they were a lovely couple and paying guests. They said they loved Couples as everyone is treated equally. I was astounded - it never would have entered my mind that a Jamaican paying guest was different than any other guest - but they said they had been treated miserably elsewhere. Shocking. As such, I would then not want to pay any of MY hard-earned money to a company that didn't treat all guests equally, and their team members well. :-)