Default CSA - Lobster Night - Best Restaurant Choice?

Hi All,

We will be at CSA in 84 days! While we will be there for 2 Saturdays, apparently our visit extends across the lobster cut off date. So, we will only have one chance at the lobster. (we were at CN 5 yrs ago, but completely out of the season that time)

My question is, which restaurant is the best choice for our lobster night?

Thanks!

Cindy

I will have the same situation as you. Only one Sat. in the Lobster season. We usually end up at Patois as there is not a reservation set, and as it is our first full day, who knows what we will be doing. That being said, I hear Feathers does a great job with the lobster. Oh to have two stomachs at Swept Away!!! Such a problem, Where to eat Lobster!!! I can't handle the stress!!!!

Cindy,
    From what we saw and heard when we were there in December, the lobster is served the same way regardless of the restaurant choice. We ate at Feather's that night and were able to do a surf and turf, but others in our party ate at The Palms and it was the exact same thing (less the turf). They do not serve it with drawn butter so that was disappointing for me, but otherwise it was good. Keep in mind it comes from warm waters so is fishier than you may experience from cold water lobster.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by TomandCindy View Post
    Hi All,

We will be at CSA in 84 days! While we will be there for 2 Saturdays, apparently our visit extends across the lobster cut off date. So, we will only have one chance at the lobster. (we were at CN 5 yrs ago, but completely out of the season that time)

My question is, which restaurant is the best choice for our lobster night?

Thanks!

Cindy
    Melissa & Chris
    Married at CSA on 12/14/12 (12/110/12-12/20/12)
    Booked for CN 12/13/13-12/21/13

Everyone will have differing opinions on this, but we loved the lobster at Feathers at CSA. We had it at the Palms once, and it was good but not as good as what we had at Feathers. We have not tried it at Patois Patio.

It doesn't matter where you get it, it's the same lobster, so go for the ambiance instead. And not for nothing, but if you've grown up eating Maine lobsters, the spiny bug that comes out of the Caribbean Sea is not worth the effort.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

If you like Thai food- then try Lemongrass! If you don't, then read the other responses because I loved Lemongrass' lobster so much that I have never tried another restaurant on that night!

Cindy, we booked both feather's and the tai restaurant and just had lobster. Both were excellent. The one at feathers was predictable but the one at the tai restaurant had outstanding flavor!

We love Feathers for lobster night - the food is generally better than other restaurants, and we've found that they take more care with the lobster preparation - maybe because there are fewer diners.

We've had lobster at Lemongrass and found that it was a bit over spiced (that rock lobster I think has a more delicate flavor than the Maine lobster I grew up on). We've also had lobster at the Palms, which was a MAJOR disappointment - I think because there are SO many people circulating through that restaurant at night, the service is generally sub-par and they really haven't done justice to the food in general (or lobster in particular) during the evenings we've dined there.

Had lobster at Patois once when we went for the Repeater's Dinner, and found it to be good.

Then again, it really is a matter of your food preference, so if you're there long enough to try some of the restaurants before lobster night, you may be able to figure out which restaurant suits your own particular taste.

Or, you could just do what some people do and order lobster at a couple of different restaurants in the same night (although for me that's just overkill).

What's the lobster cut off date?

If you really love your lobster..you have to try Our Past-time which is off the resort!!! My husband and I walk there from CSA but it is quite a ways so you could take an easy cab ride. They pull the lobster right out of a basket in the ocean and cook it on an open pit BBQ right in front of you. They make their own garlic butter and baste your lobster while cooking and serve it with toast. AMAZING!!! Like all things in Jamaica it takes awhile but you can just sit back with a Red Stripe and enjoy the beautiful scenery while you wait

Tilly, where exactly is this? What's it called? Can you give us more details?

Thanks for the responses!

@fawnridge - I'd heard it was definitely different, but was disappointed to not at least be able to try it last time.

You can try the Office of Nature for a beach grill lobster experience if you are at CN. A short 15 minute walk from the resort.

Kat

The place is Our Past-time. It is right by Sandals Negril. If you are looking at the ocean from CSA you would go to the right. I would say it is about a mile and a half walk but a quick cab ride. My husband and I really enjoy the walk. Its beautiful. Its a small place right on the beach that never is really busy which we love! It was just a place we stumbled upon and have gone back several times. They have a website you can check out. Our Past Time Villas - Negril Beach - Norman Manley Boulevard, Negril P.O. 45, Negril, Westmoreland, Jamaica W.I. - (876) 957-5422, Fax: (876) 957-5105, info@ourpasttimenegril.com - http://www.ourpasttimenegril.com Hope this helps
    -Tiff