Default Wedding Reception at CN

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are getting married at CN in April, and I'm starting to get really excited! My mother and sister are our only guests, and I was just curious about the reception after the wedding ceremony. We went with the free package (I believe it was called One Love) and it says it includes a cake and champagne reception. What does this mean? How long will this be? I"m hoping we can have a first dance and enjoy the cake and champagne for at least 45 minutes or so. Also, can we bring our own music? I am hoping so! I have a few great songs picked out

Quote Originally Posted by FutureFritzels View Post
    Hi everyone! My fiance and I are getting married at CN in April, and I'm starting to get really excited! My mother and sister are our only guests, and I was just curious about the reception after the wedding ceremony. We went with the free package (I believe it was called One Love) and it says it includes a cake and champagne reception. What does this mean? How long will this be? I"m hoping we can have a first dance and enjoy the cake and champagne for at least 45 minutes or so. Also, can we bring our own music? I am hoping so! I have a few great songs picked out
    Congratulations. We got married at CN 5 years ago. It is a wonderful beautiful place and thought our wedding was perfect for us.
    What will happen is they will bring you to the wedding gazebo after your ceremony and you will have cake and champagne to celebrate your recent nuptuials. The Jamaican cake is fabulous by the way...not a regular fruit cake.
    Unless things have changed since we got married, yes you will have opportunity to play your music and have first dance if you so choose. I know we were there with our best man/maid of honor for about half hour or 45 min after at least. We were never rushed at all. You have time for a toast, to have some wedding cake and just bask in the new energy of being married.
    Enjoy!

We were married at CN a few years ago, and never felt rushed...Congratulations.

Hi, I'm also getting married at CN in April, Exciting! Congrats!! I dunno about the dance, but I do know they have an iPod doc and you can choose 3 songs, 1 for before the ceremony, 1 for walking down the isle and 1 for signing of the papers. I read this in the papers I was given when we booked our trip. Hope this helps a bit. When's your big day? Ours is April 12 .

Thanks everyone! That was super helpful. I am so excited! Cherbear -- we are getting married on April 16 at 4 pm. We arrive on the 12th! If we see you, we'll come over and say congrats!!