Hybrid View

Default CN-golf question

I saw there is free golfing at CN. I assume they take you to a nearby course. Questions for those who have done it: how much does club rental cost? What is appropriate to tip your caddy? Do they discourage weaker players? (I'm pretty bad at golf, but enjoy it once in awhile). What is the dress attire? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

103 days until we go!

For Negril Hills

-Caddy is mandatory at $14 per caddy for 18 holes; $7 for 9 holes.
    -Carts are optional at $35 per cart for 18 holes; $17.50 for 9 holes.
    -Club Rental: $18 per set (all rentals available in ladies and gents, left & right handed)

When it comes to golf, I suck. My husband has been playing since he was 14. The caddies and everyone else was as nice to me as to my husband.

We generally tip the caddy about 20 - 30 dollars.
    Dress attire is collared shirt and non jean shorts/pants but it is hot so shorts are how I would go. I usually wear sneakers as I pack a ton of shoes and golf shoes are not on my list!!!!!

Havent golfed there yet but all the info your need is in the FAQ section. I hear the caddies are a hoot/

Yeah I am a horrible golfer this season. No lie, I learned a few years back, but torn my abdomen last summer and still have a really stiff and swing, i am still guarding my side.

WOuld love to golf, but maybe only 9 holes, with equally poor or equally patient golfers.

Would you guys recommend doing the golf? I think it would be fun, but part of me says do the things you can't do back at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeandMegan View Post
    Would you guys recommend doing the golf? I think it would be fun, but part of me says do the things you can't do back at home.
    the course at "best" is on par with a decent course back home.
    If you are a duffer like most of us you will loose your share of balls and to purchase there can get pricey..
    If you plan on just playing 9 holes check the shuttle schedule to make sure they can or will drop you off else you may have ot take a cab back to cn on your dime
    Only you will know if you should play or not have fun

Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking no to the golf since I can do that at home. We're all about doing things you can't do in Iowa (especially in the winter!)