Hybrid View

Default Honeymooning at CTI in June 2013!

My fiancé and I just booked our honeymoon at CTI for the week of 6/9/13-6/16/13! It was hard deciding between the resorts because they all had amazing reviews! I honestly had such a hard time deciding between a Negil resort or an Ocho Rios resort. We finally decided on CTI last night. Normally I enjoy a more "resort style" vacation, but I was really drawn to the retro/hotel/intimate atmosphere of CTI. Usually that's not my preferred style...I've always enjoyed my stays at large Iberostar and Riu resorts. Needless to say, we are beyond excited for this trip!!! I would love any advice from people who have visited CTI about what to do, etc. We are for sure going to Dunn's River Falls. We are a young couple (24 & 22) who love to have a good time, meet new people, and enjoy each other! We are staying in a Jr Ocean Suite...not sure exactly where ours will be located but I'm hoping for a pretty view! Any past reviews on the room would be helpful too (We chose this room because it seemed pretty large). Please let us know of your favorite things about CTI and things that will make our honeymoon WONDERFUL Thank y'all!

You guys sound exactly like us!!! Same room type, almost same ages (22 & 23), we'll be there June 10-18 so I bet we'll see y'all! SO EXCITED!

My husband and I honeymooned at CTI in June 2011. We were about your ages then - 23 and 24 - and enjoyed every.single.second of our honeymoon. Your room will have an amazing view, I guarantee it. We only went off of the resort to go to Dunn's River Falls because we were too busy relaxing and recovering from the wedding to even want to do anything else. The food is top-notch, so enjoy it!

Tips? Bring your own watershoes for Dunn's. Bring lots of sunscreen. Make lots of dinner reservations as soon as you get there - you can dine at Bayside and Eight Rivers more than once, fyi. Nobody told us that we needed to sign up for the glass bottom boat days ahead of time, so we were never able to get on a trip out. Make sure you visit watersports to sign up early! Ask to be taken out on the cats. Bring a waterproof video camera with you and you'll never regret it! We love ours We kind of kept to ourselves but eventually made friends with two other couples from the Midwest that both got married on the same day we did. We all still stay in touch and we've visited one couple on more than one occasion since our honeymoon. We've made lifelong friends with them and have SO MANY great memories of all of us at CTI.

You will love it. Don't expect anything in particular and you will be blown away.

Feel free to ask more specific questions and I'll make sure to respond!

Biggest tip, RELAX! You are on your honeymoon. All the rooms have amazing views. If you are building 3, you will be looking directly out to the ocean and island. If you are in building 2, you will overlook the main pool then to the ocean and island. Building 2 rooms are "newer" as they were built as part of the renovation a few years back. The rooms in building 3 are updated. Sign up for Romance Rewards and then you can pre-check in for your mini bar selections. Enjoy croissants and fresh fruit on your balcony as part of the continental breakfast room service. Take a day to go over to CSS,just 5 minutes down the road through Trading Places. This will give you a chance to see another Couples resort. It is totally different. After your mega resort stays, you will probably appreciate the intimacy of CTI. You will be surprised at how quickly the staff get to know you. Oh while there, have a chocolate martini by Antionette or Tenisha.
    Vicky

If you like the retro atmosphere, you will definitely love CTI. Visit the Piano Bar. It's swanky. Go out to the Island if you're adventurous enough. We love it.