Default If you love the Island at CTI....

will you also love the AN area at Couples Negril? We've been to CTI 5 times in the last 3 years but it might be time to try something else.
    Any input from all you Couples experts is greatly appreciated!

I'm sure that there will be a lot of different answers to this question. I know of many couples that absolutely love CN and the au natural area. They don't mind the fact that it is not as private as TI. They don't mind the vendors that walk the beach. They don't mind that when you walk down to the water, everyone else on the "clothing" side of the beach can see them. They don't mind there are the "gawkers" that stand at the beach and get their fill of naked bodies. And of course, they love the long white sandy beach. None of those factors seem to ruin or at least mildly bothher them to any degree. And they love to be able to walk the beach where there is a lot to see. It all works for them.

We have not been to Negril in the 18 years that we have been going to CTI. Our information is somewhat second hand from friends that have been there and information here on the MB.

We, however, love the privacy at TI. We love that there are no "hawkers or gawkers". We love the intimacy of the admittedly small island and small swim-up bar.We love the bartenders that have always helped to make the day terrific. We don't miss the expansive beach in Negril. We both grew up here on the east coast where we have long beaches from Plum Island to the New Hampshire coastline, and beyond. So we don't miss being able to take long walks along the shoreline.

When it comes right down to it, each couple finds what works for them, and when they do, the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is how they feel about where they are.

With 34 trips to CTI, we have come to know many of the staff there, and look forward to seeing them each time we return. Their smiling faces and warm hugs welcome us every time, and it's just a wonderful comfortable familiar feeling.

We have friends that had thought that CTI had captured their hearts, and that they never thought that they would be happier anywhere else. But in the last few years, some of them have found enough to like about CN or CSA, and now call them home.

I guess the worst that could happen if you visit the other side would be that you would find that you liked it, but now know
    that you really prefer CTI. So, try it, you may like it.

Our first AN was the Island, (it was COR back then) and we loved it! WE've since found CN, and it is our favorite! We are beach people, and having that access to the water that you don't really have on the island, is a MUST for us. Most complaints about CN tend to be that it's not as private. The AN area has hedges surrounding it on 3 sides, with only the ocean side open, and being a public beach, people can, and do walk past. The layout of the beach has the shade and most of the lounge chairs approximately 30 feet back from the waters edge, so it's not like those passing by are extremely close to you. If you are a beach person, you cannot go wrong here. It is not as social-centric as the island due to the layout, and lack of pool, but we have yet to meet anyone that was unfriendly or unpleasant. The beach is still the big sell here! calm water, sandy bottom, no rocks, and of course you don't need to wait for a boat to ferry you back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-n-Lori View Post
    Our first AN was the Island, (it was COR back then) and we loved it! WE've since found CN, and it is our favorite! We are beach people, and having that access to the water that you don't really have on the island, is a MUST for us. Most complaints about CN tend to be that it's not as private. The AN area has hedges surrounding it on 3 sides, with only the ocean side open, and being a public beach, people can, and do walk past. The layout of the beach has the shade and most of the lounge chairs approximately 30 feet back from the waters edge, so it's not like those passing by are extremely close to you. If you are a beach person, you cannot go wrong here. It is not as social-centric as the island due to the layout, and lack of pool, but we have yet to meet anyone that was unfriendly or unpleasant. The beach is still the big sell here! calm water, sandy bottom, no rocks, and of course you don't need to wait for a boat to ferry you back and forth.

That is exactly how my husband and I feel about CN's AN beach. Our first love is and always will be Tower Island. We honeymooned there way back in 1983.....and when I walk into that lobby and see the island, well it always takes my breath away.

However, if you are a beach person it is very difficult to do anything.....but fall in love with Negril. The beach is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The AN side is definitely less of a social atmosphere probably due to the fact that there is no pool but for us that is not a factor. We travel with some friends that we met at TI years back,so the party comes with us and though it is not as private as the Island it does not close for weddings, high winds, etc. Nor is there a time limit for how long we can stay on that beach. We usually go early in the morning and stay until sunset. We have dinner and do the piano bar and the rest of the night time activities, and then wind up back at the AN beach with a bottle of champagne, jump in the hot tub and enjoy all the stars and some last laughs before we start it all over again the next day!!

We arrive on the 20th of April and will be heading straight for that beach!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I have not been to CTI and love CN .. but Crabracer... that was a great answer above!!
    Nicely done!

There have been few to no 'gawkers' at the CN nude beach when we have been there, but it may be different when we are not there. The security staff won't let anyone just stand there and look at the folks on the nude beach. The beach is open for walking... but they have to keep walking.
    Respect and good travels!