Hybrid View

Default Tipping at the Spa

In the past I have never left a tip at the spa because I wasn't aware I was allowed or supposed to. Where do you leave it? In the room once you're done or at the desk as you leave?

I think this is something you could advertise at check in or when booking as a disclaimer so people know. For me, I treated them like Couples employees and didn't think to tip.
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" - Bob Marley

CTI After our massages my wife and I would relax with an ice cold glass of flavored water and ask the attendant at the spa bar to have the girls come out to thank them. NO PROBLEM!

We always tip, and the person doing the massage has always discreetly given you an opportunity to tip if you wish by leaving the room to let you get dressed, then coming out to say goodbye as you leave, then when you shake her hand, just give her a tip at that time, if you desire. Tipping is allowed at the spa but not mandatory. We always give the lady about $15 or $20

Randy has always said the exception to tipping is spa personnel, it's on here in several places on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post
    In the past I have never left a tip at the spa because I wasn't aware I was allowed or supposed to. Where do you leave it? In the room once you're done or at the desk as you leave?

I think this is something you could advertise at check in or when booking as a disclaimer so people know. For me, I treated them like Couples employees and didn't think to tip.
    At the desk when you check out. They put it in an envelope...and i think i had to sign something saying how much the cash was and for who. But i might be wrong on the signing, its been 9 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimebrad View Post

Just hand it to your therapist...they typically stand outside the treatment rooms when you come out.....tip the same as you would at home, I give 20% the cost of the service....and give $10 each on the Comp Couples Massage.

Please seek out your provider at the spa and give her your tip in hand.

Spa employees are clearly noted as not being Couples employees.

Please don't forget to tip at the spa - we tip 20% as we'd do at home in the Boston area....

I just handed it to my girl when she got me my water and handed me my comment card. I had forgotten cash for one of my treatments so I told her I would bring it back down. I went to my room, got the cash, and brought it down and left it with the girl at the front desk at the spa and asked her to give it to my therapist. I tipped $20/session.

We always just hand it to the girls after the massage is over and we get dressed. We usualy tip about $20