Default Wait Time for Ground Transportation

Last year we landed at 2.30 pm and made it to the Couples lounge in about half an hour. We had to wait another hour and a half for the ground transporation to CSS-I believe they were waiting for a few more flights to land to fill up the van. Have other people waited this long or was that unusual? We are going back in Feb. and are landing at 10.30 am. We will use the Club MoBay arrival service to get through customs quickly, and are hoping that we won't have to wait long at the airport for the ground transportation. The bartender last year at the Couples lounge at the airport was delightful and the beer was cold, but we are hoping to get to CSS as quickly as possible to get in a half day of sun. If a long wait is common, we will arrange alternative ground transportation. I would appreciate hearing whether most people have had a long or short wait.

We have been twice to CSS and never waited more than half an hour. I think what you experienced is very unusual and certainly not the norm.

I am curious about this also... I am debating on using the Club MoBay service (we land on Thursday @ 2:30 in Feb) and worry about long lines at immigration...BUT do not want to pay the cash if it is to go and end up sitting in the Couples lounge waiting to fill a mini van.... we too want to get to the beach as soon as possible )) I will not be happy if it is an 1.5 hr wait!!! That is awful! From most comments on this subject it seems that mostly people only have to wait 10-15 minutes... hope that is true in our case... Enjoy your trip!

In 5 trips to Couples, (once to css and 4 to csa) we have never waited more than a half hour.

We arrived on a Saturday at 3:00 p.m. the last week of November 2012 and waited about 15 minutes for ground transportation which is about the same for past trips. Also, getting through the passport control line has really improved - we got through a long line in 10 minutes and actually had to wait for the luggage.

Hi! I agree with novastar! Waiting more than half hour for the shuttle to the resort is not the norm. We also used the Club Mobay arrival service in December. Our plane, along with many others, arrived at 2pm. We were greeted by a Club Mobay representative who checked our Immigration documents to make sure we had filled them out correctly, and then we went to the Fast Track line.....we saved 90 minutes waiting in the regular line! We only had to wait 20 minutes for our shuttle to CSS. Trip #7 is scheduled for July, we will most likely do the Club Mobay arrival and departure package again.

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

I second novastar's response, except we have been to CTI twice, not CSS. Our first visit, the shuttle only had 2-3 other couples on it and left shortly after I had time to use the restroom and have a drink. Last year the lounge was crowded but we still didn't wait more than 20 minutes or so. Here's hoping everyone's next trip is speedy as well!

In our 9 trips so far, our longest wait would have been less than a half hour, and a couple of times, it was about 10 minutes. Anything more than a half hour is very unusual. We have also been lucky that on our last 2 trips, our plane was the only one going through customs, and since we sit at the front of the plane, we were first in line. It was great!!
    (Karen&Paul)

In more than 25 trips to Couples, mostly to CSA, I've never waited more than half an hour. Several times, I've walked into the Couples Lounge, signed in, and was immediately ushered out to a waiting van.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We always grab a Red Stripe and go to the bathroom. Then run off to the bus. I just wish they didn't stop on the way to the resort. Someone always has to go to the potty on the way.

Life is good

In August 2011, we waited for an 1 and 15 minutes to go to Couples Negril, but from the time the plane doors opened to the time we stepped in Couples Lounge was 13 minutes. We were the very first people off the plane, I walk really fast, no line, and luggage was the very first coming off the belt. We had to wait for two more couples on our flight. The other two trips it was less than 30 minutes.

We have never waited more than 1/2 hour to go to CSA..

At first glance I thought Club mobay looked like a waste of money. However, after sleeping in airports getting to the resort in 2 hours earlier would be a gift - and after a wonderful vacation, having a nice lounge instead of the terminal to wait in might be nice too. Where/when did you purchase this package? I understand the departure can be purchased the resort for about $30 each from what I'd read. How much was the arrival lounge and how did you purchase that. We have already booked our airfare through Expedia. Thanks!
    Last edited by D&A913; January 14th, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D&A913 View Post
    At first glance I thought Club mobay looked like a waste of money. However, after sleeping in airports getting to the resort in 2 hours earlier would be a gift - and after a wonderful vacation, having a nice lounge instead of the terminal to wait in might be nice too. Where/when did you purchase this package? I understand the departure can be purchased the resort for about $30 each from what I'd read. How much was the arrival lounge and how did you purchase that. We have already booked our airfare through Expedia. Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems most have experienced very short wait times. With respect to the MoBay arrival service, you can book it by phone - number at clubmobay.com. They have an arrival/departure package. For $80.00 each they provide the arrival service where you are fast tracked through and you get to use the departure lounge when you leave. Last year the departure lounge fee if purchased at Couples was $30 ($5 more if purchased at the airport).

We've been to CSA, CN, and CSS, and have seldom had to wait even a half hour. It seemed like the wait for CSS was a tad longer, so I speculate that fewer people may have been going to the Ocho Rios resorts those times. Still well under an hour.

Our next trip to CSA will be with another couple...as such, I think we'll split the cost and get our own transportation. That way if we want to stop and grab a bite or something to drink we won't have any issues with other guests who may not want to stop.

For a bit of perspective, last November I traveled to Negril on a solo trip, so I was not able to stay at Couples. I arranged for my airport transfer through the AI resort where I decided to stay. There was an additional fee by the way. I checked in at that resort's desk in the airport arrivals hall and I was asked to take a seat in their lounge (no bar or complimentary drinks there by the way) and that my transportation would leave for Negril "shortly". An HOUR AND A HALF later I was finally on my way.

The truly frustrating part was that I was one of the first people off the plane and my bag was litterally the third bag to hit the conveyor belt at baggage claim. I was through immigration and customs in a matter of minutes. I couldn't belive my luck. I made it from the plane to the arrival hall in about 10 minutes.

Just one more little way that Couples stands above their competition. Just sayin...
    Last edited by NeedBlueWater; January 17th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Default Questions about CSA

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    In more than 25 trips to Couples, mostly to CSA, I've never waited more than half an hour. Several times, I've walked into the Couples Lounge, signed in, and was immediately ushered out to a waiting van.
    fawnridge-

25 Times?! So is CSA really that great? I am asking out of ignorance because I have never been to any of the Couples Resorts, and I am considering CSA for our honeymoon this coming March. Could you possibly give me any ideas on what to expect? How does the standard Garden View Verandah Room compare to other rooms? is it worth it to upgrade? How is the overall customs experience? Is it worth it to look into this Club Mobay? And theres a couples lounge at the airport? Any other recommendations are welcomed and thank you for your time!

P.S. Im assuming you would choose CSA over any Sandals resorts?
    Thanks
    -Shea

We'd never waited more than 20 minutes for the shuttle to any of the resorts before until this December & it was just over 30 minutes but most of the that was due to the fact that we got thru immigration & customs SUPER FAST because we were some of the first off the plane & our luggage was also unloaded fast (ours are usually the last 2 bags to show up) .... We just were waiting on the others off that same flight to get there & once they arrived, we were off .... They didn't even have time to do more than run to the bathroom & grab a drink for the road.
    Julie

12 trips so far, and I cant recall waiting more than 30 minutes max. I think most trips were between 15 & 20 minutes. I know one time we came in at 2:30 AM due to mechanical delays leaving JFK. Even then we were out in 15 minutes.

We have been to Couples 4 glorious times and I do not see the need to arrange alternative transportation. Each time we have travelled to Negril, we've only had a wait of approximately 10-15 minutes in the Couples lounge (SOOO wonderful to have that first taste of the delicious cold Red Stripe!). Last trip was to CSS and we experienced a wait of approximately 40 minutes. However, we were waiting for one other couple and they were delayed to the Couples lounge because they had a missing suitcase and had to file paperwork and make arrangements with their airline. Otherwise, I'm sure we would have had a much shorter wait!

With over 75 visits to Couples we have never waited more than 20 minutes.