Default CN Fitness Center Questions

We've been to CN before, but never used the Fitness Center. This year we're planning on using it... hopefully... lol.

Anyway, does anyone remember what kind/quantity of equipment they have? Any free weights, or just cardio machines? How do I find out the schedule for any classes they are having? If anyone has pictures that would be great too.

Thanks a bunch!

There are plenty of free weights as well as circuit training machines. 4 to 5 treadmills, 4 or 5 stationary bikes. I think I saw an elliptical last time but am not 100% sure. All good quality and surprisingly large selection. I have pics I'll try to post later.

To add to rudi's response... there was at least one elliptical trainer at CN when we were there in April. The class schedule was posted outside the fitness center each day. There's also a really nice deck area just outside the fitness area for doing yoga, tai chi, stretching or any activities like that.

ENJOY!

These photos are a bit older, but are what I have.
    Both are from just inside the western door. 1st facing south, 2nd facing east.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The class schedule was published outside the health club each day. There's also a really nice outdoor patio place just outside the health and health and fitness place for doing yoga exercises, tai chi, extending or any activities like that.
    Jayson

Rudi, you kill me! Is there anything you haven't photographed? You provide a great service for new guests, but I hope that you're able to spend the bulk of your vacation enjoying yourself.

ksx2b, if you click on the link for CN at the top of the page, then select "Map & 360-Degree View," and then select "Gym," you'll get to "see" the interior of the gym at CN and will have an idea of what to expect.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Was just there in December and was at the gym almost everyday. The gym is pretty much as Rudi's pictures show but they have a few more bikes. They post a schedule of classes daily on the wall outside the gym. The classes are held on the outdoor patio in front of the gym. Classes are different times thru the day and the first one starts about 9:30. There are usually about 3 different classes a day. Unless they have a visiting instructor then there maybe another class. If you look on the Couples Negril web page under Inclusions and Activites then click activites you will see the schedule of classes. They also give you a brochure when you check in and on it has the gym classes. They go from Kickboxing,Core,Yoga etc. Everyday they have Aquacise at 11 in the pool. Wayne is the CN resident instructor and he is excellent. In the 10 years of going to CN I was so happy to see that this year he was doing personal training. Enjoy!

You can do a virtual tour of the fitness center by going to the Map & 360 section on the CN page, if you click on the link at the top of this page. It's a lot bigger than you think and full of everything you need. On our last trip, I used it about 6 of the 10 days we were there. It's nice.

Here's a nice 360 view of the gym Couples Negril

Activity Schedule http://couples.com/negril/negril-act...s-schedule.pdf

We leave next week and I'm planning to use the gym at least a few times so I'll let you know what I think when we return.

Brian
    CN Feb 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Rudi, you kill me! Is there anything you haven't photographed? You provide a great service for new guests, but I hope that you're able to spend the bulk of your vacation enjoying yourself.
    No pics of the Nude Beach.
    Those fitness center pics (and the post) are from ~ 4 years ago (before the 360-degree view map was online), but yes we definitely enjoy all our time at CN.