Thread: SSB post-Sandy

Hybrid View

Default SSB post-Sandy

I've read several posts which suggest that SSB at CSS is still a bit battered looking since Sandy. We'll be there in April. Interested in assessments of the current condition of SSB by recent visitors. Many thanks.

I am also interested in hearing about this, will be there in 5 and a half weeks. Thanks.

Hi! We just returned from CSS and SSB on Jan.4th. SSB did take quite a beating during the storm, but the staff have worked to make it beautiful once again. One thing you will notice that as you approach the entrance there may be some broken branches and tree stumps, you will also be able to see the water---all the tall foliage on the right side at the entrance is gone. You will also notice as you face the water and look to your left, bushes and shrubs have been removed so you have a very expansive view of the bay from the pool area---very beautiful. Some of the small palms are gone, but all the palapas are still there. They've also remodeled the bathrooms. They look great! SSB looks a bit different, but it is still beautiful!

Have a great trip!
    suzyQ

I had not been to SSB pre-Sandy so have no comparison, but I thought that it was in pretty good shape last week. I had no complaints with SSB. BTW, other than the "landing" I no problems with Tower Island either.

Come to think of it, the volleyball net was "jury rigged" with two orange pylons holding it up. I don't know if that was a Sandy effect or not.

I haven't seen SSB post Sandy, but here is a pic the day after courtesy of a friends parents who were there during Sandy. Name:  553914_4430821942614_1585932877_n.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  245.2 KB

novastar! WOW! Thanks for sharing! I can say that there are some changes as I noted in my previous post, but SSB is still a lovely, tranquil place to enjoy paradise!

SuzyQ,
    thanks for the update !! Just curious -- how did they remodel the SSB bathrooms ?? This was long overdue, methinks.

Jackie

Hi Jackie!
    For the remodel of the women's SSB bathroom, they upgraded the toilet and the vanity now has two very chic Kohler sinks.

suzyQ

Sounds like some of the privacy may be gone from SSB. Does anyone have any pictures post Sandy? Also, did they add a volleyball net to SSB? If not, I'll have to add that to my wish list!

Paul,
    There was no volleyball net when we were there, but there was bocci ball at SSB. SSB is still private -- there is a bit more open space on the right side by the entrance and to the left of the bar as you face the beach, and I did not feel as if it subjected guests to additional gawkers. Sorry I don't have any post Sandy photos.....we never got to SSB before the other guests arrived...so no photo op!

All the best,
    suzyQ
    Last edited by suzyQ; January 18th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

Also, there is no change in the privacy of SSB.

Chris

I had a typo in my previous post--SSB after Sandy--no changes in privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnsue View Post
    Also, there is no change in the privacy of SSB.

Chris
    Anybody have a recent pictures....was there last year...heading there next month....hoping Sandy didn't do too much damage to a good thing

All,

We are here at CSS and SSB now and can tell you the beach is all cleaned up with little change from the past. There is a swail down the middle of the beach, running parallel to the ocean and it does have some standing water. The White river does flow more along the front of the beach more than it did the last two years. Otherwise, there are no apparent changes and it is once again a beautiful place to spend the day.

The volleyball net is up, but was not used today.

I'll answer any more question anyone has over the next 9 days while we are here.

Chris

P.S. Cracker says " hello"

Awesome! See you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by krazykeith View Post
    Awesome! See you soon!
    Keith,

Looking forward to seeing you and Ginger soon.

Chris