Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So what cities in the US have direct flights to Barbados?

I cannot wait so see some photos of the new resort Welcome Couples Barbados!!

VERY excited about the new resort .... Will definitely be going when the reno is done & it's all Couples .... Only bad thing is going to be the flight from Kansas City .... Did St. Lucia a few years ago & the flight was a killer with 2 connections to get there.
    Julie

Sounds like it might be a 2014 trip! Congrats!

Congrats Couples. We too hope we can visit this resort someday...

What I find interesting is that you are spending money to fix up this newest resort... when the existing Couples resorts (CSS for example) are getting reviews that the rooms and decor are "shabby, tired, dated, in need of a major update, sewage system smells up all of the beachfront suites, bathrooms really need upgrading (cracked tiles and sinks, old cupboards, etc.)" ... and I could go on and on with these reviews from travelers to CSS. Many (most) of these reviews are from repeat customers.

RandyMon, please don't spend all the money on this new resort at the expense of continued neglect at CSS and the other Couples resorts. Wish you could start a nice thread on what the upgrade plans are for your existing resorts. That would get most of your repeaters more excited.

Again, Congrats! Hope you get a chance to respond about upgrade plans. Please?!

Congratulations! This is very exciting. Love all the inclusions, especially the cat cruise and the swimming with sea turtles. Curious... about the "Free Scuba Dive", is that just the resort/discover scuba dive, or will you offer the same included diving for certified divers that you offer in Jamaica?
    We'll be very anxious to see the rates. Here's hoping you have some grand opening promos ...ohh, and carpenter hubby says he'll help with the renos in trade for staying there. He did a very high end pool on Grand Cayman hehe

For those of you who love using your floaties in the water and just drifting away all day with a drink in hand...think again!! The shoreline is very rough with crashing waves and can be tricky getting in and out of the water. Fine for some but you should be aware you won't have the calm, relaxing water like CSA or CN. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by squally80 View Post
    will there be a/n available at the new resort?
    Sorry, Squally. Randymon previously announced that no nudity (even topless) is permitted in the Barbados.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Congratulations to all....sounds amazing.....hope to get there .....!

I wonder what kind of beer they have in Barbabos, probably not Red Stripe? Or will Coulples "import" it from Jamaica.

Hi Randymon,
    At what point will the upgrades be completed and reservations taken? Have prices been set yet? I have to assume that resorts all throughout the Caribbean will start worrying now that Couples has ventured out from Jamiaca. Couples does adult all inclusives right!

Default So Excited....

Randy on,

This is truly wonderful news! This is an island I have always wanted to go back to, so it will be on the calendar for the big 5-0 birthday. I know we will miss the Jamaican hospitality but looking forward to having that new "first timer" experience!

Can't wait...

The Brantinghams

Quote Originally Posted by zaraforty View Post
    I wonder what kind of beer they have in Barbabos, probably not Red Stripe? Or will Coulples "import" it from Jamaica.
    We had Banks beer when we were there. (Long time ago). It was good beer.

Carol and Dave.

Barbados' local beer is called Banks Beer. There are other international beers on the island.

New York, Miami, Charlotte, Toronto, and London have nonstop flights to Barbados. Oh, Sao Paulo as well, believe it or not. There was a nonstop from Dallas, but that was discontinued almost as fast as it began.

Mag

This is fantastic news, indeed, and I cannot wait to see the upgrades. Congratulations, Couples! Welcome to Barbados!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    VERY excited about the new resort .... Will definitely be going when the reno is done & it's all Couples .... Only bad thing is going to be the flight from Kansas City .... Did St. Lucia a few years ago & the flight was a killer with 2 connections to get there.
    I too am in KC, and I've already been looking at flights. Either you can get in really late after flying all day, or do an overnight layover in Toronto on Air Canada. We are leaning towards that option. That way we'd be at the resort by about 3pm instead of 10pm.

Banks

Banks is the beer of Barbados. Twenty five years since tasted it and way before tasted red stripe so can't truly compare but hope to soon.

The only reason we haven't visited Barbados is that there isn't a Couples there.... Barbados here we come May 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jdanjou View Post
    I too am in KC, and I've already been looking at flights. Either you can get in really late after flying all day, or do an overnight layover in Toronto on Air Canada. We are leaning towards that option. That way we'd be at the resort by about 3pm instead of 10pm.
    We fly from KC also and this is our concern, too. I think we will try the Air Canada also.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

So, does this mean the Breezes next to CN won't be bought by Couples? ...And there was talk way back about a Couples Trelawny? No?....just curious
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

Wow, this is awesome. I love checking out new places and this will be a beautiful destination. Can't wait to try it.

So, what about Couples "no tipping" policy. And snorkeling? I didn't see either listed in the amenities.

Banks Beer is the Barbadian brewed beer. It will be stocked in the minibars.

Snorkeling - yes. NO TIPPING at any Couples Resort.

Couples Resorts

Default ??

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Squally80 - No, Sorry, Au Naturel bathing is not permitted in Barbados.

Dawn, yes, we are separating these 21 rooms into their own category.

Rates to be announced within the next 24 hours, including a phenomenal introductory offer.
    Did I miss the announcement??? Also, is diving for certified divers included in the amenities?

thanks!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast