Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Did you say Monday or Someday? You did get me to fire up the PC early this AM ,but will check back on Monday.

Default Wow

I'm going to CN with my fiance for our honeymoon in September. It will be the first Couples trip for us. I've always wanted to check out Barbados so I'm honestly wondering if we could transfer our reservation if we decide we'd rather go to the new resort. Hmmmm.

have reservation for October.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Uh, ok, so the expression "Soon Come" has never been more appropriate... Maybe Monday?
    Hope so..... I have the 3 nights from the Issa Trust golf tournament at CTI last Sunday burning a hole in my pocket! LOL

Carol and Dave.....

have reservation in October. Looking forward to Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Uh, ok, so the expression "Soon Come" has never been more appropriate... Maybe Monday?
    one of the things I miss most about Jamaica! "Jamaican "time", soon come! Here in the states everyone is in such a hurry to get things done, get to places in a hurry, drives me loco!!! Life is short, relax, enjoy it, embrace it! One love!!

It must be a monumental job to set up a price range for Couples on a new island. The food, drink, wages etc will be so much higher than Jamaica. Good luck on everything falling into place on Monday !!! We love Couples. Looking forward to staying at the one in Barbados as we also love that island. Have been to Jamaica and Barbados many times over the years.

We go to Barbados quite often but my husband rarely dives as it is very expensive there. We are going on 13 of February for a month. I was checking out different dive companies. The average seems to be $70 U.S. for a 1 tank dive. Perhaps Couples could negotiate a deal for their guests with a company not too far away. I have suggested that there be at least one dive per stay as we always go for 2 weeks. Also that if one spouse does not dive the one who dives can get their dive. No reply to date.

Agree! I have been on the message board looking for additional Barbados info., so many times...too many to even count! Although the diving is pretty important to us, we may overlook the unlimited diving this time, for a different Couples experience. We'll see once the details are posted. One suggestion might be - two dives per couple per stay or per week with the ability to "give" my dive to my husband since I don't dive? This way, he could at least get two dives in. Just a thought as that's a long way and expense to haul ones diving gear for just one dive.

Or here's a thought...you could actually pay for another dive or two. Couples is such a great value already with everything they include. They have stated their very valid reason for limiting to one dive per couple, I would be willing to bet most couples who own their own dive gear could probably afford to pay for another dive or two if they really wanted to dive that badly. Just a thought.

Randymon,

Will the upgrades at Barbados include new loungers and those incredible floats? Gotta have those.

Glad to hear and see all the information, but still awaitng some type of package deals from Toronto ontario to Couples Barbados in 2014 as have already booked for 2013.

Maybe by then you will have a better dive package for" couple divers" who wish to dive every day.

All the best Couples.

Congrats on your New Couples resort in Barbados.

looks wonderful.

VERY disapointed in your SCUBA inclusion. Maybe by Jan/14 you will have ironed out the problem and all your "Couple Divers" will be happy. We all know it takes time, but WE ALL want to dive every day. SO hoping this could be worked on. Thank you from Northern Ontario Canada.
    Karen

We are booked for August. We have been to CN four times and I was about to book again.
    Couples Barbados is cheaper for us from the UK......best room at CN and Barbados.
    I will miss CN but I am ready to try something new!

Im a bit surprised that people are so upset about the diving. Dont get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but someone posted that we all want to dive everyday. I dont. I love diving, but if I want an all diving vacation I will join our dive club on a dive trip to a destination rated highly for diving. When I go to Couples there is so much else to do, and I like to spend time doing nothing at all. My hubby would dive twice a day every day, so I still dive quite a lot when we go to Couples. I enjoy it, of course, but I find that by the time you dive, come back, take a short break, then go out again, then come back, rinse your gear (if like us you have your own), have a bite to eat, the beach day is just about over. I feel like I miss too much when we dive 2 times a day, and I usually convince him to go once a day and/or not every day. I don't feel like just because it's included I need to dive as much as I can.
    In Barbados, since you are not using your own boat, I would assume that we would have to be driven to the marina, unless they can pick up on the beach. The 2 tank dive will likely be conducted the usual way, where you go out for both dives in one go, with the surface interval between sites. So, with this and the travel time, I think well be looking at the usual where you get back to the resort by 2:00 or so (depending on distances). It will take up pretty much the whole day. Honestly, I dont want to book Couples to be gone so much. Just MY opinion. I want to relax, drink, take the cat cruise, take out a hobie cat, etc....
    Weve been to many AI resorts and few include the diving other than the S and B chains. Non-AI - the diving in Maui is crazy expensive so we do a lot of shore diving. (too bad thats not an option in Barbados. I dont believe it is). Anyway, point is, Ill take a little bit of included diving. However... I personally think it would be nice if the amount of dives were relative to the time you stay, i.e 1 2-tank dive per every 3 days (or 4, or 5, or even 7)... but more than 1 per stay if you are there for 10 days or 2 weeks... bus just not a deal breaker for me. Hubby won't bug me to dive every day all day now! LOL ...so we can go swimming with the turtles, go for that guided walk, cat cruise, maybe golf, etc.....

If we didn't already have CN booked for May and CSS booked for October, I'm sure we'd be jumping on that $1,000 air credit for Barbados!! I will have to eagerly await the 2014 specials, I guess. <sigh>

By the way....RandyMon...When I was just playing around with the booking engine for Barbados, to see prices in different room categories, it kept telling me that the 7 nights I selected wasn't 7 nights and was only 6 nights and I couldn't book the special (I used a couple of different date rantes, all for a 7 night stay...ie...Sunday to Sunday or Monday to Monday). It made me select an 8 night trip no matter what dates I selected.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Booked for September!!!! Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie & Chris View Post
    If we didn't already have CN booked for May and CSS booked for October, I'm sure we'd be jumping on that $1,000 air credit for Barbados!! I will have to eagerly await the 2014 specials, I guess. <sigh>

By the way....RandyMon...When I was just playing around with the booking engine for Barbados, to see prices in different room categories, it kept telling me that the 7 nights I selected wasn't 7 nights and was only 6 nights and I couldn't book the special (I used a couple of different date rantes, all for a 7 night stay...ie...Sunday to Sunday or Monday to Monday). It made me select an 8 night trip no matter what dates I selected.
    Did you include airfare when you were playing around with the booking engine? If so, there might have been a stay over at one of your connecting cities on your way there. That would have you arrive a day later and shorten the trip by one day. Hence it saying 6 nights instead of 7. I ran into the same thing and it took me a minute to figure it out! Especially for Barbados. There is only one flight (with one stop) that gets me there in one day. And one flight (with 2 stops) that gets me home in one day. Besides that, the rest are all stay overs. Hence why we are waiting a year or 2 to see if the flights improve.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4